The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Blazers thread [WHL]

pwnstar

BLAZERS 8TH IN BMO CHL MASTERCARD TOP 10

26-Sep-12

Toronto, ON – The Canadian Hockey League today announced the second edition of the BMO CHL MasterCard Top 10 Rankings for the 2012-13 regular season. The weekly rankings of the Canadian Hockey League’s Top 10 teams are selected by a panel of National Hockey League scouts.

BMO CHL MasterCard Top 10 Rankings – Week 2

Rank

Team (Record)

Last Week

# of Weeks

Quebec Remparts (2-0-0-0)

Edmonton Oil Kings (2-0-0-0)

London Knights (2-0-0-0)

Kitchener Rangers (2-0-0-0)

Halifax Mooseheads (2-0-0-0)

Portland Winterhawks (2-1-0-0)

Blainville-Boisbriand Armada (2-0-0-0)

Kamloops Blazers (2-0-0-0)

-

Belleville Bulls (2-0-0-0)

-

Calgary Hitmen (2-0-0-0)

-

Honourable Mention:

Rimouski Oceanic (2-0-0-0)

-

Oshawa Generals (1-1-0-0)

Saskatoon Blades (1-1-0-0)

The Oil Kings Pumped Lethbridge last night. 60 shots to 20, only saving grace was Ty Rimmer in the hurricanes net. The oil kings will be a force this year, no doubt about it. As for this weekend, I predict the blazers win one in regulation and then either lose in overtime or a shootout. I hear that bell will be back for this weekend which is great.

We will be missing Ranford and Hansen. Not sure about Chevaldave. Also, Saskatoon hosting the Mem Cup is becoming a joke. I know it's only 3 games in, but man, they haven't looked good.

2-0 after 2

go team

Outshooting Victoria 32-19 as of the 2nd intermission. Definitely a big difference from Friday night...Charron was very upset at the effort on Friday, and I think it's showing. Sounds as though the Blazers are dominating - Jon Keen seems to have a slight dislike for the Victoria fans!

Go Blazers!

Cheveldave returns to blank the Royals, Blazers win 3-0!

I'll post the game summary as soon as blazerhockey.com has it up!

Sounded like the Blazers played up to their potential. It is incredible to imagine we could still and IMO will probably get Madaisky and Ranford back.

Sounded like the Blazers played up to their potential. It is incredible to imagine we could still and IMO will probably get Madaisky and Ranford back.

We get 'em both back, then one of Dice, Ranford, Willick, or DePape has to go...

Not that DePape is really making a difference in this line-up. In my opinion, he's been the most invisible player on the team through 4 games.

rotator0820.jpg

Cheveldave Solid in Return, Blazers Blank Victoria 3-0

30-Sep-12

It was a solid outing all around as the Blazers earned a 3-0 win in Victoria on Sunday afternoon. Brady Gaudet scored the opening goal for the Blazers as his shot beat Jared Rathjen to give the Blazers a 1-0 lead 15:38 into the period. The Blazers line of Matt Needham, Cole Ully and Chase Souto were terrific in the offensive zone and Needham and Souto were rewarded with assists on the goal. The Blazers held a 16-13 advantage on the shot clock after one period.

In the second period, the Blazers turned it up a notch. All four lines were going and the Blazers created a ton of offensive chances outshooting the Royals 16-6 in the period. Rob Trzonkowski gave the Blazers a cushion making it 2-0 with his first goal in a Blazer uniform. Goaltender Cole Cheveldave made a great pass to 17-year-old Aaron Macklin. Macklin fed Trzonkowski for a breakaway and he slid it five-hole 3:38 into the second period. The Blazers continued to create chances, but goaltender Jared Rathjen shut the door earning a third star on the night.

The Blazers continued to control the game in the third period. Forward Colin Smith was snake-bitten with a couple of great chances early on. Smith got on the board at 10:13 into the period when he banged home a rebound after 16-year-old Jordan Thomson's point shot. From there, the Blazers killed off a couple of late penalties and cruised to a 3-0 victory in Victoria.

The Blazers outshot the Royals 39-22 in the game and Cole Cheveldave earned his first shutout since January 6th in a 3-0 win over Prince George last season. Both teams finished the game 0-for-5 on the power play.

The Blazers return home for a four-game homestand which starts on Friday, October 5th when they host the Seattle Thunderbirds. The Blazers are back on the ice the next night as they host the Medicine Hat Tigers. For tickets call the Blazers Box Office at 250-828-3339.

:towel:

Anyone Making it to the Seattle game on Friday? Girlfriend and I are coming down to Sun Peaks for Thanksgiving and I have convinced her to Come into town with me to take in the game friday night.

I'll be loud and proud with my orange jersey!

Anyone Making it to the Seattle game on Friday? Girlfriend and I are coming down to Sun Peaks for Thanksgiving and I have convinced her to Come into town with me to take in the game friday night.

I'll be loud and proud with my orange jersey!

Wish I could, on nightshift this week so I'll miss this weekends games. Didn't get to go to the season opener so I'm dying to get to a game here.

I was just looking at the Springfield and Hamilton training camps. It looks like the pre-season starts late this week and into the weekend. I believe that Hamilton will cut their roster on Wednesday, as good as Ranford has been for us he is playing on the fourth line of one of the intra-squad games. I hate to say it, but I could see him back fro this weekend's games, if not Friday, then Saturday fore sure.

Madaisky has a better chance at sticking for the pre-season but not great. The Falcons have 11 D-men at camp and our Blazer is the only one who played junior last year. The rest have a mixture of AHL and NHL experience, along with one former NCAA player.

The Falcons will most likely cut their roster down on Thursday, which means we could see Madaisky back this weekend (but don't count on it.)

If Madaisky comes back we only hav a few days to make a move with one of our 20 yr olds, Depape, Willick, Ranford and Madaisky.

That will be a tough move to make as all 4 players have their individual positive and negatives. I honestly hate to say it but Depape, has been less than impressive thus far and I think we could get something good back for him. Maybe a younger 17-18 yr old, 2nd or 3rd line scorer, or checker.

Any way you look at it the Blazers will have some decision to make and whichever decisions are made they should still have a great season.

Archived