The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Phil "The Thrill" Kessel

Wesker

Great start but in all fairness he did the same thing last year (though not as many points) and then matched it by having horrible scoreless droughts throughout the remainder of the season. He kind of reminds me of Joffrey Lupul who would have stretches were he would look like the next big talent in hockey but could never keep it going without vanishing for weeks at a time.

Maybe this is his year but he probably follows this routine again.

<br />Sure sign of the end of the world in 2012.<br /><br />The Leafs near the top of the Conference, and Kessel at the top of the scoring race.....<br />
<br /><br /><br />

...but hell hasn't frozen over yet, though! This is weird looking at those two lines in the NHL summaries, isn't it? By Christmas the Leafs and Oilers will fall back to the pack.

• 3 weeks later...

Phil Kessel is a very good hockey player. But he got traded for way too much. And there's no way in hell he or anyone could live up to what he got traded for.

That being said, I think he's only one of 6 NHLers, or something like that, who have scored 30+ goals in the last 3 seasons. And he's well on pace of doing that again. Maybe even 40+ this year.

Yes he is soft. But I'd still love him on my team.

• 1 year later...

Archived