The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Henrik Sedin the best player to ever wear a Canuck Uniform / How many points will he finish with?

babych

Best Canuck Ever?  

373 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pavel Bure, no question best and most dynamic player we've had and will ever have.

It's like the leafs and Mats Sundin, he leads them all time in points and was consistent as heck but was he really the best player ever for the franchise? And Bure is likely our first official HOFer. But if the sedins continue potting 1 or 2 more 90-100 point seasons and get us another long cup run, no question they're one and two. Thank you Brian Burke!

Pavel Bure.

If Bure played in today's no center ice off side no clutching and grabbing NHL he would have been even more spectacular. Goaltending (bigger equipment) has improved since Bure's day but he would still get 50 goals in this league. Picture Ovechkin but faster and probably even better 1 on 1.

Conversely if you put the Sedins back in Bure's day with all of the clutching and grabbing the D used to get away with I dont think that they would have been as effective.

Every time Pavel touched the puck, or went on a rush, you had a sense that something was going to happen.

My list would be

Bure

Henrik/Daniel

Linden

Naslund

Gradin

Larionov

The question is a bit vague (depending on how you look at it) but if there were a draft today which Canuck or ex-Canuck would I draft first???????

Messier, Bure then Larionov.

Bure was deffo the most skilled offensively and that always has people lining up more so than a top 2 way player (or goal tender for that matter.)

I agree with our European scout - I put Bure slightly ahead of Henrik at this point.

If Bure was able to stay healthy, and play with a player who complemented him as well as Daniel has Henrik, well, that would have been simply amazing.

Bure

Henrik

Daniel

Linden

Luongo (suck it, haters!)

Naslund

(Ps. - This is based on what they did while in a Canucks uniform. Messier, Larionov and Neely would be in the discussion if it I were considering their non-Canuck play.)

Pavel Bure.

If Bure played in today's no center ice off side no clutching and grabbing NHL he would have been even more spectacular. Goaltending (bigger equipment) has improved since Bure's day but he would still get 50 goals in this league. Picture Ovechkin but faster and probably even better 1 on 1.

Conversely if you put the Sedins back in Bure's day with all of the clutching and grabbing the D used to get away with I dont think that they would have been as effective.

Every time Pavel touched the puck, or went on a rush, you had a sense that something was going to happen.

My list would be

Bure

Henrik/Daniel

Linden

Naslund

Gradin

Larionov

I would not compare Bure to Ovechkin. They're both incredibly exciting, offensively dynamic, fast, and Russian. But Ovie brings a physical element to his game that changes it completely. He's not as handsy as Bure was either.

Anyways, I'll go ahead and make a list of the best Canucks to wear it (not counting guys like Messier and Larionov who were here pretty briefly)

1. Pavel Bure

2. Alexander Mogilny

3. Markus Naslund

4. Henrik Sedin & Daniel Sedin

5. Stan Smyl

6. Trevor Linden

7. Thomas Gradin

8. Roberto Luongo

9. Tony Tanti

10. Mattias Ohlund

When you consider all aspects: talent, production, leadership, class, length of service, and community, without a doubt Henrik tops the list. Bure was the most talented goal scorer, while Henrik has to be considered the most talented playmaker today. By body of work as a Canuck it's Henrik hands down.

• 9 months later...

Archived