1195 replies to this topic

#301 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,028 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

Great effort Blazers. Too bad you fell one short, but you guys should be proud of your team. They made Kamloops proud.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#302 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

never backed down, never got swept, never gave up

hopefully keep this thread going next season a well, see yall then :towel:

Edited by pwnstar, 19 April 2012 - 07:07 AM.

Posted Image

#303 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

Grats Hawks, great run Boys! we will get em next year!

Posted Image

#304 Bite me Burr

Bite me Burr

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

What a last game at home!
Best crowd I've seen since back in the day. Electric.

Amazing, epic comeback.
CHARACTER AND TOUGHNESS

#305 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

Okay, so as far as I see it this is how our roster stands for next year.

Ranford - Smith - Depape

Bozon - Needham - Lipon

Hanes - Sterzer - Willick

Balson - ???? - Trzonkowski

Madaisky - Hrbas

Hansen - Bell

Cross - Gaudet

Cheveldave

Lanigan

Kozun

This roster means that none of our players stay in the NHL (which they probably won't)

What do you guys think, Where do we need to improve?

Posted Image

#306 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

congrats to Tim Bozon who was selected by the Canadiens and Colin Smith who was selected by Colorado!!!

Posted Image

#307 WetPaint

WetPaint

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:30 AM

Go Blazers

#308 Bite me Burr

Bite me Burr

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

Hanes needs to go.
If you're gonna bother dressing a scrappy 4th line winger, why dress the leagues smallest? He was a punching bag. Role players should be the best available. Also, the Blazers are on the small side as it is.

Looking forward to seeing what Neeham can do this year as well as that Turner kid.

I really hope Bonner finds a big, rough top 6 forward.

Not sure who I'd give the C to this year. Willick.

The first game last season was on a beauty 30 degree night. What about this year...

Edited by Jim Lahey, 15 July 2012 - 11:04 AM.

CHARACTER AND TOUGHNESS

#309 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

Hanes needs to go.
If you're gonna bother dressing a scrappy 4th line winger, why dress the leagues smallest? He was a punching bag. Role players should be the best available. Also, the Blazers are on the small side as it is.

Looking forward to seeing what Neeham can do this year as well as that Turner kid.

I really hope Bonner finds a big, rough top 6 forward.

Not sure who I'd give the C to this year. Willick.

The first game last season was on a beauty 30 degree night. What about this year...

I agree with everything you said. I would give Willick the C, I don't remember a time where he wasn't workin hard.

Posted Image

#310 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

I agree with everything you said. I would give Willick the C, I don't remember a time where he wasn't workin hard.

i agree, willick had a lot of heart last season

Posted Image

#311 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

http://www.blazerhoc...summer-u18-camp

great little tidbit on Needham and his selection to the U18 camp

Posted Image

#312 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

Don't live in kamloops anymore, but Will never change junior alliances.

GO BLAZERS

Posted Image

#313 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

Okay, so as far as I see it this is how our roster stands for next year.

Ranford - Smith - Depape

Bozon - Needham - Lipon

Hanes - Sterzer - Willick

Balson - ???? - Trzonkowski

Madaisky - Hrbas

Hansen - Bell

Cross - Gaudet

Cheveldave

Lanigan

Kozun

This roster means that none of our players stay in the NHL (which they probably won't)

What do you guys think, Where do we need to improve?

Couple of tweaks to your roster.

Lanigan has been traded to Portland, so all eyes are on Taran Kozun to back up Cheveldave.

Hanes was a great role player a couple years ago, but kind of lost it last year. Going in to his 20 year old year, I really don't think it would serve the team well to keep him...not when we can have an offensively skilled 20 year old fill that spot.

Jordan Thomson could also make a push for that sixth defensive spot. He's a tremendous skater and his ability to see up ice and pass the puck is remarkable.

We'll see how the roster fills out after the Rookie Camp this week. GO BLAZERS!

/=S=/

#314 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:00 PM

Couple of tweaks to your roster.

Lanigan has been traded to Portland, so all eyes are on Taran Kozun to back up Cheveldave.

