The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Henrik Sedin the best player to ever wear a Canuck Uniform / How many points will he finish with?

babych

Best Canuck Ever?  

373 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

best players while wearing a canucks jersey IMO

1 Bure most electrifying player ever for the nux.

2 Henrik Sedin Most cerebral player ever for the nux.

3 Linden Best Captain

4 Naslund Best Sniper

5 Daniel Sedin the other half of the best duo ever in hockey on any team IMO (no slight to Daniel I stand by 3 and 4)

6 Smyl sorry to put him at 6 Best on ice leader

7 Tanti nose for the net

8 Gradin one of the best offensively and all over the ice.

9 Burr I know I know he may not be a offensive powerhouse like the others but on the pk and 5 on 3 he has prevented more goals against than any other canuck not wearing pads.

10 Dave Babych Most intimidating and stabilizing force through play not fisticuffs. Best defender I have ever seen in a nucks uni.

Honorable mentions Ronning best compete level, Ohlund need I say more, Lummi best puck rushing D.

Solid laugh when I saw Burrows

best players while wearing a canucks jersey IMO

1 Bure most electrifying player ever for the nux.

2 Henrik Sedin Most cerebral player ever for the nux.

3 Linden Best Captain

4 Naslund Best Sniper

5 Daniel Sedin the other half of the best duo ever in hockey on any team IMO (no slight to Daniel I stand by 3 and 4)

6 Smyl sorry to put him at 6 Best on ice leader

7 Tanti nose for the net

8 Gradin one of the best offensively and all over the ice.

9 Burr I know I know he may not be a offensive powerhouse like the others but on the pk and 5 on 3 he has prevented more goals against than any other canuck not wearing pads.

10 Dave Babych Most intimidating and stabilizing force through play not fisticuffs. Best defender I have ever seen in a nucks uni.

Honorable mentions Ronning best compete level, Ohlund need I say more, Lummi best puck rushing D.

I want Gino on this list some how some place!!!!

In terms of talent, and players who played the majority of their career here?

No. Pavel was better. So is Luongo.

I'd rank them:

1. Pavel

2. Bobby Lou

These are our two hall of famers.

3. Trevor Linden

4. Marcus Naslund

5. Henrik Sedin

6. Daniel Sedin

7. Todd Bertuzzi

8. Jyrki Lumme

9. Matthias Ohlund

This is the next tier. I don't believe the Canucks have had a top tier defenseman yet.

BTW, as for the Messier/Bure comparison...

GPG:

Mike Bossy - .762 GPG

Super Mario - .754 GPG

Pavel Bure - .623

The only guy who's even close to touching Pavel right now is Ovechkin. And even he needs 10 goals in 19 games.

Cam Neely is the next Canuck on the list. Then Alex Mogilny, and then Sundin.

I'd be hard pressed to list Messier in the top 5 who ever wore the jersey.

Simply short, Pavel is just ridiculously far ahead of every other player the Canucks have ever had. The Canucks may never, ever, see another player as good as him again.

If you're talking 'most talented' it definitely goes to Bure. He's the most purely skilled player thus far in team history. If you're talking 'greatest Canuck' to me that embodies everything about being a Canuck. The combination of talent, community, and dedication to the team. Henrik will have well surpassed Linden in that regard by the time he retires.

Most talented: Pavel Bure (nobody brought the fans out of their seats like Pavel)

Biggest impact on the franchise: Trevor Linden (refused to accept losing, dragged the team out of that horrendous sub .500 streak)

Best body of work for the franchise: Henrik Sedin (hart trophy, art ross trophy, 2 presidents trophies, 1 final, will be the franchise points leader))

Quoted for truth.

Bure had the most raw talent for any Canuck.

Linden is Mr. Franchise as far as I'm concerned, although Stan Smyl is second place in my book.

The Sedins have the best careers. I think they are in the top ten for highest scoring brother pairs in NHL history and will likely become the first brothers to both earn more than 1,000 points.

Patel Bure was by far the most electric player ever to play for the Canucks. Changed the whole image of the franchise. Went from awful to a team that was great to watch. The Sedins are great but watching Bure was pure joy.

I still think Pavel Bure was the best while he was wearing a Canucks jersey. If Henrik wins a cup as the leading scorer or 2nd highest scorer on the team (points wise) then I would say he surpassed him.

But Bure led a team offensively that wasn't REALLY supposed to go to the Finals (41-40-3) whereas Henrik lead a much more solid President's Trophy winning team offensively into the finals.

Plus Bure's goal totals? Amazing.

Pavel never won an art Ross or hart/Lindsay here.

Henrik is miles ahead of him. So is Daniel.

Archived