DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:52 AM

Im talking about why I dont want to play for vancouver

How is it bias? how is it not logic?

This thread is about the canucks, not the other teams that you mentioned. Why do you bring them up?

Unless you're a star NHL player posting here, your opinion of what it's like playing in Vancouver really doesn't matter and is only your opinion. It has no bearing on who would or would not sign here or what the star players think/feel about Vancouver.

If you are saying top players don't want to play here because of the Vancouver fan treatment, it is totally relevant to point out that numerous other hockey markets have fans that behave the same.

#122 17-Devils-30

17-Devils-30

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:52 AM

Well I pretty much don't follow direction from 12 year olds on the net but just for you I'll respond in good faith to your original yipping:

If you are only interested in being glorified in sports and playing for thousands of people cheering you on you have no business being on the playing surface. Period.

Also, I'm not negotiating Parise's new contract in Van next year so I'm pretty sure my comments here will have no effect on negotiations.

Oh no, a nobody on the internet called me a 12 year old, what do I do mommy?
I said I get off on the crowd chearing for me

Ultimatly I play to win, and play to have fun, but why do it in a hostile atmosphere?

#123 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,347 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:53 AM

This thread is about the canucks, not the other teams that you mentioned. Why do you bring them up?

Your reason for not wanting to play in vancouver is something that happens to alot of other teams so if thats the entire basis of your position then you might as well cross of bunch of other teams of the list as well. You didn't mention anything specific regarding team structure or coaching or strategy. You specifically said booing, which if you look around happens everywhere
I cant believe i have to spell it out for you.

Come to think of it why are you even here, I've never see a post from you in support of the canucks.
Maybe you should hit up Calgary Puck. You'd fit in better there.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#124 Guest_The Brown Burrows_*

Guest_The Brown Burrows_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:54 AM

If I were a player I really couldn't give a crap about the fans. I would care about playing the game and getting my paycheck. Fans are secondarys, they are good to get you going, etc. but at the end of the day , who cares? It's all about the stats and the money.

#125 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,347 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

If I were a player I really couldn't give a crap about the fans. I would care about playing the game and getting my paycheck. Fans are secondarys, they are good to get you going, etc. but at the end of the day , who cares? It's all about the stats and the money.

no fans in the stadium= no money to pay you.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#126 17-Devils-30

17-Devils-30

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

Unless you're a star NHL player posting here, your opinion of what it's like playing in Vancouver really doesn't matter and is only your opinion. It has no bearing on who would or would not sign here or what the star players think/feel about Vancouver.

If you are saying top players don't want to play here because of the Vancouver fan treatment, it is totally relevant to point out that numerous other hockey markets have fans that behave the same.

Then those markets have the same problem as vancouver, dont they?
Thats like a murderer saying "That guy murdered people to, it must be ok"

"Why does no one want to play in VANCOUVER"

"VANCOUVER sucks"

"But other CITIES suck too"

see what I mean?

Just cause other cities suck, doesnt change my reasonings for playing in vancouver

If you want to get into why I dont want to play in LA, Boston, Montreal, Tronto, New York, alright, they have the same problems as vancouver, the same reasons I dont want to play in VANCOUVER

#127 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,347 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:58 AM

Then those markets have the same problem as vancouver, dont they?
Thats like a murderer saying "That guy murdered people to, it must be ok"

"Why does no one want to play in VANCOUVER"

"VANCOUVER sucks"

"But other CITIES suck too"

see what I mean?

Just cause other cities suck, doesnt change my reasonings for playing in vancouver

If you want to get into why I dont want to play in LA, Boston, Montreal, Tronto, New York, alright, they have the same problems as vancouver, the same reasons I dont want to play in VANCOUVER

maybe its because they actually have good attendance. I mean no pressure if there's no one there right?

Remind me again how devils attendance is doing.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#128 Virt 'n Kass

Virt 'n Kass

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:01 PM

Wow. You really don't get it, do you? OK, let me spell it out:

Your argument was that you wouldn't want to play in Vancouver because the fans boo our players occasionally. pinecone replyed saying other teams do the same thing. As in, your argument about the Canucks also applies to other teams' fanbases, so it isn't a good argument against the Canucks. Because OTHER TEAMS DO THE SAME THING. INCLUDING YOUR DEVILS. Get it?

