The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Community!

GodzillaDeuce

I don't think that's just Community, though... that's just how shows are nowadays.

Older shows like Friends, Home Improvement, Fresh Prince, etc. could make you laugh as much as any of the top shows right now, but they had other levels.

The Office has a little of it, and yeah, so does Modern Family, but not much. Shows like Community and The Big Bang Theory are just pure comedies, nothing more.

You think Home Improvement has more levels than Community?

I think his main point was that those shows could get you emotional. whereas Community doesn't

Perhaps more accurately, Community can (and will) engage you emotionally, but will quickly pull the rug out from under your feet. It is what I like more than anything about the show, but I understand that it would make a lot of people who are used to conventional storytelling uncomfortable.

Perhaps more accurately, Community can (and will) engage you emotionally, but will quickly pull the rug out from under your feet. It is what I like more than anything about the show, but I understand that it would make a lot of people who are used to conventional storytelling uncomfortable.

true

i think this was the only part where i ever got close to sad, while still laughing the whole time lol

oh man, the look on Troy's face at the end

More encouraging news here - http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/11/vulture-answers-your-questions-about-communitys-future.html

They're still in production right now and it sounds like they might still go ahead with a fourth / final season. I just hope this being 'benched' isn't an intimidation factor to force Harmon & co. to change the style of the show.

Archived