Hanes was a great role player a couple years ago, but kind of lost it last year. Going in to his 20 year old year, I really don't think it would serve the team well to keep him...not when we can have an offensively skilled 20 year old fill that spot.

Jordan Thomson could also make a push for that sixth defensive spot. He's a tremendous skater and his ability to see up ice and pass the puck is remarkable.

We'll see how the roster fills out after the Rookie Camp this week. GO BLAZERS!

My biggest question is too do with our 20yr olds.

If Madaisky has a great camp at the AHL level he may stay there, and then we have no issues, but if he comes back, we have until sometime in october to get down to 3 Overage players.

Madaisky
Ranford
Depape
Willick

I dunno what I would do. We want to retain best chance to win, but we also need to get some 17-18 yr olds with good potential

Posted Image

#315 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

My biggest question is too do with our 20yr olds.

If Madaisky has a great camp at the AHL level he may stay there, and then we have no issues, but if he comes back, we have until sometime in october to get down to 3 Overage players.

Madaisky
Ranford
Depape
Willick

I dunno what I would do. We want to retain best chance to win, but we also need to get some 17-18 yr olds with good potential

If I were GM Bonner, in the case that Madaisky returns, I'd part ways with Depape. Madaisky is one of our top two defensemen. He plays two ways, in that he is responsible in the Blazers' end as well as very skilled offensively. Hopefully he impresses at an AHL camp, but not so much that they keep him...he's probably my favorite defenseman on the team :bigblush:

Willick has been the heart and soul of the Blazers for the past two seasons. While he hasn't been our "offensive superstar", he's been Kamloops' version of "Jannik Hansen" - our own honey badger. He never takes a shift off, and plays for the name on the front of the jersey rather than the back.

Ranford pretty well speaks for himself. He was unbelievable last year, the true sniper we've lacked for the last decade or so. Hopefully he sticks around for his 20 year old year - if we're to do anything substantial this season we'll need a healthy Ranford on top of his game.

This leaves DePape as the most expendable. He played well when he returned from injury last year, but in all honesty, I don't see him sticking around. He's probably the weakest offensively of the three forwards listed, and his defensive game isn't all too sound (granted, Ranford's defensive game is absoloutely atrocious). Maybe it's just because I haven't been too fond of him since we aquired him from Brandon, but I see him being the most expendable.

Whoever goes, I've come to trust Bonner enough to know he'll make the right move. He's turned this team into a perennial contender in the Western Conference, and the whole WHL. Can't wait for Exhibition Game #1 on Thursday! Go Blazers! :towel:

/=S=/

#316 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:39 AM

If I were GM Bonner, in the case that Madaisky returns, I'd part ways with Depape. Madaisky is one of our top two defensemen. He plays two ways, in that he is responsible in the Blazers' end as well as very skilled offensively. Hopefully he impresses at an AHL camp, but not so much that they keep him...he's probably my favorite defenseman on the team :bigblush:

Willick has been the heart and soul of the Blazers for the past two seasons. While he hasn't been our "offensive superstar", he's been Kamloops' version of "Jannik Hansen" - our own honey badger. He never takes a shift off, and plays for the name on the front of the jersey rather than the back.

Ranford pretty well speaks for himself. He was unbelievable last year, the true sniper we've lacked for the last decade or so. Hopefully he sticks around for his 20 year old year - if we're to do anything substantial this season we'll need a healthy Ranford on top of his game.

This leaves DePape as the most expendable. He played well when he returned from injury last year, but in all honesty, I don't see him sticking around. He's probably the weakest offensively of the three forwards listed, and his defensive game isn't all too sound (granted, Ranford's defensive game is absoloutely atrocious). Maybe it's just because I haven't been too fond of him since we aquired him from Brandon, but I see him being the most expendable.

