182 replies to this topic

#31 Zippgunn

Zippgunn

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,095 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:55 PM

cause both those goalies today if they were starters could even take us to the playoffs?
Their is a reason gillis is not waiving or doing anything to luongo because come off season Gillis might still want a job with vancouver

He won't have one if Lou continues to suck and MG insists on playing him all the time.
Don't talk about it... Do it!!!

#32 BoKnowsHockey

BoKnowsHockey

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:55 PM

People don't complain when Luongo has a good game. People only complain when he is bad. And when he plays bad, he is no btter than any of those goalies. However when he plays good, he is better than all of those goalies
Posted Image
Credit to the sig goes to Kesler's Happy Dance

Hey all, to keep this thread from getting locked, I will attempt to be discreet with what I am asking so the younger posters who may stumble across this thread back out of it not sure what to think.

So I am going camping with my girlfriend and a couple friends in a few days. Now, I know my girlfriend will want to play on the playground quite a few times each day, and we are going for 3 days. However, we will be drinking liquor during these three days, and it might make it hard for myself to play on the playground. That's not the worry though, the worry is, how do I stay on the playground for a respectable amount of time? I've heard from some male friends that liquor makes it easier to stay on the playground longer, but getting to the playground may come sooner than expected. So what are some things I can do to make sure that be-fore playing and the actual playing on the playground doesn't end too soon?

#33 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:58 PM

hey luongo haters remember these guys
Dan Cloutier
Félix Potvin
Kevin Weekes
Sean Burke
Alex Auld
Bob Essensa
Johan Hedberg
Corey Hirsch
Arturs Irbe
Mika Noronen
Maxime Ouellet
Garth Snow
Kay Whitmore

bunch on ungrateful fans are dumping on luongo
hes is the elite goaltender that we were crying about for so many years
nonis made the biggest trade in canucks history
LUONGO IS A GOD ...... VANCOUVER went from a GOALIE GRAVE YARD to a GOALIE HEAVEN

and those fans at the game, only time they made any kind of noise at all was to hate on luuuu
HOW BOUT CHEERING DURING THE GAME WHEN UR DOWN AND GETTING BEHIND UR TEAM, instead of eating sushi in ur company seats

and to all the people saying trade luuuu .....ok fine lets say it happens
schnieder and lack combo means the canucks will still lack a cup at the end of the year

You know what I hate idiots that come on here and start talking about a graveyard for goalies..Its not a graveyard if you play like your paid too. Really who the heck are you Luongo is what he is and what he thinketh..

He just not playing with technique and he was the lousiest goalie out there. Really for a big man he should be able to stand there and stop everything look at Lundqvist he was standing all night...

what really makes me ungratefull is seeing you on here being ungrateful...idiots are born everyday and your no exception.

#34 naslund.is.king

naslund.is.king

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:00 PM

He won't have one if Lou continues to suck and MG insists on playing him all the time.

its 5 games in. We are not at the trade deadline.. they are obviously going to back up the team they believe in.

#35 Lemmy

Lemmy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:01 PM

kirk mclean was loved by canucks fan and always will be because he is not a head case like luongo.
Heres why we loved kirk:
kirk never gave up on the puck and let people just score 3 or 4 consecutive goals in a period.
kirk never asked for a salary contract that front loaded him with 10 million dollars per year (overpayment).
kirk never expected other goalies to "pump his tires".
kirk didn't have problems with breakaways.

Cory schneider is a lot like Kirk and will be even better in today's NHL.

I watched Kirk play in Vancouver for the whole of his career here. Other than the 94' Stanley Cup run I don't remember anything special about him.
With the exception of the highlighted part above, I would label the rest of those statements as false.

Let Luongo be! He will turn it around if the fans get the hell off his back! He has carried this team for enough games to be given some slack once in awhile.

#36 naslund.is.king

naslund.is.king

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:03 PM

You know what I hate idiots that come on here and start talking about a graveyard for goalies..Its not a graveyard if you play like your paid too. Really who the heck are you Luongo is what he is and what he thinketh..

He just not playing with technique and he was the lousiest goalie out there. Really for a big man he should be able to stand there and stop everything look at Lundqvist he was standing all night...

what really makes me ungratefull is seeing you on here being ungrateful...idiots are born everyday and your no exception.

.....who pissed in your cornflakes

#37 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:07 PM

You know I dont think anyone was complaining on here about Luongo. Fans at the game did because they saw 4 goals slip my Luongo like he was not even there and you know they paid alot of money to go to the game.

