The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Henrik Sedin the best player to ever wear a Canuck Uniform / How many points will he finish with?

babych

Best Canuck Ever?  

373 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm another in the Bure camp for best Canuck player ever.

Not to get too off topic but I often wonder what if Bure stayed in Vancouver and we had also gotten Gretzky to centre him. He'd probably be the all-time points leader ahead of Naslund.

• 5 weeks later...

As long as both are healthy even a mediocre season will have them take the no. 1 and 2 spots in all-time scoring by a Canuck. My guess is that Henrik will take no. 1 within about 10-15 games. Daniel should overcome Naslund by around the all-star game (barring injuries). By seasons end both Henrik (53 points down) and Daniel (82 points down) should be the first Canucks players to ever reach the 800 point plateau.

Interestingly, Henrik (+181), Daniel (+160), and Burrows (+116) are the only three players in Canuck history to have a +/- higher than 100. Salo is next on the list with +78.

That's what I'm thinking as well. He needs 2 more points and has played 11 games so far...

Henrik Sedin is definitely the greatest Canuck at this point. He's one point away from tying for the all-time franchise lead in points, and two away from taking the lead altogether, he's the only Canuck ever to win an Art Ross trophy and a Hart trophy, he had the highest point total ever achieved in a season by any Canuck with 112 and he was captain of the team in one of the franchise's 3 Cup final runs. He's also 2nd in franchise games played and will pass 1st place Linden within the next couple seasons.

You can argue that a guy like Pavel Bure was a better, more talented player than Hank, or you can argue that guys like Messier and Sundin were obviously better all-time greats who donned the Canucks uniform, but nobody has a better combination of games played for and dedication to the franchise, talent, and accolades and accomplishments than Henrik Sedin.

neither bure nor messier won a scoring championship.... unbelievable show our own fans continuously underrate our own current stars.

in fact NONE of the other names anyone listed above has won a scoring championship

come on... you guys can't be that blind?

if you had gretzky would he be unappreciated for his passing skills? wtf?

Henrik Sedin all the way for me, and DS #2. They are the only players who have won a scoring championship in anyone's lists... AND they did it while playing for the Canucks.

Who the Frack cares what Messier did before he came here... seriously... he was a cancer.

Greatest Players to play for the Canucks

1. Messier

2a. Sundin

2b. Bure

3. Naslund

4a and b. Henrik/Daniel

5. Luongo

6. Linden

7. Ohlund

Greatest Canuck

1. Trevor

2. Steamer

I know I sound like a dick saying this but i stopped reading your list after Messier. I understand your reasoning he was obviously a great player, just was never great here. Mediocre at best.

Half the reason for Messier's offensive totals come from the fact he played nearly 1800 career games, the other half come from playing on arguably the greatest dynasty team ever (which obviously he contributed to, but he had A LOT of help from some other guys who were pretty good...), as well as a very good New York team with many offensive weapons.

Bure is the best player to ever wear a Canucks jersey. Not only a force offensively but also very reliable defensively (which is quite overlooked). If he was healthy his whole career, and was treated like he deserved to be and never left Vancouver the Sedins would still have quite a ways to go before becoming the all time leaders. If Bure played 1700+ games, or even 1300+ I shutter to think at what his totals would have been.

I'm also surprised no one had mentioned Larionov in here. If he came over when he was younger he'd be much higher in the all time categories.

I'd take Bure in his prime over Sedin in their prime, just for skill on the ice. That being said I'd rather take a Sedin for personality and teamanship over Bure any day. That's why Bure might not get his jersey retired by us but the Sedins surely will.

• 7 months later...

I updated the poll now that Henrik has scored his 800th point last night. The new question is: How many points will he accumulate before finally retiring?

My prediction is that he'll be nearly a ppg this year and then average 55 pts over the next 4 years to give him career totals of around 1090.

Oops double post for some reason...

It didn't let me finish.

People say bure was more electrifying and he definitely was when it came to goal scoring. However hanks playnaking is just as electric imo.

Daniel could surpass him though... we'll have to wait and see. Unfortunately I just don't c it in Daniel since the concussion. He's had moments but he just seems to be a little hesitant.

Hank and dank will go down as the best and most electric in canucks history. Should that redneck GM mg extend their contracts

I think yes. The more I watch (and the more I understand about the little things in hockey), the more amazed I am. He is simply one of the best centers in the game right now both offensively and defensively (and the numbers back me up).

As for career numbers, that will be highly dependent on how long the Sedins want to stay in the NHL. If they stay 4-5 more years after this season, I can easily see 1050+.

Archived