#61 Maz

Maz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:38 PM

Even though this has nothing to do with what this thread is actually about,
Rinne had some of the worst luck tonight i've seen in a while! So many tips, deflections, and weird bounces
Not that it matters or anything

#62 ms.canucks

ms.canucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:38 PM

So we're bashing other team's goalies aswell now ? .. holy @$@&

#63 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:42 PM

Hahahaha!!! Most original thread ever!!! Good work, made me howl especially after reading some of the responses you got!!

#64 Demo250

Demo250

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

So we're bashing other team's goalies aswell now ? .. holy @$@&

Replace the words "Rinne" with Luongo, and "Lindback" with Schneider and you'll get it. It's a joke to show how funny ridiculous our own fans look when they say these things.

Edited by Demo250, 20 October 2011 - 10:47 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#65 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,916 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:47 PM

You had me for the first few sentences, good job OP :lol:

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#66 tocnhockey

tocnhockey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:50 PM

Some of you have never heard of tongue-in-cheek??

meaning: "take what I am saying with a grain of salt, or in an ironic or facetious manner"

"He'll play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches."

linden_mclean1994.jpg

Kirk McLean and Trevor Linden -Game 6 1994 SC Finals

#67 darnucks

darnucks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:50 PM

Nice thread OP, good for a laugh. Hard to believe some people can't detect the obvious sarcasm after the all the blabbing over the last couple days.

#68 hockeyknowhow81

hockeyknowhow81

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:51 PM

48% of you are dumb as hell, I'll leave it up to you all to figure out who's in that %. The people not in that % will understand exactly what I'm talking about.
:mellow:

#69 Guest_The Brown Burrows_*

Guest_The Brown Burrows_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:51 PM

go to sleep

What are you? My mom?

You think your so cool telling people to go to sleep. I'm not a kid........(person trying to be my mom). :picard:

#70 Brad Marchand

Brad Marchand

Sphincter

• Members
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:52 PM

What are you? My mom?

You think your so cool telling people to go to sleep. I'm not a kid........(person trying to be my mom). :picard:

We get it. Stop trying to act like you're better than everyone else.
Luc Bourdon & Rick Rypien: Forever Canucks

#71 Canucks17_33_22

Canucks17_33_22

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:53 PM

Pekka Rinne is washed up. He just isn't the same goalie anymore. This goes back to last season's exit from the playoffs. One man basically owned him (Ryan Kesler). He is supposed to be an elite goalie but he couldn't even beat lousy Luongo in a 7 game series. He could not even help his team past the Canucks when the Preds had the Sedins completely shut down. He's a flopper. He has poor positioning. He is slow. His glove hand is weak, his blocker is weaker, and everyone can see into next Tuesday through his 5-hole.

Now this? .750 on 16 shots? Clearly he is terrible. Lindback is ready. We need to trade Pekka Rinne for a 2nd rate player while he has any value.

Pekka Rinne is garbage and the Predators should give up on him. They will never win a cup with him. He is not a playoff performer. He is mentally weak. He crumbles under pressure.

Next time I go to a game that Pekka Rinne gets scored on (even if they are good goals) I will boo him mercilessly. He deserves it and it will make his job harder. Which is what I want to do. I HATE him and I want him to do poorly so that I will feel better about myself and my accurate judgements of his poor play.

You forgot to mention that you will drive him to jail if he lets in a bad goal. Cause in terms of hockey law, letting in a bad goal will get you sentenced for life. :)

#72 KamikazeWatermelon

KamikazeWatermelon

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:55 PM

This sounds familiar.... Hmmm... Posted Image
Posted Image
Credits to uɐpɹoɾ

#73 sam13371337

sam13371337

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:56 PM

if rinne had a team half as good as leaky lu's, he would have had 3 rings on his fingers by now....
Fire MG

#74 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:01 PM

Well played sir. Well played.

:lol:

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#75 Grind-Like-Lightning

Grind-Like-Lightning

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:02 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#76 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:06 PM

well..he makes less than luongo...and has not had a history of meltdowns
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#77 Canuckzilla

Canuckzilla

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:10 PM

lol didn't know I was on funnyjunk.com

#78 dinga

dinga

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:10 PM

Most of the Predator fans we heard from in the play offs were very classy towards our team. The OP is the exact opposite. This is why Canucks fans are hated through out the league.

#79 iE.

iE.

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:15 PM

well..he makes less than luongo...and has not had a history of meltdowns

Wrong, he makes 2 mill more then Luongo.

Posted Image

I think Luongo will be traded to Ottawa for 5th round pick + cash considerations, before the trade dealine.

Can't be surprised. Skill wise Luongo is debatably the least talented goalie in the NHL. He should be playing in a lower division somewhere in Europe (div. II or III).

