The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Community!

GodzillaDeuce

On a brighter note, word is Dan Harmon has been linked to the new season / potential movie of Arrested Development.

I suppose that's reassuring. Arrested Development never deserved to die in the first place. Hopefully NBC smartens up and continues on with Community

Chevy Chase is a jackass. If you poke around news sites, you can read all about the negative comments he has made about the show and TV in general.

The guy thinks he's this amazing comedian and that people are lining up for his services. What an arrogant prick. He got Dan Harmon (the show's creator) fired.

Chevy Chase has always been a very one-dimensional actor. He can only play the Ahole, and I imagine Harmon casting him in the roll of incompetent and pathetic old man rubbed his ego the wrong way, and now he's crying about it on the internet.

• 3 weeks later...

Chevy Chase is officially leaving Community

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/chevy-chase-leaving-nbcs-community/

EXCLUSIVE: Pierce Hawthorne is dropping out of Greendale Community College. After a tumultuous three-and-a-half year relationship, Chevy Chase and the producers of NBC’s cult comedy Community are parting ways by mutual agreement. Chase’s departure from the show is effective immediately. The bulk of Community‘s 13-episode fourth-season order have been filmed. Chase won’t appear in the 1 or 2 episodes that have not been shot yet.

The news of Chase’s exit from the Sony TV-produced Community hardly comes as a surprise. His return to the comedy series for Season 4 was somewhat surprising as he hinted multiple times last spring that he might leave. He has been vocal about his displeasure with the Community gig, telling The Huffington Post UK in an interview this fall, “It was a big mistake! I just sort of hung around because I have three daughters and a wife, and I figured out I might as well make some bread, every week, so I can take care of them in the way they want … The hours are hideous, and it’s still a sitcom on television, which is probably the lowest form of television.”

Then there was Chase’s public feud with show’s creator/former showrunner Dan Harmon last year, which escalated into a profanity-laced message Chase left on Harmon’s voice mail. (Harmon left the series after the end of last season.) There also have been on-set outbursts that have become a distraction for the rest of the cast and crew. They included a tirade last month, in which Chase used the N-Word. The rant was reportedly prompted by lines of dialogue he found offensive. According to people close to the actor, Chase had been increasingly frustrated and uncomfortable with the direction of his character, Pierce, who is a bigot, and had felt that the Pierce had run his course.

Chase’s departure likely won’t have as big of an impact on Community as Harmon’s exit because Pierce is a supporting character in an ensemble led by Joel NcHale that has a number of standouts. The show recently got a February 7 Season 4 premiere date and is set to return to its regular Thursday 8 PM time slot. With a February start, Community is unlikely to go beyond the 13 ordered episodes this season. Chase will be in most of them, so his departure will be felt more acutely if the series gets a fifth season renewal.

• 1 month later...

Archived