For comparsson, imagine I said I didn't like ice cream store A solely because they don't serve vanilla, but I like store B. Store B doesn't serve vanilla either, but I like their chocolate. Does it make sense that I don't like store A? No, because the only reason I don't like store A also applies to store B.

Get it?

#129 17-Devils-30

17-Devils-30

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:02 PM

Your reason for not wanting to play in vancouver is something that happens to alot of other teams so if thats the entire basis of your position then you might as well cross of bunch of other teams of the list as well. You didn't mention anything specific regarding team structure or coaching or strategy. You specifically said booing, which if you look around happens everywhere
I cant believe i have to spell it out for you.

Come to think of it why are you even here, I've never see a post from you in support of the canucks.
Maybe you should hit up Calgary Puck. You'd fit in better there.

I cant belive I have to spell it out for you

*reasons why i dont want to play in vancouver*

"Other teams have the same things"
I dont want to play for vancouver.

I also dont want to play for toronto, and I would dislike playing in LA, SJ, Montreal, New York, Boston, Calrgary, and Atlanta[old, I know, but hey, relevent, according to you"

Same reasons, but IM TALKING ABOUT VANCOUVER. Not them. Why cant you realize that?

If I had said "I dont want to play for Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, etc" and listed the same reasons, we wouldnt be talking about this right now. Hell, I cant even belive I have to post this

#130 carlweezer

carlweezer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:03 PM

Vancouver is an intense hockey market, the players understand that, and so do the fans and management. Some players thrive off it, some don't. If you look at the interviews after the Rangers game, Bieksa & Luongo acknowledged that its all part of the business of pro sports that there will be blame after a loss. I think a lot of fans on CDC are wayyyyyy to sensitive when their favorite players get booed.

Luongo is not my favorite player....

Luongo- " it doesnt bother me anymore"....clearly the fan treatment affected him in pervious years he has been here. Pro players always put up a front, but they are humans.

Edited by carlweezer, 20 October 2011 - 12:03 PM.

#131 17-Devils-30

17-Devils-30

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:05 PM

Wow. You really don't get it, do you? OK, let me spell it out:

Your argument was that you wouldn't want to play in Vancouver because the fans boo our players occasionally. pinecone replyed saying other teams do the same thing. As in, your argument about the Canucks also applies to other teams' fanbases, so it isn't a good argument against the Canucks. Because OTHER TEAMS DO THE SAME THING. INCLUDING YOUR DEVILS. Get it?

For comparsson, imagine I said I didn't like ice cream store A solely because they don't serve vanilla, but I like store B. Store B doesn't serve vanilla either, but I like their chocolate. Does it make sense that I don't like store A? No, because the only reason I don't like store A also applies to store B.

Get it?

You dont like Ice Cream store A

I ask why

You say they dont serve vanilla

Where does Store B come into play? I didnt ask about them, I dont care if you dont like them. I wanted to know why you didnt like Store A, you shouldnt have to explain why you dont like Store B to justify not liking store B

Wether or not I dont want to play for New Jersey is irrelivent to why I dont want to play for vancouver

#132 17-Devils-30

17-Devils-30

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:07 PM

maybe its because they actually have good attendance. I mean no pressure if there's no one there right?

Remind me again how devils attendance is doing.

You're either a troll, or an idiot

Im going with both

I never brought up the devils

Why dont you go make a thread asking for reasons why you wouldnt play for all 30 teams, then ill expand

But we are talking about Vancouver, and Vancouver only. You want to talk about New Jersey, go make a thread, or PM me

#133 carlweezer

carlweezer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Call the waaaaamublance.

You don't think he'd get ripped in Chicago or Philly or Hockey Town USA?! That's asinine.

