The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Why would Anyone Want to play for Vancouver?**

carlweezer

Why is it necessary to type so much???

Anyway I didn't read everything

Can't blame the fans frustration tho...Canucks sell prob the most expensive tickets in all sport

I feel bad for those who paid to watch game 7 last year

But honestly we need a speedy power forward

Please point out where I say it is just your perception concerning Canuck fans treating players like crap? You really are just trolling aren't you?

And like I said concerning other Canadian teams, this isn't the first razzing of a player in the history of the game, and it won't be the last. If you experienced hockey in other Canadian cities, you would realize this isn't the end of the world. Do I condone the jeering? Of course not, but I also don't go over the deep end saying our organization is ruined because a select few people used poor judgement.

how's it just MY perception that Canuck fans treat their own players like crap?? did you sleep through the years when the Sedins were called the Sedin sisters...how about last year when the whole fanbase wanted Bieksa traded before the season even started...or how about when Naslund was too quiet and not enough of a hard nosed Canadian to be captain...countless Mason Raymond must go or Sturm sucks thread.....how is it just perception that we treat our players poorly.

how's it just MY perception that Canuck fans treat their own players like crap?? did you sleep through the years when the Sedins were called the Sedin sisters...how about last year when the whole fanbase wanted Bieksa traded before the season even started...or how about when Naslund was too quiet and not enough of a hard nosed Canadian to be captain...countless Mason Raymond must go or Sturm sucks thread.....how is it just perception that we treat our players poorly.

There are a lot of variable involved with a player 'choosing' a new team to play... but, I do agree that all this criticism does nothing for our players or the team in general.

After last season, the consensus seems to be that we are the most hated team with the worst fans.... I don't agree with this, but it is what it is. All we do is feed the trolls and prove the general thinking correct, that we are one of the worst fans in the league, we just came back from a great run to the SCF and right away, we start jeering the players that took us there. It's embarrassing...

The loss in the SCF literally broke my heart... but the 'ride' there was definitely one of the biggest highlights I've had in years. It wouldn't be too much to show some gratitude and give a little leeway since the Canucks haven't had the normal amount of time to regroup and heal before the next season.

So since Messier we have never needed a big name player a game breaker to sign in Vancouver because we were winning sooo many cups without them???

IF a team that had Crosby-Malkin-Staal needed a guy like Hossa then we are in no position to say we dont need any big time free agent signings.

you should have read more because this has nothing to do with current Canuck needs or ticket pricing...

just a simple ask yourself why a UFA woulda want to sign in Vancouver question. and I'm sorry but we have a good team arguement isnt good enough because there are plenty of good stanley cup contending teams out there without the fan disrespect.

Canada equals cupless since 93 ... correlation?

3 years of letdown from Luongo??? lol the guy won the Jennings trophy last year..had a Career year.. got 2 shutouts in the Finals...yet its HIM who let us down..not the team...its ALL Luongo's fault! Powerplay shat the bed in the Finals lets blame Luongo for that too!! we scored 8 goals in 7 games lets bla,e Luongo for that too!! We lost Hamhuis Raymond and Rome lets blame Luongo for that too...

Vancouver is all about what have you done for me lately.......

Most wins in a season – 47 in 2006–07 (surpassed Kirk McLean, 38 in 1991–92)[64]

Most games played in a season – 75 in 2006–07 (surpassed Gary Smith, 72 in 1974–75)[176]

Most saves in a single game – 72 on April 11, 2007[69]

Longest shutout streak – 242:36 minutes (2008–09) (surpassed himself, 184:20 minutes in 2007–08)[72][79]

Most shutouts in a season – 9 in 2008–09 (surpassed Dan Cloutier – 7 in 2001–02)[86]

Lowest GAA in a season - 2.11 in 2010–11 (surpassed Dan Cloutier – 2.27 in 2003–04)[115]

Most shutouts all-time – 28 (surpassed Kirk McLean, 20)[99]

I guess this isnt lately enough

Have u not heard the Boo birds in MSG or in Montreal?

There is more passion & desperation to win. Players can embrace it or not...

Fans also cheer for guys like Hansen, Rypien or Burrows; who clearly give their all, beyond their talent and apparent physical skills.

And they can also smell a fraud, a player who doesn't put it all on the table or can't catch up to his skills. And fans live through their team, wishing they had the skills of a Loungo. They feel ripped off.

Listen to guys in Toronto who are never happy with their players; but they still project their team will get to the playoff's. tongue.gif (and think they can trade their bums for Weber...)

Human Nature exists in all markets!

Hardcore Canuck fan here to ask some questions, ..please dont troll I would like to have an honest conversation. Can you please answer me this question, why would any High Valued Free Agent, possibly the missing piece to our Stanley Cup puzzle, ever want to sign/waive NTC to play for the Canucks.