Defense or goalie fault it doesnt matter it seemed like he had no game so the fans reacted which they should it s their money plus it doesnt change anything for Luongo he still gets paid and for 12 years...but the fans lost thiers.

Most fans dont care if we lose as long as we are in every game...yes we would like to win every game we also know it is not possible.

#38 rampage

rampage

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:07 PM

The fanbase is getting ridiculous. The slow starts happen EVERY October and we do fine after. Luongo's going to do one of those 3 straight shutouts streaks in November and then everybodys going to be on his sack again only to demand a trade after 1 bad loss.
Its sad the fans did this same thing to Naslund. Naslund brought the Canucks out of the dark days and then when his career started to slow down the fans got on him because of his contract and now fans are doing it to Lu even tho Lu just had one of the best statistical years last year, got within 1 game of the cup. and he still gets treated worse than Dan Cloutier...cmon Vancouver

Edited by rampage, 19 October 2011 - 02:12 PM.

#39 Forsy

Forsy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:09 PM

I don't think Luongo is a terrible goalie, I just think he's playing terribly right now, and has a penchant for terriblly inconsistent play in the SC playoffs. If he does not shape up in the next 2-3 months, he needs to be replaced. This team is about accountability, and the ones who shows that they can perform will play and stay with the team - not whoever is considered to be the starter and has a large contract.

Meanwhile, fans really need to start being positive and helping out the team throughout the game. Like it or not, our support (or lack thereof) affects how well our team plays. You can see it with the teams we play against and their crowds. 7th man does exist, so are we ready to help push the canucks that extra game to win it all?

Edited by Forsy, 19 October 2011 - 02:10 PM.

#40 canuckfanzz

canuckfanzz

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:09 PM

ok for 1 luongo gets paid millions a year to win. he doesnt get paid to let in goals. his GAA SINCE THE FINALS IS 5GAA per game. he has givin up on av. after that 8 goal game remember pat roy for the habs that coach would not pull him then when he did he told the coach im done here.

#41 Yukon Canuck

Yukon Canuck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:16 PM

We're lucky to even have luongo.

And using the Cory Schnieder argument doesn't make sense because he hasn't had the pressure of being the #1 in Vancouver.
Nobody can claim he is the answer because he hasn't had that shot yet. Sure he plays great as a backup but we still need to see if he can handle the pressure of
being THE guy.

here's a idea: they're both awesome and we should be thankful to have them.

#42 shawn antoski

shawn antoski

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:23 PM

You know I dont think anyone was complaining on here about Luongo. Fans at the game did because they saw 4 goals slip my Luongo like he was not even there and you know they paid alot of money to go to the game.

Defense or goalie fault it doesnt matter it seemed like he had no game so the fans reacted which they should it s their money plus it doesnt change anything for Luongo he still gets paid and for 12 years...but the fans lost thiers.

Most fans dont care if we lose as long as we are in every game...yes we would like to win every game we also know it is not possible.

most fans dont pay for seats ..... 85% of roger's areana seating is corporate owned

#43 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • 6,144 posts

ok for 1 luongo gets paid millions a year to win. he doesnt get paid to let in goals. his GAA SINCE THE FINALS IS 5GAA per game. he has givin up on av. after that 8 goal game remember pat roy for the habs that coach would not pull him then when he did he told the coach im done here.

Now there's a bizarre argument.

After Roy said he was done, he was traded to another team. How many Stanley Cups have the Canadiens won since then? I'll give you a hint. It's not as many as Roy did.

Are you advocating that Luongo get traded elsewhere so that he can win a Cup there?
Posted Image

#44 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts

haha.. forgot about kay whitmore. what ever happened to him?

#45 joe-max

joe-max

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

Auld and Essensa weren't that bad...
Wo kaemen wir hin, wenn alle sagten, wo kaemen wir hin, und niemand ginge hin, um einmal zu schauen, wohin man kaeme, wenn man ginge.

#46 joecanada777

joecanada777

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:33 PM

Thanks for another Lou thread... No, your opinions def couldnt be expressed in any of the countless other threads...
Thank you for the list of subpar goalies WHO WE DIDNT PAY BIG MONEY TO. What worries me the most is how people are now comparing Lou to 3rd rate goalies.... Hes better than cloutier? Really? Are you sure? Whew, cuz for a second there I was worried....

QUOTE(queen_canuck_fan)
cuz when I saw you outside in the bushes, by length I would have guessed 11...

QUOTE(Whiskey7 @ Apr 19 2007, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is done in almost every sport, in every league, for a great player who has an "oooooo" sound in his name. I'm always a bit surprised when people don't pick up on it, and announcers on TV have to clarify for those at home.