If someone can't handle the scrutiny I don't want him here anyway. That would mean he's a mental midget who can't handle difficult and adverse circumstances. I'd want no part of anyone who's like that.

lol we dont need Ovechkin? riiight.. heres that arrogance I speak of when fans say we havent signed a big ufa in the last decade because "we dont need them"

Sundin played half the year for 10 million dollars, Hamhuis has ties in Vancouver nor do I consider him a big UFA game changer.

#134 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,347 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:19 PM

In order to support an argument you have supporting facts.

You state you dont want to play for vancouver because the fans boo.
I said it happens in alot of other places.

You say it doesn't matter im talking about vancouver only.

Im saying how can you base your entire position on that when its common with alot of other teams?

If you said something like Vancouver doesn't commit to free agents long term or the coaching staff plays favorites I'd be more inclined to believe your opinion holds some weight.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#135 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,347 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:22 PM

You're either a troll, or an idiot

Im going with both

I never brought up the devils

Why dont you go make a thread asking for reasons why you wouldnt play for all 30 teams, then ill expand

But we are talking about Vancouver, and Vancouver only. You want to talk about New Jersey, go make a thread, or PM me

Wow. getting called a troll by someone with 296 posts thats rich.

And if you've never come across someone comparing and contrasting your opinion with other examples then maybe im not the idiot.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#136 Bigturk8

Bigturk8

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:23 PM

You dont like Ice Cream store A

I ask why

You say they dont serve vanilla

Where does Store B come into play? I didnt ask about them, I dont care if you dont like them. I wanted to know why you didnt like Store A, you shouldnt have to explain why you dont like Store B to justify not liking store B

Wether or not I dont want to play for New Jersey is irrelivent to why I dont want to play for vancouver

If you say rule out something for a specific reason, ie: The Canucks because their fans boo them, but you do not rule out others despite the fact that the same reason applies to them (You only said there were 2 teams that you would not want to play for) Then your argument is invalid at the very core. I don't care if you want to play for us, but the reasoning you have presented is not sound.

This is why store b would be relevent and this is why other franchises are relevent in this discussion. If you can present other reasoning that applies only to the teams that you mentionned, then you have an argument.
Posted Image

#16 is skeptical about the validity of your post...

#137 bleednucksblue

bleednucksblue

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:31 PM

lol we dont need Ovechkin? riiight.. heres that arrogance I speak of when fans say we havent signed a big ufa in the last decade because "we dont need them"

Sundin played half the year for 10 million dollars, Hamhuis has ties in Vancouver nor do I consider him a big UFA game changer.

Where in my post did I ever say we don't need Ovie? What I did say is that I wouldn't want a player on this team, Ovie or anyone else, that can't mentally handle the hockey madness of Vancouver. That tells me all I need to know about the mental makeup of that player and I'd want no part of it.

I understand that they were payed very well, maybe overpaid, but I respect guys like Cammalleri and Gionta who go to that crazy market in Montreal and actually embrace it. It tells me they have the ability to block things out and just go play and that they want that pressure.

Those are mentally the types of players I want the Canucks to get.

Can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
You will always be on our mind and in our heart. RIP Luc!

John Garrett after a brutal pass by Olli Jokinen:

"Jokinen makes a pass 8 feet behind anybody, to no-one. That's Calgary's first line, unfortunately for them."

#138 carlweezer

carlweezer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:33 PM

Im saying how can you base your entire position on that when its common with alot of other teams?

If you said something like Vancouver doesn't commit to free agents long term or the coaching staff plays favorites I'd be more inclined to believe your opinion holds some weight.

Im not saying If Im a UFA I dont want to play in Vancouver because the fans booo....

Im SAYING....If I'm a UFA I dont want to play for Vancouver because

1. Travel Schedule
2. Fan/Media scrutiny and ridiculous pressure from a city who has never won the cup
3. Fan/Media treatment on star players eg: Sedin Sisters, trade Bieksa, Hodgson is a bust, Trade Luongo etc.
4. One of the most quietest buildings in Hockey

So those are my points, the booing the other night was embarrassing and even more it was on National Television. Players see this and players talk. Theres a reason why Vancouver is one of the most hated teams in the league according to a vote by players.

