The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Henrik Sedin the best player to ever wear a Canuck Uniform / How many points will he finish with?

babych

Best Canuck Ever?  

373 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The current issue of THN has Henrik Sedin rated as the "Best Player Ever" for the Canucks franchise. Given the total body of work, plus the fact that Henrik will likely pass Naslund this year or next as the all time points leader, do you agree?

Note: I'm not asking about the best player in their prime (Messier, Bure, etc), or the most individually talented (again - Messier, Bure, etc.), just the best player while wearing the Canucks jersey.

Edit: I didn't want to start a new topic so I added another poll to this one. Henrik needs 10 points to pass Naslund as the all-time scoring leader for Vancouver. How many games into the season do you think this will take?

Edit: I've bumped this as the season is going to officially start soon. I still think Henrik will be the all-time leader around the 13th or 14th game (so, early Feb).

Edit: Henrik needs 1 point to tie and 2 to take the lead after 11 games so far. Hopefully he does it this week!

Edit: Given that Henrik scored his 800 and 801st point last night, I edited the poll to a career numbers question.

I still think Pavel Bure was the best while he was wearing a Canucks jersey. If Henrik wins a cup as the leading scorer or 2nd highest scorer on the team (points wise) then I would say he surpassed him.

But Bure led a team offensively that wasn't REALLY supposed to go to the Finals (41-40-3) whereas Henrik lead a much more solid President's Trophy winning team offensively into the finals.

Plus Bure's goal totals? Amazing.

Ehhhhh, it's hard to say. Keep in mind, Naslund played during part of the dead puck era and I do think he would've been capable of putting up better numbers than Henrik has if his prime was during this time. Also, Bure's unbelievable scoring talent on an otherwise mediocre team was amazing to behold. Keep in mind, it's not all offence though, and Henrik is a much better two-way player than Markus or Pavel. It's hard to say.

However, I do think by the end of their careers Hank and Dank will be known as the best players to ever don Canucks uniforms. Without a doubt. You can't put one of them above the other either, in my opinion.

Of course, it'll take not just an incredible player, but a very incredible person, to dethrone Trevor Linden as the greatest Canuck of all time.

I still think Pavel Bure was the best while he was wearing a Canucks jersey. If Henrik wins a cup as the leading scorer or 2nd highest scorer on the team (points wise) then I would say he surpassed him.

But Bure led a team offensively that wasn't REALLY supposed to go to the Finals (41-40-3) whereas Henrik lead a much more solid President's Trophy winning team offensively into the finals.

Plus Bure's goal totals? Amazing.

True - but Henrik has won the Art Ross and the Hart trophy while a Canuck. Plus, he's played way more games (and will likely retire) as a Canuck.

I don't know if it's possible to differentiate and put one Sedin ahead of the other. But yes, I'd say "The Sedins" are the best player to ever wear a Canucks jersey :)

Still, a Cup would erase any doubt in the minds of naysayers. If they win us a Cup they will officially and undoubtedly go down as the best.

True - but Henrik has won the Art Ross and the Hart trophy while a Canuck. Plus, he's played way more games (and will likely retire) as a Canuck.

Bure would have won the Richard twice (I think) had it been around back then.

And his best year as a Canuck he was on pace for 115 points (107 points in 76 games), which would be more than Henrik's highest and you have to put into context that the second highest scorer on that team had 70 points.

Henrik has Daniel.

1. Pavel Bure

2. Markus Naslund

2. Daniel Sedin

3. Henrik Sedin

5. Roberto Luongo

6. Todd Bertuzzi

7. Ryan Kesler

With the way things are going around here nowadays, I'll probably get flamed for putting Luongo on that list, but remember that the question is the best player WHILE wearing a Canuck uniform. I put Luongo as #5 because of 06-07 (and 10-11 - statistically his best season). Simply dominant in 06-07 and he was not only a Vezina finalist but also a Hart Trophy finalist.

And note that 4 of the top 7 to ever play for the Canucks is currently playing for the Canucks. Just saying.

The thing about this poll is that it IS on the internet and most people on this site probably weren't that old or even born when Bure was around.

All they can look at is youtube highlights and hockeydb.com.

Maybe read some articles..

But Bure definitely put more fear into the opposition than any other player we've ever had. He had 31 points in one playoff run on a mediocre team and scored 60 goals twice with the Canucks and broke 50 another time.

1. Pavel Bure

2. Markus Naslund

2. Daniel Sedin

3. Henrik Sedin

5. Roberto Luongo

6. Todd Bertuzzi

7. Ryan Kesler

With the way things are going around here nowadays, I'll probably get flamed for putting Luongo on that list, but remember that the question is the best player WHILE wearing a Canuck uniform. I put Luongo as #5 because of 06-07 (and 10-11 - statistically his best season). Simply dominant in 06-07 and he was not only a Vezina finalist but also a Hart Trophy finalist.

Why did you put Bertuzzi, Kesler, and Luongo ahead of Linden?

Archived