The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Community!

GodzillaDeuce

Big bang theory is a good show, but for my money, community is the best 30 minutes on TV these days. Maybe 30 rock... I think that big bang theory has a much wider appeal, whereas community pleases a smaller, perhaps nerdier aucience. I hope there's room for both shows to continue.

Yesterdays episode was the first good one since the show came back. For the first time, I really enjoyed the episode. Good thing too, because if yesterdays had been like the previous episodes, I wouldn't be watching next week.

Yeah, the other episodes have been pretty painful and so random. This episode was fairly decent.

The Big Bang Theory is funnier than Community, AINEC. Sheldon Cooper is the behind Barney Stinson in the running for best character on TV.

I respectfully disagree on all points. Community is funnier than Big Bang Theory, AINEC. Big Bang Theory, as a show about smart people, isn't very smart. The jokes aren't very clever and there is no lasting appeal. super formulaic. Also the song is annoying lol. (Edit: I'm actually a fan of Big Bang Theory anyway, but basically it's nothing more than canned laughter next to Community)

I'm not even touching the Barney Stinson comment

The Big Bang Theory is funnier than Community, AINEC. Sheldon Cooper is the behind Barney Stinson in the running for best character on TV.

I watch both series fairly regularly and I couldn't disagree more on both counts. Like GD said, The Big Bang Theory is a completely formulaic sitcom, and in the end doesn't really offer anything other shows can't.

And Sheldon Cooper is nothing more than his giant quirk. That's all his character is defined by.

Did people actually enjoy all the episode preceding the one yesterday? It had been god awful. No laughs, too much focus on the damn sponsor. The best part of the show is Troy and Abed's friendship, but the show got away from that and gave us a stupid pillow fight over a Guinness world record for 2 episodes. Give me the guaranteed laughs of the Big Bang Theory over the hit and miss of Community. Sheldon is far more entertaining than anyone on Community, and this is coming from a guy who has seen every episode of Community multiple times.

Archived