317 replies to this topic

#271 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,971 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

What's so great about this show? I've watched a few episodes and it was pretty dull...

First three seasons are good

This season... Ummm Not so much

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes   || STL Blues EHL Roster ||

cookie.png

#272 Master Mind

Master Mind

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,627 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

Watch the first three seasons.

Not sure which season I was watching, but one of the episodes was about the UN. I couldn't watch anymore after that one.

I was just watching it on TV so I wouldn't be able to find out which season I was watching.

I would be pleased as punch if you pressed this green button.

1zx175v.jpg

small.pngCDCP - New York Rangers

#273 allons-y

allons-y

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

This season has been rather underwhelming. It's had its moments, but no standout episode yet.

Not sure which season I was watching, but one of the episodes was about the UN. I couldn't watch anymore after that one.

I was just watching it on TV so I wouldn't be able to find out which season I was watching.

The UN one would be season 3. If you really want to get into Community, try these episodes:

"Debate 109"
"Contemporary American Poultry"
"Modern Warfare"
"Advanced Dungeons & Dragons"
"Conspiracy Theories and Interior Design"
"Remedial Chaos Theory"
"Pillows and Blankets"
"Digital Estate Planning"

My favourite's gotta be Remedial Chaos Theory. Alternate timelines, chaos, character studies and other fun stuff.
Posted Image
I make hockey sigs. Send me a request.

#274 Master Mind

Master Mind

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,627 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

This season has been rather underwhelming. It's had its moments, but no standout episode yet.

The UN one would be season 3. If you really want to get into Community, try these episodes:

"Debate 109"
"Contemporary American Poultry"
"Modern Warfare"
"Advanced Dungeons & Dragons"
"Conspiracy Theories and Interior Design"
"Remedial Chaos Theory"
"Pillows and Blankets"
"Digital Estate Planning"

My favourite's gotta be Remedial Chaos Theory. Alternate timelines, chaos, character studies and other fun stuff.

Are those episodes similar to the UN one? If not then I'll check them out, specifically the one you mentioned.

I would be pleased as punch if you pressed this green button.

1zx175v.jpg

small.pngCDCP - New York Rangers

#275 allons-y

allons-y

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

Are those episodes similar to the UN one? If not then I'll check them out, specifically the one you mentioned.

I honestly don't remember much about the UN one except Annie throwing that cringe-worthy temper tantrum and the weird floating heads. The only funny thing I remember from that episode was Asian Annie, so I'm not surprised you didn't like it.
Posted Image
I make hockey sigs. Send me a request.

#276 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

http://www.slate.com...fth_season.html

The Brightest Timeline: Dan Harmon Returning to Community
By Aisha Harris | Posted Monday, June 3, 2013, at 12:33 PM

Over the past year, Community has provided numerous off-screen surprises. First, its showrunner and creative center Dan Harmon was ousted from the show after internal conflict with NBC back in May of 2012. Then, the date Oct. 19 became a running joke for Community fans after the show’s Season 4 premiere was pushed back to February. Chevy Chase, a frequent source of tension on the set, left the show midway through filming. And after a less-than-stellar (and shortened) Harmon-less season with generally unimproved ratings, NBC raised eyebrows when it decided to renew the show for a fifth go-round.

As if all those twists and turns weren’t enough, this weekend brought the most unexpected development in the series’ rollercoaster history so far: Community will be Harmon-less no more, with the series’ creator returning as showrunner, along with former writer and executive producer Chris McKenna. Harmon himself confirmed the news on Twitter over the weekend, crediting one of the show’s stars, Joel McHale, as the reason for his return.

This is the biggest curveball yet for fans of the show—and likely the most joyous news they could hope for. Harmon’s apparent enthusiasm now is a far cry from his acrimonious departure—and while he may have had to swallow some of his pride to return to those who ousted him in the first place, it seems notable that NBC recognized how far off track the show became without him involved.

Now more questions arise. Will Chase return as well? Probably not: Harmon also tweeted a list of “deal breakers” for his deal with Sony Pictures Television, and named all of the main cast members except for Chase, with whom he has had a very contentious relationship. Will Community be able to reclaim its former glory? Even with Harmon back, will fans be willing to stick around for a fifth season?

The answers to those questions are, obviously, less certain. But whatever the results, we have a reason to look forward to more Community again. And even if we don’t get six seasons and a movie, at least there’s restored hope that the study group can go out on top.

Edited by avelanch, 04 June 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#277 Intoewsables

Intoewsables

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,174 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

http://www.slate.com...fth_season.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IIrf_JSuQk

#278 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IIrf_JSuQk

Posted Image

#279 Intoewsables

Intoewsables

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,174 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#280 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#281 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,094 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Down by the River, 04 June 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#282 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,971 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:26 PM

Bumping this. Not sure how many people here still watch the show. I still like it. Just caught up on season 5. I enjoyed the season. Thought it was better than season 4. Favorite episode was probably Cooperative Polygraphy.