Whoever goes, I've come to trust Bonner enough to know he'll make the right move. He's turned this team into a perennial contender in the Western Conference, and the whole WHL. Can't wait for Exhibition Game #1 on Thursday! Go Blazers! :towel:

That's a great post. I agree with everything you said. Unfortunately, I had to move to Prince George this summer and now I am stuck watching the games on WHL live. If the prices are similar to last year it is like $30 dollars for 10 games. Only problem is trying to sync up the NL broadcast with the video (when were away) is a little tough, but its not that bad, I wish they had a way for the user to choose which broadcast to listen to. But I can' complain, this will be an interesting season, and I hope we keep this thread active. It could be a special season! On a sidenote, I get to watch three games up here in PG, two in January and then the last game of the season.

Posted Image

#317 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

Planning on seeing a game in every BC Division building this year - including a double header in both PG and Victoria. Hoping it pans out.

/=S=/

#318 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

Planning on seeing a game in every BC Division building this year - including a double header in both PG and Victoria. Hoping it pans out.

I'll be at all blazers games in PG, that is where I live now

Posted Image

#319 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

i might make my way up to PG for a game or two this year, but mostly I'll be heading down to Kamloops

can't wait for things to get started

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#320 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:33 AM

Have either fo you guys been to games in PG? I have not, and I am wondering where the best place to sit is, I know they don't get many people out to the games, but have heard that is because they are bad. When they do well the arena becomes quite full.

Posted Image

#321 Martin Frk

Martin Frk

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:54 AM

Anyone else miss the Iginla days.....man.... those were good
Posted Image
Cred to Lemons

#322 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

Stop living in the past, man. Live in the now!

Have either fo you guys been to games in PG? I have not, and I am wondering where the best place to sit is, I know they don't get many people out to the games, but have heard that is because they are bad. When they do well the arena becomes quite full.

never been to PG lol, sorry can't help you

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#323 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:03 AM

I wasn't quite old enough to fully enjoy those days, but dare I say there will never be a CHL dynasty like that again.

Posted Image

#324 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

It seats approximately 100-200 more than the ISC in Kamloops, I'm assuming as in any arena sitting in the middle of the bowl between either of the blue lines is where you'll get the best views. Although, sitting directly behind the opponents' bench is always a load of fun :P

/=S=/

#325 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

Unfortunately, I too was not old enough to enjoy the dynasty of the '90s...but my grandparents and both of my uncles were (still are) season ticket holders back then, and I've heard it was unbelievable.

I have a Legends t-shirt autographed by Iginla, Sydor, Niedermayer, Doan, Tucker, Huska, Reaugh and Nash...unbelievable players, hard to believe they ALL played on the team. As well as all of the other Recchi's, Hawgood's, Brown's etc..

/=S=/

#326 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:52 AM

Unfortunately, I too was not old enough to enjoy the dynasty of the '90s...but my grandparents and both of my uncles were (still are) season ticket holders back then, and I've heard it was unbelievable.

I have a Legends t-shirt autographed by Iginla, Sydor, Niedermayer, Doan, Tucker, Huska, Reaugh and Nash...unbelievable players, hard to believe they ALL played on the team. As well as all of the other Recchi's, Hawgood's, Brown's etc..

So much good paraphernalia from around this era. I have a stick signed by the 94' - 95 team!

Posted Image

#327 Bite me Burr

Bite me Burr

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

I was there. I went to school with some of these guys as well at KSS and NorKam.

They were top notch people too.

The thing people never talk about with the Blazers was how tough they were. They were amoung the toughest teams, laiden with heart and character. Growing up with this, and the old Canucks teams, has created this mean old bastard I am known as today on CDC.

The Sedin era Canucks as well as the modern smurfish Blazers both make me shake my head in reference. It is what it is.

The old Blazers were too powefull and scary to stop. Not so much anymore, but they have a ton of puck luck. Its hard not to cheer for the underdog that has been the Blazers for the past decade or more. Last year was entertaining, but you just knew they were too damn small, like the Canucks, to do any damage in the playoffs. Still, you cheer until you lose your voice.

Great city, great hockey town, but the storied Blazers are no closer this year than say, the last 10, in standing a chance at the final dance. They lack the muscle to push through the wall. Please Bonner, please learn this. Then tell Gillis.
CHARACTER AND TOUGHNESS

#328 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

I was there. I went to school with some of these guys as well at KSS and NorKam.

They were top notch people too.