The "fans" treat the team like crap, there is always a scapregoat! ALWAYS!, last year it was Bieksa this year its Luongo. We jeer the guy who took us to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, a guy who won the Jennings Award last year and had a CAREER YEAR? a guys who got 2 SHUTOUTS in the Finals. Exhausted from the Months of playoff battle wearing the Canuck uniform proudly only to have a short summer, 2 pre season games and now we crucify him for not playing up to our standards. Is he playing like crap, yep, does he deserve this disrespect? hell no.

Back to the point tho, Who was the last big big free agent player the Canucks grabbed, and im talking about non previous Canuck players so the Sedins, Bieksa etc dont count. Highly Ranked UFA's...hmmm Hamhuis? Samuelsson? Malhotra?...Messier??? No superstar will ever sign here, why should they???

Do you not think that the whole league doesn't see how Vancouver fans treat the team like garbage? and put them in such scrutiny and judgement. They're "professionals" you say, well I say they are humans...NOBODY wants to play in this environment, its an environement where players are set up to fail instead of succeed. Vancouver has been filled with nothing but negativity.

Let's say we make everyones wish come true and we trade Luongo! GREAT! its Schneider Time! Cory Scneider has 1 year left of RFA status then he can choose not to re-sign a contract and walk away from the Canucks!! Do you really think Schneider will want to sign here after seeing what just happened to Luongo??

Shea Webber to Vancouver next year!!??? why? so he can be humiliated in front of his family and friends day in and day out if he so happens to hit a rut like most players do? And if you think this is a Luongo thing its not, like I said we treat our stars like garbage, Bieksa last year, Sedins in previous years, Naslund in his twilight years, even the great Captain Kirk Maclean in the mid 90's was treated like crap. Even Bure asked for a trade (management issues supposodely)...

So back to the question, why would any player want to sign/waive NTC to come to Vancouver?? to win a cup?? theres 8 other teams they can do that for and not have to go thru this.

If you're a pending Unrestricted Free Agent lets say the likes of; Doan, Semin, Webber, Parise etc etc...what do you see? A fan base known for rioting, a fanbase that constantly treat their own players like crap and puts an immense amount of pressure, a building soooo quiet, a travel schedule incomparable to any and a scrutiny from fanbase and media that can abolish a career.

So people can talk all they want about nice dressing rooms and sleep doctors and a province full of "fans" but that is not how the rest of league perceives the Canucks.

So keep going Vancouver fans, the jeering and the negativity will surely end our 40+ years of misery!

Check Sundin? How about Hamhuis!

As much as you say, dont talk Sedin's or Bieksa; why not?

Here's the opposite view. Name the last time a GM signed an unrestricted free agent who became league MVP the next year? How about back to back scoring champs...

tongue.gif

My evidence is we havent signed a high ranked game breaking UFA in almost a decade. Im not sure what other evidence you want unless you are suggesting we never pursued game changing free agents because we dont need them.

Canada equals cupless since 93 ... correlation?

3 years of letdown from Luongo??? lol the guy won the Jennings trophy last year..had a Career year.. got 2 shutouts in the Finals...yet its HIM who let us down..not the team...its ALL Luongo's fault! Powerplay shat the bed in the Finals lets blame Luongo for that too!! we scored 8 goals in 7 games lets bla,e Luongo for that too!! We lost Hamhuis Raymond and Rome lets blame Luongo for that too...

Vancouver is all about what have you done for me lately.......

Most wins in a season – 47 in 2006–07 (surpassed Kirk McLean, 38 in 1991–92)[64]

Most games played in a season – 75 in 2006–07 (surpassed Gary Smith, 72 in 1974–75)[176]

Most saves in a single game – 72 on April 11, 2007[69]

Longest shutout streak – 242:36 minutes (2008–09) (surpassed himself, 184:20 minutes in 2007–08)[72][79]

Most shutouts in a season – 9 in 2008–09 (surpassed Dan Cloutier – 7 in 2001–02)[86]

Lowest GAA in a season - 2.11 in 2010–11 (surpassed Dan Cloutier – 2.27 in 2003–04)[115]

Most shutouts all-time – 28 (surpassed Kirk McLean, 20)[99]

I guess this isnt lately enough

Please point out where I say it is just your perception concerning Canuck fans treating players like crap? You really are just trolling aren't you?

And like I said concerning other Canadian teams, this isn't the first razzing of a player in the history of the game, and it won't be the last. If you experienced hockey in other Canadian cities, you would realize this isn't the end of the world. Do I condone the jeering? Of course not, but I also don't go over the deep end saying our organization is ruined because a select few people used poor judgement.

Archived