Hopefully it gets renewed for a sixth season. Not too sure though, read some stuff earlier that it might be done. 

cookie.png

#283 Dr.Strangelove

Dr.Strangelove

PPICL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,710 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:33 PM

Bumping this. Not sure how many people here still watch the show. I still like it. Just caught up on season 5. I enjoyed the season. Thought it was better than season 4. Favorite episode was probably Cooperative Polygraphy.

Hopefully it gets renewed for a sixth season. Not too sure though, read some stuff earlier that it might be done. 

#Sixseasonsandamovie

Mein Führer! I can walk!

Can't believe some people..  This is why I always  hold eye contact while making a circle with my fingers on one hand, then sticking a single finger from the other hand in and out through the circle. I generally top this off by rapidly raising my eyebrows.

I'd trust a hallucination in the form of   Benedict Arnold , Philippe Pétain, Hitler , G.W. Bush and Mark Messier before I'd trust Virt

CDC Puck Tampa Bay Lightning (AGM)

#284 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:24 PM

It had better not be done. Give it at least one more year.

I really liked the last season. A couple of episodes here that are among the best in the entire show.

Was planning to bump this thread earlier in the year, but I was too lazy to search it up, lol.

Give it a full 20 something episode treatment, and a full season with this cast and writers will do wonders. Losing Troy was hard, but the way they managed without him was far better than I expected.

Hope an asteroid doesn't destroy the earth before they start their next school year.

QDgOozb.png

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#285 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,971 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:36 AM

A full season would be awesome. These 13 episode seasons are too rushed. It's like the school year starts and then it's right away over.

cookie.png

#286 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:37 AM

why did troy leave anyway (in real life, not the stupid sail around the world plot device)?

#287 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,796 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

This season flew by. I remember liking it a whole lot more then season 4, but hardly remember any of it. I feel the opposite about Troy leaving. Although he was good, him leaving also leaves Abed in an interesting spot. Most opportunity for character growth with him. To me, I honestly felt the loss of Chevy Chase was huge. I know he's a d*nk in real life, but his character fit in perfectly with the rest of the group. Having a villain in the show who is also part of the group, especially someone like Chase, was incredibly needed. Like the show just fine, but I think it may be time for it to come to an end. Besides, I get my Joel McHale fix through The Soup.

Jybl4aB.png

#288 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,137 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:17 AM

why did troy leave anyway (in real life, not the stupid sail around the world plot device)?

He wanted to focus on Childish Gambino?

“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#289 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:54 AM

i checked around the interwebs and this is what i found:

"In 2013, Glover signed on to create a music-themed show for FX titled Atlanta in which he will star, write, and executive produce. Consequently, Glover decided to reduce his work for NBC, and appeared in only five of Community's 13 episode fifth season. Although many TV stations were interested in picking up his half-hour comedy, he ultimately picked FX due to their willingness to work around his touring schedule."

#290 CanuckofSteel

CanuckofSteel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:16 PM

He wanted to focus on Childish Gambino?

I am a huge Bino fan, going to his concert on Sunday in Vancouver.

I enjoyed season 5, my favourite character of the season was Dean Pelton. The dean was hilarious from that episode when he was rapping to the last episode, and also Chang had a bunch of funny moments too.

Abed though was really annoying without Troy, it just doesn't feel the same without him. Britta wasn't that bad, but she had her Britta moments.

#291 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,971 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:42 AM

NBC cancelled it. Wow.

cookie.png

#292 ovechkinisgod

ovechkinisgod

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:13 PM

Sad news. Hopefully they explore other options like Netflix or crowdsourcing (for a quick 6th season and mmovie)

#293 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,796 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:17 PM

NBC cancelled it. Wow.

Not surprising, and probably for the best. Some shows have a shelf life and it is best that they don't overstay their welcome. Community would have been fantastic had they wrapped it up after 3 seasons. Another show that should have stopped at 2-3 seasons was Scrubs. Firm believer in the BBC model. Have some integrity.

Jybl4aB.png

#294 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,926 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:09 PM

They canceled it? Hmm.

#295 Intoewsables

Intoewsables

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,174 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

Heh, #darkesttimeline is trending.

Can't say I'm too surprised, but I was really hoping they could stick for one more season. Five seasons and a movie...?

#296 Beluga Whale

Beluga Whale

Trust me I'm a whale

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:39 PM

I'm not surprised at all. I really like the first 3 seasons but after that it was trash. I only made it halfway through season 4 until I couldn't watch anymore.

bluuuuga.png

#297 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:51 PM

GI Jeff was like the greatest thing ever!

Posted Image

#298 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,971 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

Really wish they had one more season to close it out properly.

Guess the asteroid hit greendale

cookie.png

#299 Baka

Baka

ばか

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:30 PM

I will remember this show fondly. I loved it for a good while one of the few comedies I could enjoy but the plot was not designed for a long series. It really was unimpressive of late so I don't mind it being cancelled so much. I shall enjoy the memories. 

Posted Image

#300 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,717 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

When they did an episode on the Ass Crack Bandit you just knew it was going to get canned. 

:bigblush:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.