The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Community!

GodzillaDeuce

• 11 months later...

Bumping this. Not sure how many people here still watch the show. I still like it. Just caught up on season 5. I enjoyed the season. Thought it was better than season 4. Favorite episode was probably Cooperative Polygraphy.

Hopefully it gets renewed for a sixth season. Not too sure though, read some stuff earlier that it might be done.

Bumping this. Not sure how many people here still watch the show. I still like it. Just caught up on season 5. I enjoyed the season. Thought it was better than season 4. Favorite episode was probably Cooperative Polygraphy.

Hopefully it gets renewed for a sixth season. Not too sure though, read some stuff earlier that it might be done.

#Sixseasonsandamovie

It had better not be done. Give it at least one more year.

I really liked the last season. A couple of episodes here that are among the best in the entire show.

Was planning to bump this thread earlier in the year, but I was too lazy to search it up, lol.

Give it a full 20 something episode treatment, and a full season with this cast and writers will do wonders. Losing Troy was hard, but the way they managed without him was far better than I expected.

Hope an asteroid doesn't destroy the earth before they start their next school year.

This season flew by. I remember liking it a whole lot more then season 4, but hardly remember any of it. I feel the opposite about Troy leaving. Although he was good, him leaving also leaves Abed in an interesting spot. Most opportunity for character growth with him. To me, I honestly felt the loss of Chevy Chase was huge. I know he's a d*nk in real life, but his character fit in perfectly with the rest of the group. Having a villain in the show who is also part of the group, especially someone like Chase, was incredibly needed. Like the show just fine, but I think it may be time for it to come to an end. Besides, I get my Joel McHale fix through The Soup.

i checked around the interwebs and this is what i found:

"In 2013, Glover signed on to create a music-themed show for FX titled Atlanta in which he will star, write, and executive produce. Consequently, Glover decided to reduce his work for NBC, and appeared in only five of Community's 13 episode fifth season. Although many TV stations were interested in picking up his half-hour comedy, he ultimately picked FX due to their willingness to work around his touring schedule."

He wanted to focus on Childish Gambino?

I am a huge Bino fan, going to his concert on Sunday in Vancouver.

I enjoyed season 5, my favourite character of the season was Dean Pelton. The dean was hilarious from that episode when he was rapping to the last episode, and also Chang had a bunch of funny moments too.

Abed though was really annoying without Troy, it just doesn't feel the same without him. Britta wasn't that bad, but she had her Britta moments.

NBC cancelled it. Wow.

Not surprising, and probably for the best. Some shows have a shelf life and it is best that they don't overstay their welcome. Community would have been fantastic had they wrapped it up after 3 seasons. Another show that should have stopped at 2-3 seasons was Scrubs. Firm believer in the BBC model. Have some integrity.

I will remember this show fondly. I loved it for a good while one of the few comedies I could enjoy but the plot was not designed for a long series. It really was unimpressive of late so I don't mind it being cancelled so much. I shall enjoy the memories.

Archived