The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Blazers thread [WHL]

pwnstar

Bring on the rematch maybe Kelowna will get the PP's tonight.

Hard to win when they're 11 to 5 in favour of a team as strong as the Blazers.

If Chevy is out.... which I am very sure of, we will have a really tough time winning. Kozun looked very shaky.

My prediction: 5-3 rockets, I hope im wrong

Great game tonight, I literally jumped about two feet in the air when Bozon scored in overtime. then threw my hat on the ice about a full minute late when the announcer said it was his third of the night lol. Damn it's nice to have hockey back.

Sucks that both Bell and Cheveldave went down with injury. Hope Chevy's isn't serious, but I'm worried Bell's might be, he was on the ice for quite a while and didn't come back. Also, it was scary to see Smith go down from boarding, glad he got back into the game.

edit: also, was a pretty packed house, only about 400 short of a sellout. though it should have sold out on a home opener when raising a banner

Banner raising was fantastic, they did a really good job!!! Hope Chevy is back soon!

Fans were fantastic, team played well...it was a great opening night.

Well I hope the Rockets can play more disciplined tonight! If they can I see no reason why they can't win this one in Regulation and take the home and home series ;)

Who do you guys think will win the BC division this year? Or what will be the final BC div rankings?

Well I hope the Rockets can play more disciplined tonight! If they can I see no reason why they can't win this one in Regulation and take the home and home series ;)

Who do you guys think will win the BC division this year? Or what will be the final BC div rankings?

BC Division rankings:

Kamloops

Victoria

Kelowna

Vancouver

Prince George

You heard it here first ;)

Well Rockets outshoot the Blazers in both games and both games are close well fought hard played games so I would say the season looks bright for both clubs at this point.

I am very surprised the Rockets couldn't muster more offense, Home opener and backup goalie in for the blazers.

Honestly, no lead is safe vs the Blazers. They believe they can come back in any game, almost incredible how often they do it actually. Come to think of it, thats not a good thing haha, trailing into the third can't become a habit. This team could have multiple 100 pt scorers this yr, I expect big things.

Well Rockets outshoot the Blazers in both games and both games are close well fought hard played games so I would say the season looks bright for both clubs at this point.

Actually, Blazers dominated the third period of last nights game, came back to outshoot the Rockets 30-29, I believe.

Rockets achilles heel will be their discipline, or lack thereof.

Actually, Blazers dominated the third period of last nights game, came back to outshoot the Rockets 30-29, I believe.

Rockets achilles heel will be their discipline, or lack thereof.

whl had it listed 30-29 in favour of Kelowna. But yeah first period shots were 13-5 for Kelowna, second was like 11-10 Kelowna, then third was like first but for Kamloops. Not sure the exact totals but something like that.

The second game was better reffed for the most part except Kelowna getting called for roughing with 2 minutes to go...I mean that sucks :P Should been at least an OT game. Also you're goalie played really solid, kept Kamloops in it through two periods, could been 3 or 4-0.

In anycase I expect each game these two clubs to play to be close like this weekend was. Kamloops is definitely a little better, and a little more disciplined, but maybe Kelowna can figure it out as the season goes on.

Jon Keen@JonKeenNLSports

Blazer F Brendan Ranford @ranford19 is headed to the Hamilton Bulldogs AHL camp this week. FA invite. Was heading to MTL before lockout.

Well without Ranford, who should be slotted into that top line spot? I think Matt Needham, who looked great all weekend, would make a good fit with Willy and DePape...hoping Ranford doesn't make the Bulldogs, so we can have him back. If not, I guess we COULD get Madaisky back.

In any event, it looks like the Lipon - Smith - Bozon line could carry this team. They're dangerous, every shift.

Jon Keen@JonKeenNLSports

Blazer F Brendan Ranford @ranford19 is headed to the Hamilton Bulldogs AHL camp this week. FA invite. Was heading to MTL before lockout.

Well without Ranford, who should be slotted into that top line spot? I think Matt Needham, who looked great all weekend, would make a good fit with Willy and DePape...hoping Ranford doesn't make the Bulldogs, so we can have him back. If not, I guess we COULD get Madaisky back.

In any event, it looks like the Lipon - Smith - Bozon line could carry this team. They're dangerous, every shift.

TBH, Ranford is great for us, but doesn't have the defensive game to make it there. Don't get me wrong he has improved, but he is still not there on the defensive side of the puck. As for Madaisky, if he made Springfield he would be the 10th Dman... The lockout is going to make it darn near impossible for good players like Madaisky to advance there careers. He will be an absolute stud on Defence this year in the WHL. With Madaisky and the rest of our team healthy, this team could be destined for great things.

TBH, Ranford is great for us, but doesn't have the defensive game to make it there. Don't get me wrong he has improved, but he is still not there on the defensive side of the puck. As for Madaisky, if he made Springfield he would be the 10th Dman... The lockout is going to make it darn near impossible for good players like Madaisky to advance there careers. He will be an absolute stud on Defence this year in the WHL. With Madaisky and the rest of our team healthy, this team could be destined for great things.

I agree. As nice as it'd be for Madaisky to stay, and keep our three 20 year olds, Needham looks good wherever you put him, so maybe throw Needham on the Willick - Ranford line (assuming you're correct and he returns), deal DePape (Vancouver is looking for another 20 year old after releasing Makin) and bring in Gelsinger.

We're in good shape, no matter what happens.

Archived