The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Blazers thread [WHL]

pwnstar

Rockets win in the shootout! Sorry Blazers fans! :bigblush:

Well I must say, the Rockets looked great last night. I am not taking anything away from them, but if we have Herrod in our lineup it is a different story, we had to use gaudet up at forward last night and his natural position is defence. It was a hard fought game. What I have to ask of you is, how can this rockets team be under .500, must be lacking some will to win or something along those lines. Becasue they have all the skill in the world.

Well I must say, the Rockets looked great last night. I am not taking anything away from them, but if we have Herrod in our lineup it is a different story, we had to use gaudet up at forward last night and his natural position is defence. It was a hard fought game. What I have to ask of you is, how can this rockets team be under .500, must be lacking some will to win or something along those lines. Becasue they have all the skill in the world.

Well, my dad and I have a running joke about them. Every time a player fans or misses a wide open net, we call it a case of "Rocketitis." I don't think I've seen a team miss so many golden opportunities so consistently. Plus Astles and Heffley have both been out for a while, and we just got Severson back last night. Plus they seem to have an issue with showing up early. Usually they have a good first few shifts, but then they slow down until usually late in the second, by which they's usually trailing. Then they pour it on and try to "windaturd." It was a great game last night though! The Blazers are a great team and any time my boys gain a point on them I'm happy!

BLAZERS WIN AN ENTERTAINING GAME 4-1 AT HOME

1-Feb-12 The Blazers made a statement tonight beating the Spokane Chiefs 4-1 on home ice. The Chiefs were 6-0-0-1 in their past seven games and one of the hottest teams in the WHL. With the win the Blazers open up a four point lead in the WHL's overall standings. Matt Needham opened the scoring for the Blazers in the first period. Dylan Willick fed him the puck in front and Needham banged it in for his 9th of the season to take a 1-0 lead after the first period.

The Chiefs evened the game in the second period. Dominik Uher, who scored four goals last night, had a shot go off a Blazers defender and in to make it a 1-1 game. The Blazers had a few great chances in the third period including Brendan Ranford getting robbed by goaltender Mac Engel. The game remained 1-1 through two periods.

The Blazers owned the the Chiefs in the third period. The majority of the play was spent in the Chiefs zone but goaltender Mac Engel, who was the game's second star, stopped the door. After Chiefs defenseman Corbin Baldwin took a 5-minute major for a check to the head, the Blazers capitalized. Brandon Herrod scored four on four to make it 2-1. Shortly after Brendan Ranford scored his 27th goal of the year to make it 3-1. The Blazers then put the game away as Austin Madaisky scored on the power play to make it 4-1. The Blazers dominated the Chiefs in the third period outshooting the Chiefs 11-1.

Cole Cheveldave earned the win with 17 saves in goal while Mac Engel was solid for the Chiefs making 24 saves for the Chiefs. The Blazers hit the road this weekend as they play in Vancouver on Friday night and in Seattle on Saturday.

WOW! there you go folks, Blazers are rollin, and Americans are slowin. Blazers are gonna have a firm grasp on 1st in the west by the end of this weekend, im calling it. I am getting super excited for the playoff run! I hope our boys got it when it counts! I dont doubt there ability, but the lack of playoff experience might play into their minds. Would be awesome to get some new banners up in the ISC. It is looking like division is locked up, which will be at least 1 new banner. :bigblush:

Archived