#47 joecanada777

joecanada777

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:36 PM

The fanbase is getting ridiculous. The slow starts happen EVERY October and we do fine after. Luongo's going to do one of those 3 straight shutouts streaks in November and then everybodys going to be on his sack again only to demand a trade after 1 bad loss.
Its sad the fans did this same thing to Naslund. Naslund brought the Canucks out of the dark days and then when his career started to slow down the fans got on him because of his contract and now fans are doing it to Lu even tho Lu just had one of the best statistical years last year, got within 1 game of the cup. and he still gets treated worse than Dan Cloutier...cmon Vancouver

Naslund brought entertainment value .. Pro Sports are about winning his plus minus was terrible

QUOTE(queen_canuck_fan)

This is done in almost every sport, in every league, for a great player who has an "oooooo" sound in his name. I'm always a bit surprised when people don't pick up on it, and announcers on TV have to clarify for those at home.

#48 shawn antoski

shawn antoski

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:37 PM

Thanks for another Lou thread... No, your opinions def couldnt be expressed in any of the countless other threads...
Thank you for the list of subpar goalies WHO WE DIDNT PAY BIG MONEY TO. What worries me the most is how people are now comparing Lou to 3rd rate goalies.... Hes better than cloutier? Really? Are you sure? Whew, cuz for a second there I was worried....

my whole point is without luuu
what do we got schneider and lack
u want big money goalies like
miller thomas lundtwist well there not available

#49 canuckschick1234

canuckschick1234

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:41 PM

<br />At least Schneider and Lack are less likely to pull a choke job against Chicago, and Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Yeah because they wouldn't make it to the SCF.
2011-2012 LEAGUE STANDINGS - Last updated: March 19, 2:18 PM

Posted Image

#50 joecanada777

joecanada777

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:44 PM

So shouldnt we only compare Lou to miller , Thomas, lundquist then?

Based on last night then, boos seem pretty accurate dont they?

But hey I only care about playoffs so I wait...

QUOTE(queen_canuck_fan)

#51 JamesTW

JamesTW

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:45 PM

kirk mclean was loved by canucks fan and always will be because he is not a head case like luongo.
Heres why we loved kirk:
kirk never gave up on the puck and let people just score 3 or 4 consecutive goals in a period.
kirk never asked for a salary contract that front loaded him with 10 million dollars per year (overpayment).
kirk never expected other goalies to "pump his tires".
kirk didn't have problems with breakaways.

Cory schneider is a lot like Kirk and will be even better in today's NHL.

Kirk had a career save percentage of about 85 percent and a goals against average over 3, his team could score goals against anybody even in the playoffs, the 1994 Canucks were the highest scoring team and one of two teams to score over 300 goals that year and they were well over.
Luongo had no offensive support in the finals eight goals in seven games is simply pathetic. I don't care if it's Tim Thomas or Dominique Hasek in net there's no excuse for the highest scoring team in the league to not get at least 20 goals in a seven game series.
The reason Kirk never requested a front loaded contract was that there was no reason for things like that when there was no salary cap.

#52 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

Dan Cloutier
Félix Potvin
Kevin Weekes
Sean Burke
Alex Auld
Bob Essensa
Johan Hedberg
Corey Hirsch
Arturs Irbe
Mika Noronen
Maxime Ouellet
Garth Snow
Kay Whitmore

LUONGO IS A GOD ...... VANCOUVER went from a GOALIE GRAVE YARD to a GOALIE HEAVEN

and those fans at the game, only time they made any kind of noise at all was to hate on luuuu
HOW BOUT CHEERING DURING THE GAME WHEN UR DOWN AND GETTING BEHIND UR TEAM, instead of eating sushi in ur company seats

schnieder and lack combo means the canucks will still lack a cup at the end of the year

Ok genius, are you so sure that Schneider and Lack wouldn't be good enough to win the Cup? Last time I looked, Schneider is playing better than Luongo and has the stats to back it up.
By the way, Schneider is a better goalie than anyone on your list. It is a bit convenient that you left King Richard Brodeur and MacLean off your list.
Luongo is not an elite goalie....just a good goalie who has to earn the elite title by making the saves in order for the Canucks to win the Cup. It has absolutely nothing to do with how many goals the team scores because you don't lose until the puck goes in your net. The team didn't do a very good job last night of supporting their goalie but still Luongo has to make those key saves (like Lundquist did) or we lose.

#53 Busty Ruffles

Busty Ruffles

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:57 PM

As I was reading this I thought it was just a really poorly written poem. /confused

I have an alternate, zazzier ending:

My whole point is without Luuu
What do we got - Schneider and Lack.
You want big money goalies, foo'?
Just wait for Luongo to bounce right back!

