The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Phil "The Thrill" Kessel

Wesker

Guest The Brown Burrows

Hopefully he can keep up his play for the entire season.

*It'll make the Burke look good , even though he never got to draft Seguin and Hamilton.

Wouldn't it be neat to see if Kessel gets chosen before Ovie at the All Star Game this year and then have the tables turned, Kessel filming and laughing at Ovie laugh.gif

HA HA that would be a pretty sweet, but Ovie needs to start putting up some points if he even wants to make the ASG this year.

Kessel has had a great start to the season, I expect 35 goals and 70-75 points this year from the guy.

The Boston trade is still one sided though. Dougie Hamilton and Tyler Sequin will both be more valuable in their prime than Phil Kessel in his prime, so one of them might have been a fair deal. Both though... :picard:

I think that the laffs have greatly benefited from getting to start their season at home for 5 games straight against (what look like) non playoff teams. What gets me is that they (like most teams in the east) dont even leave their timezone for about the first 6 weeks. They also get the luxury of playing at home almost every saturday. Talk about a candy a$$ schedule.

I'd like to see Phil the Thrill go into Detroit, Philly, Washington and Pittsburgh before we make any judgement on him. A defenseless Montreal and an atrocious Senators team would be an easy punching bag for anyone during a home stand. I hope the this facade ends soon or else we wont hear the end of it from the likes of TSN and CBC...i can picture their head line stories every night "and tonight Phil Kessel had chicken and potatoes for dinner".....

"Thank you Kessel! Thank you Kessel! Thank you Kessel!"

Seguin is doing just fine as well, and he'll be the 1C in Boston soon enough. Before you know it, Seguin will be better, and you never know, it could be this year, Seguin is going to have a breakout year.

Archived