#139 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,454 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:34 PM

No matter what job a person does, they will always be under scrutiny from others and they will always have to prove themselves as being worthy of whatever position they have.

The only difference between hockey players and us regular folks is that hockey players get paid a helluva lot better than we do. They live lives of luxury, do what they love, and the organization protects them to the best of their ability. If a bit of public scrutiny is the price they have to pay for having a dream job I say deal with it. A lot of people would give everything to be where Luongo and Co. are right now
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#140 carlweezer

carlweezer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

Where in my post did I ever say we don't need Ovie? What I did say is that I wouldn't want a player on this team, Ovie or anyone else, that can't mentally handle the hockey madness of Vancouver. That tells me all I need to know about the mental makeup of that player and I'd want no part of it.

I understand that they were payed very well, maybe overpaid, but I respect guys like Cammalleri and Gionta who go to that crazy market in Montreal and actually embrace it. It tells me they have the ability to block things out and just go play and that they want that pressure.

Those are mentally the types of players I want the Canucks to get.

Can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

So pretty much what you're saying is the "heat" is the pressure and expectations and judgement that fans and media put on players and the "kitchen" are big markets like Canadian cities.

like I said earlier, Canada hasnt won the cup since 94`. Maybe its time to turn down the heat in the kitchen just a tad bit.....or maybe we keep booing them and criticizing them instead.

#141 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,347 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

Im not saying If Im a UFA I dont want to play in Vancouver because the fans booo....

Im SAYING....If I'm a UFA I dont want to play for Vancouver because

1. Travel Schedule
2. Fan/Media scrutiny and ridiculous pressure from a city who has never won the cup
3. Fan/Media treatment on star players eg: Sedin Sisters, trade Bieksa, Hodgson is a bust, Trade Luongo etc.
4. One of the most quietest buildings in Hockey

So those are my points, the booing the other night was embarrassing and even more it was on National Television. Players see this and players talk. Theres a reason why Vancouver is one of the most hated teams in the league according to a vote by players.

1- Ill give you for sure because thats proven
4-Its definitely not like that if you go to the game.And its been stated several times before that CBC turns the audio noise level down.

3 and 4 are true but no different than Toronto and Montreal and is more of a byproduct of a City that cares immensely about the team
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#142 carlweezer

carlweezer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:38 PM

Bob Mackenzie on Team 1040-

"Vancouver fans are becoming a lynch mob mentality..when it comes to Luongo....I saw the same thing happen to Patrice Brisbois and Patrik Roy in Montreal and Larry Murphy in Toronto"

#143 carlweezer

carlweezer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:40 PM

1- Ill give you for sure because thats proven
4-Its definitely not like that if you go to the game.And its been stated several times before that CBC turns the audio noise level down.

3 and 4 are true but no different than Toronto and Montreal and is more of a byproduct of a City that cares immensely about the team

you know im a season ticket holder right? this is my 4th year....so as much as you want to hide behind the "CBC turns down the volume" theory Id like to kill that and tell you right now that Rogers Arena is one of the most quitest buildings in Hockey. This is a known fact not a speculation nor a personal opinion.

Crickets in Rogers arena.

#144 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,347 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:44 PM

you know im a season ticket holder right? this is my 4th year....so as much as you want to hide behind the "CBC turns down the volume" theory Id like to kill that and tell you right now that Rogers Arena is one of the most quitest buildings in Hockey. This is a known fact not a speculation nor a personal opinion.

Crickets in Rogers arena.

Ive been to more than my fair share of games too. Ive seen the canucks play on the road in anaheim and edmonton as well and I really didn't disern that much of a difference. But if you think that makes a dramatic difference in the players performance than perhaps it does.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#145 17-Devils-30

17-Devils-30

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:50 PM

I dont want to play for vancouver because the fans are harsh, because I dont like the fans, and the travel would be a bitch
I dont want to play for Toronto because the fans are harsh, and Toronto is a horrible city

I dont want to play for montreal because the fans are harsh. But I am willing to play for them because Montreal has huge history and fan base outside of montreal

I dont want to play for New York because I hate the rangers, but I might be willing to because the rangers are an origional 6 team, but I hate the rangers

