The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Blazers thread [WHL]

pwnstar

Next game vs Everett, should be a interesting game

Going with a friend. Oslanski and Cotton are the ones that threw water at me and my brother last time (again, we were heckling the bench and deserved it) but me and a friend will be back and Oslanski and the 'Tips are going to be heckled all night long! Go Blazers :towel:

Going with a friend. Oslanski and Cotton are the ones that threw water at me and my brother last time (again, we were heckling the bench and deserved it) but me and a friend will be back and Oslanski and the 'Tips are going to be heckled all night long! Go Blazers :towel:

Hahah thats classic, bet they'll have the water ready this time.

A94T6581copy13412.jpgvia blazerhockey.com

BLAZERS CLINCH PLAYOFF SPOT WITH 6-0 WIN

7-Feb-13 The Blazers have punched their ticket to the 2013 WHL playoffs with a 6-0 home ice win over the injury riddled Everett Silvertips. Cole Ully had two goals and an assist, JC Lipon had the Gordie Howe hat-trick with a goal, an assist and a fight, while Brendan Ranford and Colin Smith each finished with two assists on the night. Cole Cheveldave recorded his third shutout of the season making 20 saves in goal.

Cole Ully gave the Blazers a lead 5:48 into the game. Matt Needham created a turnover behind the 'Tips goal and centered it to Ully who put home his 18th goal of the season for a 1-0 Blazers lead. The Blazers outshot the 'Tips 11-9 in the first period.

Ully extended the lead for the Blazers on a create offensive rush. Colin Smith fed Tim Bozon who slid it over to Ully for his 19th goal of the season to make it 2-0. Give credit to the Silvertips though as they didn't lay down in this one. They created a few good chances in the period, but Cheveldave made a couple of big saves to perserve the lead. The 'Tips best chance was off an offensive zone faceoff when Ryan Harrison rung a shot off the post. Defenseman Tyler Hansen put the dagger on the Silvertips with two minutes to play in the period. Colin Smith centered it to Hansen who scored his third goal of the season to make it 3-0 through two periods.

The Blazers got better as the game went on and proved it in the third period. They scored three times as JC Lipon, Marek Hrbas and Dylan Willick added goals to give the Blazers a 6-0 victory.

Goaltender Cole Cheveldave was steady all night in making 20 saves for the shutout. The Blazers were 0-for-3 on the power play tonight while the 'Tips finished 0-for-1.

The Blazers will finish off the week with a game against the Red Deer Rebels on home ice Saturday night.

Anyone else excited for this weekend's home-and-home with Kelowna?! My grandpa (the awesome awesome person that he is) got me tix for the game in Kelowna so I'll be at both, and it's gonna be a DAMN good weekend of Blazerhockey!

I'm totally looking past Vancouver on Wednesday. Hopefully the team doesn't do the same.

Anyone else excited for this weekend's home-and-home with Kelowna?! My grandpa (the awesome awesome person that he is) got me tix for the game in Kelowna so I'll be at both, and it's gonna be a DAMN good weekend of Blazerhockey!

I'm totally looking past Vancouver on Wednesday. Hopefully the team doesn't do the same.

Righteous, go troll the kelowna fans, i bet its already really nice down here...

BLAZERS TEAMS INDUCTED INTO B.C. HOCKEY HALL OF FAME

Kamloops, BC – The British Columbia Hockey Hall of Fame announced this morning that Kamloops native and Blazers owner Mark Recchi along with the 1993-94 and 1994-95 Memorial Cup winning Kamloops Blazers teams will be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Mark Recchi played junior hockey with the Kamloops Blazers from 1986-88 prior to playing 22 seasons in the NHL. He played 1652 NHL games recording 577 goals and 1533 points. Recchi’s resume also includes three Stanley Cup Championships with Pittsburgh in 1991, Carolina in 2006 and Boston in 2011.

The Kamloops Blazers teams of 1993-94 and 1994-95 were led by Head Coach Don Hay and General Manager Bob Brown. The Blazers won back-to-back Memorial Cups and completed a stretch of winning three Memorial Cups in four seasons. Many great players came from those powerhouse teams including current Blazers owners Jarome Iginla and Shane Doan. Other standout players included Hnat Domenichelli, Nolan Baumgartner, Jason Strudwick, Darcy Tucker, Brad Lukowich, Tyson Nash and Ryan Huska.

Recchi and the 1993-94, 1994-95 Kamloops Blazers teams will be inducted with Nancy Wilson, Paul Kariya, Marc Crawford, and Colin Patterson.

The 2013 B.C. Hockey Hall of Fame induction ceremony will be held in Penticton on Friday, July 26th, 2013 at the South Okanagan Events Centre.

Archived