The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

- Injuries & Ice Chips Thread - 2011 / 2012 Playoffs R1

The Hornet

Welcome to the Canucks Injury and Ice Chip thread! Here you can discuss team injury's, post player updates, ask questions, and find answers to those questions!

I will update the main page as much as I can throughout the year to help keep you all informed.

- The Hornet

Vancouver Canucks:

Injuries:

#54 - Aaron Volpatti - Left Wing

8475619.jpg

--------------------------

Injury: Shoulder labrum tear

Status: Out for rest of regular season / On Injured Reserve (Has resumed skating)

Sustained: Dec. 1 VS Predators

Return: doubtful to return for round 1 of the playoffs

#13 - Steven Pinizzotto - Right Wing

8473911.jpg

--------------------------

Injury: Shoulder (Surgery)

Sustained: September 25 VS Sharks

(See page 4 for twitter links and other updates.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ice Chips:

No Ice Chips

(An Ice Chip is a player that is not injured, but is unable to play. For example, the player is sick, has a suspension, pulled muscles, etc.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LA Kings:

Injuries:

# 13 - Kyle Clifford - Right Wing

8475160.jpg

--------------------

Injury: Upper Body

Sustained: Game 1

Return: Doubtful for game 5

# 21 - Scott Parse - Left Wing

8471386.jpg

---------------------

Injury: Hip (Surgery)

Sustained:

Return: Out for rest of season, questionable for playoff action

#12 - Simon Gagne - Left Wing

8467346.jpg

--------------------

Injury: Concussion

Sustained:

Return: Will miss rest of season

Ice Chips:

No Ice Chips

News & Updates:

-----

April 18: Daniel Sedin returns to the line up.

-----

April 16: Byron Bitz returns to the line up from his suspension

-----

April 13: Keith Ballard returns to the line - up.

-----

Questions? Comments? Feel free to let me know!

:canucks:Last Update: April 21 @ 11:04 am MT :canucks:

Main post will not be updated during games

Posted this in the Bitz thread from a little while back, actually surprised we haven't heard about him skating yet.

Last I heard was he was making progress and should start skating soon (in the next couple weeks most likely). Don't remember the article, but I think it was from the White Towel? At least the province, and wasn't too long ago. Likely we'll see him come November if his fitness holds up.

EDIT: Found it.

That was posted September 28th, so it's possible he's getting close to skating but will likely have to catch up on fitness before he can be removed from LTI and consider playing.

Archived