I dont want to play for Boston because the fans are ficle, but Origional 6 with history,and a recent stanley cup winner

I dont want to play for Calgary because of the fans, but they have an excellent Rivarly with Vancouver and Edmonton, 2 teams I dont like

I dont want to play for New Jersey because the fans are idiots, but they are my favourite team, so id be willing to play for them, no matter what, and little fan base means no pressure if I do suck

I dont want to play for LA, because I would much rather play for Anaheim, but LA is a really nice place, I have alot of friends down there

Now that this is a general thread for every team, why dont we discuss why players dont want to play for LA, NJ, Calgary, Boston, New York, Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver

But this is a thread about vancouver

#146 unbridled_id

unbridled_id

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:53 PM

Passionate fan base, beautiful city, and the only major sports team in town... Oh.. nice jersey too.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“Lady Nancy Astor: Winston, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea.
Churchill: Nancy, if I were your husband, I'd drink it.”

#147 17-Devils-30

17-Devils-30

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:54 PM

If you say rule out something for a specific reason, ie: The Canucks because their fans boo them, but you do not rule out others despite the fact that the same reason applies to them (You only said there were 2 teams that you would not want to play for) Then your argument is invalid at the very core. I don't care if you want to play for us, but the reasoning you have presented is not sound.

This is why store b would be relevent and this is why other franchises are relevent in this discussion. If you can present other reasoning that applies only to the teams that you mentionned, then you have an argument.

I didnt say I didnt want to go to Store A, but I would like to go to Store B
I said I dont want to go to Store A for not having vanilla
if Store B doesnt have vanilla, then maybe I dont want to go to Store B either

But my origional argument was "I dont like Store A, they dont have vanilla"

But maybe I would be willing to overlook the fact that Store B doesnt have vanilla because Store B offers somthing that Store A doesnt, but I shouldnt have to state "I like Store B because they Have X" when my argument is "I dont like Store A because they dont have vanilla"

It is purley because I dont want to go to Store A, here's why

#148 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:55 PM

OP, well said. There are so many garbage fans in this city its unbelievable. There are always people talking trash about the team, BOTH good times and bad. :blink: We are really blessed to have a bunch of guys that really liked each other, and that's why they stay.

Edited by CHIPS, 20 October 2011 - 12:58 PM.

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

#149 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,347 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:55 PM

I dont want to play for vancouver because the fans are harsh, because I dont like the fans, and the travel would be a bitch
I dont want to play for Toronto because the fans are harsh, and Toronto is a horrible city

I dont want to play for montreal because the fans are harsh. But I am willing to play for them because Montreal has huge history and fan base outside of montreal

I dont want to play for New York because I hate the rangers, but I might be willing to because the rangers are an origional 6 team, but I hate the rangers

I dont want to play for Boston because the fans are ficle, but Origional 6 with history,and a recent stanley cup winner

I dont want to play for Calgary because of the fans, but they have an excellent Rivarly with Vancouver and Edmonton, 2 teams I dont like

I dont want to play for New Jersey because the fans are idiots, but they are my favourite team, so id be willing to play for them, no matter what, and little fan base means no pressure if I do suck

I dont want to play for LA, because I would much rather play for Anaheim, but LA is a really nice place, I have alot of friends down there

Now that this is a general thread for every team, why dont we discuss why players dont want to play for LA, NJ, Calgary, Boston, New York, Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver

But this is a thread about vancouver

Posted Image

At least you mentioned that travel.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#150 17-Devils-30

17-Devils-30

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:57 PM

Wow. getting called a troll by someone with 296 posts thats rich.

And if you've never come across someone comparing and contrasting your opinion with other examples then maybe im not the idiot.

"I hate hitler, he killed alot of people"
"So did Stalin, why dont you hate him?"

"I didnt say anything about Stalin, I said I hate hitler"

Just because Stalin and Hitler killed alot of people doesnt mean I have to say I hate Stalin when i'm talking about hitler. Might as well talk about Hitler, Stalin, Car Crashes, and Peanuts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.