The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Blazers thread [WHL]

pwnstar

Refs really wanted Kamloops to win this game or what? PP in last minute, PP in OT, 6 to 3 on the night favoring Kamloops. I suppose I should blame the Rockets PK a little bit too (but that's not as fun/easy as just blaming the refs). Anywho enjoy the win - woulda been a fun one to watch.

Refs really wanted Kamloops to win this game or what? PP in last minute, PP in OT, 6 to 3 on the night favoring Kamloops. I suppose I should blame the Rockets PK a little bit too (but that's not as fun/easy as just blaming the refs). Anywho enjoy the win - woulda been a fun one to watch.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

i didn't watch, looks like the blazers were gifted with a couple PPs late. Bad calls?

edit: ^I see 7-4 on the PPs, but yeah tough way for kelowna to lose

From a Kelowna perspective, any penalty that late is a "bad call". But from a legitimate hockey perspective, Blazers SHOULD have gone on the PP twice before the penalty was called in the final minute. Maybe a bit of a make up call, but the Rockets were undisciplined all night.

The OT penalty was an absolute proper call.

And what a GAME! I've never jumped out of my seat as high as I did, nor screamed as loud as I did when Smith tied it! (I wasn't at that unreal game 6 last year, but this kind of made up for it). I was absolutely in a frenzy for about 20 mins after Souto's OT goal, never belted "Sweet Caroline" as loud as I did tonight!!! If you missed it, I feel bad for you!! B-L-A-Z-E-R-S!!

You sound like a Canucks fan...wait. :D

HUGE character win for he boys. Honestly, this could spark another winning streak. I can't believe how people have already written the Blazers off in the playoffs. Its probably a good thing. This team loves being the underdog.

You know how I posted above the Kamloops has the WHL record for Most Goals in One Season with 496? Impressive right? Well the CHL record goes too:

620 Sorel Eperviers, QMJHL, 1973-74 (70 games)!

Shocking!

Thats insane. Bad year to be a goalie in the "Q"

Three Sorel players, Pierre Larouche, Michel Deziel and Jacques Cossette, had more than 90 goals and 200 points each. Holy crap!

Their goalie that season, Claude Legris, had a GAA of 4.50. So the scoring was justified :lol: Interesting to note that Ray Bourque was a member of this team, and actually is a part of the Epervier hall of fame.

The Eperviers were beaten by the Quebec Remparts in the QMJHL Final that year, not really an upset because the Remparts had 52 wins that year, outstanding but overshadowed by the Eperviers 58 victories.

Also interesting, is that the franchise is now the "Cape Breton Screaming Eagles".

Archived