::D

#54 shawn antoski

shawn antoski

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:59 PM

Ok genius, are you so sure that Schneider and Lack wouldn't be good enough to win the Cup? Last time I looked, Schneider is playing better than Luongo and has the stats to back it up.
By the way, Schneider is a better goalie than anyone on your list. It is a bit convenient that you left King Richard Brodeur and MacLean off your list.
Luongo is not an elite goalie....just a good goalie who has to earn the elite title by making the saves in order for the Canucks to win the Cup. It has absolutely nothing to do with how many goals the team scores because you don't lose until the puck goes in your net. The team didn't do a very good job last night of supporting their goalie but still Luongo has to make those key saves (like Lundquist did) or we lose.

lol GENIUS . all the goalies on my list played here after richard brodeur and kirk mclean

LAST TIME I CHECKED SCHEINDER HAS ONLY STARTED 32 NHL GAMES IN HIS WHOLE LIFE and his record is 19-10-3

LUONGO is an elite goaltender just like LUNDQUIST KIPPER MILLER THOMAS BRYZGOLOV FLEURY AND WARD

SCHNEIDER is still the same LEVEL as VARMALOV or RASK

#55 snolan

snolan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:11 PM

People supported Cloutier like this too.

CMON GUYS HAVE SOME FAITH! WE ARE GOING TO WIN. ANYONE CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT IF THEY WANT. YOULL SEE

-- 1st Period of Game 2 VS the Kings, 2012 Series

#56 Busty Ruffles

Busty Ruffles

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:13 PM

People supported Cloutier like this too.

Last time I looked they weren't the same person. GASP!

Don't paint all Canucks goalies with the Cloutier brush, son.

#57 Weber's Playoff Beard

Weber's Playoff Beard

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

People didn't hate Cloutier until he let in that beachball goal by Lidstrom

People liked Cloutier because he would wreck other goalies.

Now when I think about it.. Cloutier is probably tougher than anyone on our current roster with the exception of Ballard, Bieksa, and Kesler.

Edited by HeChats, 19 October 2011 - 03:27 PM.

#58 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

The reason vancouver is considered a goalie graveyard is because we get reasonably to immensly talented goalies, expect them to win the jennings, vezina, and stanley cup in the first 2 years they are here, and as soon as that doesnt happen, the fans/media belittle them and show absolutely no confidence therefore turning them into head cases and inevitably ruining their game. Luongo is not the cure to the goalie graveyard, but he will be the greatest goalie destroyed by fans that expect way too much. Since luongo has gotten here he has won the jennings, been nominated for the vezina twice, and been to the stanley cup finals, and yet he gets the most disrespect.

There is no one else to blame but the fans/media.

This.

All the douchebag fans who berate Luongo night in and night out, should ask themselves: "How many goalies in the league would you trade Luongo for straight up?"

I bet you can't name that many. You could maybe name a few. What does that mean? It means Luongo, despite his faults, is still in the upper echelon of goaltenders in this league. There are so many other teams who have much craptier goaltending, and yet this ???? fanbase just complains and complains.

It's pathetic. We should be happy we have a goaltending tandem as strong as we do.

RIP LB RR PD

#59 snolan

snolan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:24 PM

Last time I looked they weren't the same person. GASP!

Don't paint all Canucks goalies with the Cloutier brush, son.

That doesn't even make sense...

but whatever as you call people 'son' on the internet you are either 14 or mentally challenged, so you win. I am completely incorrect with my statement above. I also agree whole heartedly with your statement that Dan Cloutier is not multiple people.

CMON GUYS HAVE SOME FAITH! WE ARE GOING TO WIN. ANYONE CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT IF THEY WANT. YOULL SEE

-- 1st Period of Game 2 VS the Kings, 2012 Series

#60 WEwantCUP

WEwantCUP

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:26 PM

Dan Cloutier
Félix Potvin
Kevin Weekes
Sean Burke
Alex Auld
Bob Essensa
Johan Hedberg
Corey Hirsch
Arturs Irbe
Mika Noronen
Maxime Ouellet
Garth Snow
Kay Whitmore

and you missed a bunch: Alfie Michaud, Corey Schwab, Martin Brochu, Petr Skudra, Tyler Moss, Wade Flaherty, Rob McVicar, Brent Johnson, Dany Sabourin, Drew MacIntyre, Curtis Sanford, Jason LaBarbera, Andrew Raycroft

And Luongo got them 1 win away from the cup...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.