The thing people never talk about with the Blazers was how tough they were. They were amoung the toughest teams, laiden with heart and character. Growing up with this, and the old Canucks teams, has created this mean old bastard I am known as today on CDC.

The Sedin era Canucks as well as the modern smurfish Blazers both make me shake my head in reference. It is what it is.

The old Blazers were too powefull and scary to stop. Not so much anymore, but they have a ton of puck luck. Its hard not to cheer for the underdog that has been the Blazers for the past decade or more. Last year was entertaining, but you just knew they were too damn small, like the Canucks, to do any damage in the playoffs. Still, you cheer until you lose your voice.

Great city, great hockey town, but the storied Blazers are no closer this year than say, the last 10, in standing a chance at the final dance. They lack the muscle to push through the wall. Please Bonner, please learn this. Then tell Gillis.

The Blazers of old were something really special. It was a type of domination that is never going to be repeated again, probably not at any level of hockey. The type of players we iced back in the day were of a special breed, and I think it all had to do with our scouting. Sure, we had unbelievable coaches, but it all came down to the players we drafted. I think Guy Charron is the "guy" who can lead this team back to junior hockey supremacy, coach wise (although not on the same level as the 90's), but I think it'll be another year or two - let the young guys develop and grow, I think we're almost there.

/=S=/

#329 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

Posted Image

BLAZERS HOST GIANTS IN PRESEASON GAME TONIGHT

5-Sep-12

The Kamloops Blazers renew acquaintances with the division rival Vancouver Giants tonight in a WHL preseason game. The Blazers are 2-0-0-0 in the preseason coming off a home-and-home series win over the Victoria Royals in the first week of the WHL preseason. The Giants are 1-1-0-0 splitting a home-and-home affair with the Kelowna Rockets.

Courtesy of: blazerhockey.com

/=S=/

#330 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:32 PM

Blazers top Giants in hard fought, physical battle

After a sloppy, scoreless opening period between the Kamloops Blazers (3-0) and Vancouver Giants (1-2), the match-up had all the signs of being a typical pre-season matchup. Low tempo, lots of neutral zone play, not a lot of shots, and fewer goals. Well, both teams came out flying in the second period and by the time all was said and done, 11 goals had been scored.

The uneventful first period watched the teams trade chances, but neither team could beat their opposing goaltenders, as both Tyler Fuhr and Taran Kozun stopped 10 of 10 heading into the intermission. The teams were also even in penalties, with two apiece.

The game became interesting, and very physical, in the second period. Under two minutes into the period, Anthony Ast received a five minute major and was ejected from the game after a cheap shot elbow to the head of third year Blazer forward Chase Souto. Ast was originally sent to the penalty box, which drew the ire of the 925 fans in the ISC seats. After a slight review, referee Jeff Ingram determined it was a misconduct, and Ast skated to the showers, head down. The Blazers recorded three goals in the period. Two on breakaways, as Cole Ully skated in alone and fired a wrister into the top corner past Fuhr's glove. At about the midway mark, Dylan Willick was sent in alone by Brendan Ranford and buried his first of two on the night. Seconds later, Rob Trzonkowski banged home a rebound and put the Blazers up by three. The Giants got two back, from Ales Kilnar and Cain Franson, but Brendan Ranford scored his first of two on a bang home rebound play. Early in the period, third year defenceman Tyler Hansen caught Marek Tvrdon with his head down and absoloutely clocked him, which brought fans to their feet and had both benches standing. Later in the period, Hansen caught Ales Kilnar, also with his head down, and caught him in the trolley tracks. John Niebrandt tried to engage Hansen, who refused to fight, and instead of defending Niebrandt watched as the Blazers took the puck up ice and put it in the net.

The Giants came within a goal, twice in the third period, but the Blazers kept the pedal to the metal and Brendan Ranford sealed the deal with just under two minutes to go, picking up a loose puck in the slot and snapping it low on Jackson Whistle. Jordan DePape added an empty netter to seal the 7-4 victory, and send the 925 diehard fans home happy.

These two teams will hook up again in Ladner, BC on Friday September 7. Game time is 7pm.

/=S=/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.