It's a shame that the Twins will never have an elite winger to play with because we've spent that money on a no-win goalie.

luongo will have played his way back to florida by the time the christmas break rolls around.

This is why we can't have nice things...

#80 yes we can nucks

yes we can nucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:16 PM

Each goalie gave up a BAD goal btw.

Also, bad goals are a much more common occurrence with Luongo (pretty much at least one per night most nights) than Rinne, so your comparison is faulty sir.

EDIT: Not that I support booing your own goalie by any means, how the *&^% is that going to help the situation?

Got anything to support that? Otherwise your statement is faulty, sir.
Could it be that maybe, just maybe, you watch more games with Luongo than with Rinne? ;)

#81 yes we can nucks

yes we can nucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:17 PM

Most of the Predator fans we heard from in the play offs were very classy towards our team. The OP is the exact opposite. This is why Canucks fans are hated through out the league.

hoo boy.

#82 JuicyJustice

JuicyJustice

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:20 PM

LOL at all the people that did not recognize the sarcasm :P

#83 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,419 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:22 PM

Actually I think it's the righteous indignation and gross over reactions that play a bigger a role.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#84 Demo250

Demo250

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:23 PM

LOL at all the people that did not recognize the sarcasm :P

I'm actually amazed....
Posted Image
Posted Image

#85 asdfman

asdfman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:31 PM

Silly people look into a mirror and don't realize what they've done...
Posted Image

#86 Shirotashi

Shirotashi

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:34 PM

Pekka Rinne is washed up. He just isn't the same goalie anymore. This goes back to last season's exit from the playoffs. One man basically owned him (Ryan Kesler). He is supposed to be an elite goalie but he couldn't even beat lousy Luongo in a 7 game series. He could not even help his team past the Canucks when the Preds had the Sedins completely shut down. He's a flopper. He has poor positioning. He is slow. His glove hand is weak, his blocker is weaker, and everyone can see into next Tuesday through his 5-hole.

Now this? .750 on 16 shots? Clearly he is terrible. Lindback is ready. We need to trade Pekka Rinne for a 2nd rate player while he has any value.

Pekka Rinne is garbage and the Predators should give up on him. They will never win a cup with him. He is not a playoff performer. He is mentally weak. He crumbles under pressure.

Next time I go to a game that Pekka Rinne gets scored on (even if they are good goals) I will boo him mercilessly. He deserves it and it will make his job harder. Which is what I want to do. I HATE him and I want him to do poorly so that I will feel better about myself and my accurate judgements of his poor play.

YEAH!!! WHAT YOU SAID!!! I remember when Rinne totaly shyt the bed in the games in vancouver and almost let in a total of 20 goals in 3 games!!! ..... Wait Rinne never shyt the bed that bad in the SCF.... wow so he is not like lui at all. Rinne didnt almost lose to the blackhawks for 3 STRAIGHT YEARS. Rinne didnt almost lose to USA in the gold medal game. Rinne isnt a choke artist. He played very well in our series against him I have nothing but respect for him. Lui shyt the bed in Boston so bad that they had 0 respect for us and then they took it to us.

You can depend on lui to do one thing. And thats choke. Stop waving the pom poms you look ridiculous.

And to whomever does not like it.. suck eggs. See you after we lose another heartbreaker this year.

Edited by Shirotashi, 20 October 2011 - 11:36 PM.

Sig too big.

#87 Laoag

Laoag

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:35 PM

Best post ever!

#88 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:36 PM

I've been a Canuck fan longer than majority of Canucks fans on CDC have been alive. I stay away from commenting on Luongo. But OP made a good thread and I felt compelled to respond, my thought are

Luongo is the best goalie Canucks have ever had. He deserves a lot more respect than he gets in Vancouver.

#89 rypper-37

rypper-37

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:36 PM

LOL can't believe so many people can't identify the humor in this thread.
:picard:

#90 tocnhockey

tocnhockey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:37 PM

YEAH!!! WHAT YOU SAID!!! I remember when Rinne totaly shyt the bed in the games in vancouver and almost let in a total of 20 goals in 3 games!!! ..... Wait Rinne never shyt the bed that bad in the SCF.... wow so he is not like lui at all. Rinne didnt almost lose to the blackhawks for 3 STRAIGHT YEARS. Rinne didnt almost lose to USA in the gold medal game. Rinne isnt a choke artist. He played very well in our series against him I have nothing but respect for him. Lui shyt the bed in Boston so bad that they had 0 respect for us and then they took it to us.

You can depend on lui to do one thing. And thats choke. Stop waving the pom poms you look ridiculous.

And to whomever does not like it.. suck eggs. See you after we lose another heartbreaker this year.

Are you being obtuse on purpose? :blink:

"He'll play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches."

linden_mclean1994.jpg

Kirk McLean and Trevor Linden -Game 6 1994 SC Finals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.