The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Blazers thread [WHL]

pwnstar

Haven't seen a Blazers sellout since '07. But I went to that Canada-Russia Super Series game in Kamloops a couple years back and it was sold out, and the atmosphere was AMAZING. Really hoping it happens!

I was there as well. Was awesome! I remember when I was a kid it was impossible to get tickets. My Dad and I used to line-up outside safeway before they opened in the morning to get tickets, o and you had to buy 20 bucks in groceries or something.

Those were the days, but that was because of dominate season after dominate season.

I was there as well. Was awesome! I remember when I was a kid it was impossible to get tickets. My Dad and I used to line-up outside safeway before they opened in the morning to get tickets, o and you had to buy 20 bucks in groceries or something.

Those were the days, but that was because of dominate season after dominate season.

They've still got that on at Safeway! Thats how I bought my ticket for tonight :bigblush:

I'm hoping those days will return - the days when you have to buy tickets nearly a week in advance in order to secure your seat.

What a game! Atmosphere in the building was great in the first - but died down after we put the game away! The boys deserved that rousing applause at the end of the game!

$5508 was the announced donation to Breast Cancer....I believe the fans deserve an applause for that one!

Can't wait for Victoria tomorrow night - seats behind the Vic bench, big group...can't wait!

Was at the game last night too, man those kids are fun to watch, they're having fun and half the time are making it look easy. 8-1? insane, was great to see the turnout too, too bad it wasn't completely sold out, but pretty damn close.

It was completely sold out! The building holds 5464, and the attendance announced was 5508. That means they sold about 40 standing room tickets. If the few empty seats is what is leading you to believe it wasn't a sell out, you should have seen all of the kids wandering the concourse during the game (I was one of the standing room people, I saw 'em!). All of those teens that go to the game "just to hang out" rather than watch the actual game. If they had gone and sat in their seats, the building would have looked right full.

Even still, there were only about 100-200 empty looking seats.

It was completely sold out! The building holds 5464, and the attendance announced was 5508. That means they sold about 40 standing room tickets. If the few empty seats is what is leading you to believe it wasn't a sell out, you should have seen all of the kids wandering the concourse during the game (I was one of the standing room people, I saw 'em!). All of those teens that go to the game "just to hang out" rather than watch the actual game. If they had gone and sat in their seats, the building would have looked right full.

Amazing what having a good team will do for attendance eh

Amazing what having a good team will do for attendance eh

Yea! Kelowna is starting to see the decline in attendance now that they are not the power they were a few years ago.

14-0-0-1! wooo, hopefully 15-0-0-1 tomorrow! won't be easy tho, 3 games in 3 nights

Rockets attendance is only down from about 6,200 to 5,600 per game compared to the powerhouse days of last decade. Which isn't too bad. Though even last year there were quite a few over 6,000.

The home opener this year broke the rockets sell-out streak of like 200 sometin games

Blazers are looking real good. I'm actually looking forward to seeing them tomorrow night against Seattle and expecting them

to win big(the Blazers). I've been to many WHL games but this will be the first time I've seen Kamloops,should be a good evening with the family. This is Seattle's Pink the Rink event.

The home opener this year broke the rockets sell-out streak of like 200 sometin games

Yup I was surprised but I guess it had to happen eventually. Though I think it was more shocking that it wasn't sold out considering the lack of NHL this season!

Well maybe you guys can start your own streak now. At this rate Kamloops is going to finish like 65-0-7 this season :P

yeah my bad, when they announced the attendance I didn't hear them mention 'sold out' so I kinda assumed, I figured ~5500 was sold out, and thought maybe there was room for 5600. Sad I missed tonight's game, damn they're playing great, looked like practice the other night against brandon.

Great game against the Royals last night, another win! 4-0 at the end of the first, 5-2 at the end.

Game was pretty full, not sure if it was a sell out, but it looked close.

I bought my tickets 3 hours before the game and there were alot of good seats available.

Archived