The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Why would Anyone Want to play for Vancouver?**

carlweezer

Im not saying If Im a UFA I dont want to play in Vancouver because the fans booo....

Im SAYING....If I'm a UFA I dont want to play for Vancouver because

1. Travel Schedule

2. Fan/Media scrutiny and ridiculous pressure from a city who has never won the cup

3. Fan/Media treatment on star players eg: Sedin Sisters, trade Bieksa, Hodgson is a bust, Trade Luongo etc.

4. One of the most quietest buildings in Hockey

So those are my points, the booing the other night was embarrassing and even more it was on National Television. Players see this and players talk. Theres a reason why Vancouver is one of the most hated teams in the league according to a vote by players.

1- Ill give you for sure because thats proven

4-Its definitely not like that if you go to the game.And its been stated several times before that CBC turns the audio noise level down.

3 and 4 are true but no different than Toronto and Montreal and is more of a byproduct of a City that cares immensely about the team

you know im a season ticket holder right? this is my 4th year....so as much as you want to hide behind the "CBC turns down the volume" theory Id like to kill that and tell you right now that Rogers Arena is one of the most quitest buildings in Hockey. This is a known fact not a speculation nor a personal opinion.

Crickets in Rogers arena.

In order to support an argument you have supporting facts.

You state you dont want to play for vancouver because the fans boo.

I said it happens in alot of other places.

You say it doesn't matter im talking about vancouver only.

Im saying how can you base your entire position on that when its common with alot of other teams?

If you said something like Vancouver doesn't commit to free agents long term or the coaching staff plays favorites I'd be more inclined to believe your opinion holds some weight.

If you say rule out something for a specific reason, ie: The Canucks because their fans boo them, but you do not rule out others despite the fact that the same reason applies to them (You only said there were 2 teams that you would not want to play for) Then your argument is invalid at the very core. I don't care if you want to play for us, but the reasoning you have presented is not sound.

This is why store b would be relevent and this is why other franchises are relevent in this discussion. If you can present other reasoning that applies only to the teams that you mentionned, then you have an argument.

OP, well said. There are so many garbage fans in this city its unbelievable. There are always people talking trash about the team, BOTH good times and bad. :blink: We are really blessed to have a bunch of guys that really liked each other, and that's why they stay.

I dont want to play for vancouver because the fans are harsh, because I dont like the fans, and the travel would be a bitch

I dont want to play for Toronto because the fans are harsh, and Toronto is a horrible city

I dont want to play for montreal because the fans are harsh. But I am willing to play for them because Montreal has huge history and fan base outside of montreal

I dont want to play for New York because I hate the rangers, but I might be willing to because the rangers are an origional 6 team, but I hate the rangers

I dont want to play for Boston because the fans are ficle, but Origional 6 with history,and a recent stanley cup winner

I dont want to play for Calgary because of the fans, but they have an excellent Rivarly with Vancouver and Edmonton, 2 teams I dont like

I dont want to play for New Jersey because the fans are idiots, but they are my favourite team, so id be willing to play for them, no matter what, and little fan base means no pressure if I do suck

I dont want to play for LA, because I would much rather play for Anaheim, but LA is a really nice place, I have alot of friends down there

Now that this is a general thread for every team, why dont we discuss why players dont want to play for LA, NJ, Calgary, Boston, New York, Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver

But this is a thread about vancouver

"I hate hitler, he killed alot of people"

"So did Stalin, why dont you hate him?"

"I didnt say anything about Stalin, I said I hate hitler"

Just because Stalin and Hitler killed alot of people doesnt mean I have to say I hate Stalin when i'm talking about hitler. Might as well talk about Hitler, Stalin, Car Crashes, and Peanuts

I didnt say I didnt want to go to Store A, but I would like to go to Store B

I said I dont want to go to Store A for not having vanilla<br />if Store B doesnt have vanilla, then maybe I dont want to go to Store B either

But my origional argument was "I dont like Store A, they dont have vanilla"

But maybe I would be willing to overlook the fact that Store B doesnt have vanilla because Store B offers somthing that Store A doesnt, but I shouldnt have to state "I like Store B because they Have X" when my argument is "I dont like Store A because they dont have vanilla"

It is purley because I dont want to go to Store A, here's why

What you said here does make sense, but it means that, the fans not supporting the team, can not be the dealbreaker for the Canucks for you. From my understanding, that is how you presented it.

If you are willing to look past it for a perk on another team, then why would you not be willing to look past it for the same perk on this team. There must be another reason that you would not want to play here.

Holy frack I guess were not allowed to jeer our own team? We have to be like some old lady church support group? GROW A PAIR OF TESTES! Its not like these guys play for the sole love of the game, that's a pile of horse-apples, its the money and always will be... out of the 700 something NHL players, how many would give up their large pay cheques for the LOVE of the game? 0. If you eat at McDonalds every day and they serve you a moldy bun you bet your a** your gonna get up there and raise a stink, be careful though you'll get beat down behind a counter, but that's besides the point.... If i want to hate Luongo that's my choice, doesn't make me a turn coat Canuck fan, that's retarded, there's no code that says you have to back every player on the team your a fan of, were just FANS, who gives a crap, we ain't playing the game, they are, the millionaires. I love the Canucks as a team and always will, but just like a box of apples there's always a couple of ones in there that are nasty and you don't go saying i sure love this rotten a** apple cause i love the box do you????!!!!!!! Since when are we supposed to be treating the people WE pay to entertain us with delicate hands? Why would you want to play in Vancouver? Cause we aren't gonna put up with your shi**y play or excuses and if you are so called playing for the LOVE of the game then at least you would want to play where you're held accountable, if not, go play in Florida or Phoenix where you can be a bump on the log playing for the love of your own a**!

Archived