The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Why would Anyone Want to play for Vancouver?**

carlweezer

I don't post here very often but I felt like I should for this one.

I agree with the op on all points.

Any way we shake it Loungo is still one the top five goalies

In the NHL. I have been a hockey fan not as long as some but still 30 years is a long time. I have seen many goalkeepers go through the mental growing pains to all of the sudden have that break through year.

The whole NHL us going through changes that the players have never had to adapt to before. The rule changes and such seem to change with the hour now.

I admit I am at times in front of my wife am not a Loungo fan but being rewarded to the summer of hockey we just had makes being a fan all worth it.

I still do believe in our goalie no matter what.

You guys do realize that if you keep Boo'ing Luongo, and he demands for a trade, Schendier will probably want the same fate?

You guys do understand that when you boo Luongo, Schneider can hear it all too right? What kind of goaltender would want to play with us if we boo them when they're on a cold streak.

Our fan base is a joke.

Thats exactly my point. You have been speaking as if you have some idea why these players would not play here, when in fact they are all different, so in reality you have no idea why they would not play here. There are a million factors, and most of them have nothing to do with fan scrutiny. If it was than all of the leagues biggest markets would have the most trouble getting the leagues best players, which is obviously not the case.

How come Montreal booed their goalie, IN THE PRESEASON, did not get national attention and their fans didn't get label as the worst, while us fans in Vancouver booing the underperformed goalie IN THE REGULAR SEASON and all of a sudden we are the worst? Come on people, booing is part of professional sports, don't make a big deal out of it!

How come Montreal booed their goalie, IN THE PRESEASON, did not get national attention and their fans didn't get label as the worst, while us fans in Vancouver booing the underperformed goalie IN THE REGULAR SEASON and all of a sudden we are the worst? Come on people, booing is part of professional sports, don't make a big deal out of it!

Im not sure why you are not getting this. You posted YOUR opinions as if they were that of what a player would use as reason not to play here, when in reality they were just your reasons. You are of course allowed to have your own opinions and express them as such, but when you start pushing your opinions as gospel, people get defensive.

You insinuated on numerous levels to actually know why star UFA's would not sign here. The fact is you have no idea that they wouldnt. You also followed that with have a preconceived notion of how 'the rest of the league perceives the Canucks'. From a fan standpoint yes, perhaps you do. Are you really so naive to think that other organizations and players think like the fans do? I will tell you that all of this media hype that lead to the Canucks being the most hated team in the league is just that, media hype, and goes no further than the fans and the attention getting media scrubs trying to make a story. The Canucks organization is looked at as one the best run in the league (see executive of the year). Players across the league would love a shot to play for Vancouver.

Canada's CBC and the NHL Players Association released a poll in which 318 NHL players took part and which showed the Tampa Bay Lightning the fifth most-popular choice as to which organization players want to play for. The top choices were the Red Wings, Canucks, Blackhawks and Rangers.

Check it out for yourself

So, wrong.

The fans here are passionate and it's best to be made a fuss about than not at all? As well, the organization has things right and the players in the league know that. I think you've missed the mark here. Completely.

(And Sundin signed here, doesn't he count?)

Here's the entire poll...kind of interesting.

Archived