The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Henrik Sedin the best player to ever wear a Canuck Uniform / How many points will he finish with?

babych

Best Canuck Ever?  

373 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You forgot that the sedins have a much better team around them and better supporting cast.

outside naslund, bertuzzi, mo, ohlund...there was no one. hmm...druken, fedorov, helmer, kavanagh, langdon, letowski, moss, reid, lechance, pederson, arvedsson, grenier, king, sandersoon, sleger, smith....

awesome players. and the sedins were NOT developed in 2001-2005. remember..the Sisters?

not to mention the revolving door of goalies...skudra, essensa, hedbergy, cloutier, auld...

so you talk about naslund never making past the second round..look what support he had. take away kesler and some D..canucks wouldnt have made it past chicago...you also forget...before last seasons amazing cup run..where they had an amazing team...the canucks never made it past the 2nd round...

Yeah, but the 2002-2003 team had a scoring by committee type squad. They had Linden, Cooke, Sedin, Sedin, Klatt, Chubarov, Letowski all in the bottom 9 and the team actually had more goals than the team last year 264 vs. 258.

They had a bad goalie arguably, but their defense was pretty stellar.

Ohlund - Salo

Jovo - Malik

Sopel - Allen

Baron

And they had some good role players in May and Ruutu.

If the Bertuzzi, Mo and Naslund could have taken it to the next gear, the team would have been at least 3rd round material. Unfortunately they couldn't.

really not trying to be rude, but Trev was amazing in his prime too, these numbers show it.

1988–89 Vancouver Canucks NHL 80 30 29 59

1989–90 Vancouver Canucks NHL 73 21 30 51

1990–91 Vancouver Canucks NHL 80 33 37 70

1991–92 Vancouver Canucks NHL 80 31 44 75

1992–93 Vancouver Canucks NHL 84 33 39 72

1993–94 Vancouver Canucks NHL 84 32 29 61

1994–95 Vancouver Canucks NHL 48 18 22 40

1995–96 Vancouver Canucks NHL 82 33 47 80

I'm not trying to be rude either, but Trevor was not amazing in his prime considering the high-scoring era he played in - your numbers only prove my point:

1988-89 Linden was 90th in league scoring.

1989-90 Linden was 113th in league scoring.

1990-91 Linden was 41st in league scoring

1991-92 Linden was 44th in league scoring.

1992-93 Linden was 77th in league scoring.

1993-94 Linden was 79th in league scoring.

1994-95 Linden was 42nd in league scoring.

1995-96 Linden was 35th in league scoring with 80 points.

The 1995-96 season was his career best. Mogilny scored 107 the same year on the same team - which was only the 9th best points total in the NHL. So it's evident how high scoring the NHL was back then. Really, Linden's performance was unflattering if you consider the era he played in. He was never in the top 30 in the league in scoring, nor has he ever put up a PPG season in his career - despite playing with a juggernaut like Bure for a few seasons.

Bertuzzi, on the other hand, was 3rd in league scoring in 2001-02 and was 5th in 2002-03 with a career high of 97 points and 46 goals. Ryan Kesler was 22nd in league scoring in 2009-10 and 15th in 2010-11. He has already had 41 goals in a season, and has a Selke Trophy to prove that he was the best 2-way forward in the league in the 2010-11 season. Trevor has no such accomplishments.

Seriously. Trevor was a great leader with a big heart. But the difference is that Bertuzzi and Kesler were/are considered elite in the league in their prime. Trevor? Not so much. He's only big in Vancouver, whereas Bertuzzi and Kesler are widely recognized around the league during their prime as one of the best at their respective specialties (power forward and 2-way center, respectively)

Bure is easily the most skilled player to ever lace up as a Canuck. And I define "laced up" as they were at the peak of their career while in Vancouver.

Bure was one of the most feared players in the league. Everyone took notice when he was on the ice, and he could turn nothing into something in a blink of an eye.

The best all-round player ever to lace them up for the Canucks has to be Trevor Linden. So many people here just look at points. Linden was very good defensively, on special teams and intangibly. He was above average offensively.

The most talented player ever? That's a whole different story. Pavel Bure would get my vote, for sure. But then you have to think about Nazzy, Igor Larionov, Paul Reinhart... maybe even Lu.

Where might you put the Steamer and Jyrki Lumme?

The Sedin's are incredible and they will both top Nazzy's production before they're done. I think a few great playoff performances and a Cup would go a long way towards making Hank the best ever. Right now, today? I don't think so.

towel.gif2e6c8lc.png

Bure is the best to ever wear the uniform.

You must factor in that Henrik plays with Daniel (vice versa) and both get a majority of their points because of this familiarity. What kind of player is either Sedin without the other? Do the get the points they do?

Bure individually is greater and either Sedin due in part to his speed, power and game breaking ability.

Bure did put up a lot of points back in the 90s. However, goalies were absolute sieves back then compared to now. Vezina-caliber goaltenders like Belfour posted ~.900 save percentages.

The game has changed so much from the Bure days til now its hard to compare. Ever watch a game from the 90's, if that had todays rules there would be penalty stops every few minutes. But I'm Goalie bias so I would say Kirk McLean. He posted a .904 save percentage in '94. 2vezina runner ups and 2 all star games. Not bad for goalies being absolute sieves back then. lol.

1. Pavel Bure

2. Markus Naslund

2. Daniel Sedin

3. Henrik Sedin

5. Roberto Luongo

6. Todd Bertuzzi

7. Ryan Kesler

With the way things are going around here nowadays, I'll probably get flamed for putting Luongo on that list, but remember that the question is the best player WHILE wearing a Canuck uniform. I put Luongo as #5 because of 06-07 (and 10-11 - statistically his best season). Simply dominant in 06-07 and he was not only a Vezina finalist but also a Hart Trophy finalist.

And note that 4 of the top 7 to ever play for the Canucks is currently playing for the Canucks. Just saying.

You seriously need to be slapped for not having Trevor Linden on that list.

He's also one of the classiest players in the league. Guys skate around trying to hurt him and he keeps going without making a scene or crying in the media. People don't give hom credit for that. And remember his charity work,

Guest gumballthechewy

Trevor Linden will always be the best to lace up the skates for the Canucks. Forever a Canuck, #16! :towel:

Exatcly what I was thinking!

I would say that Henrik (Daniel too i guess) could very well be the smartest player to ever wear a Canuck Uniform. I mean hockey smart, not book smart.

Bure was definately the most skilled player to wear a Canuck uniform.

The question being who is the best is too vague to answer. How do you compair a goalies skills to a skaters? Or offensive skills vs defensive.

Archived