SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

BLAZERS WIN 5-4 OVER GIANTS

7-Sep-12

The Kamloops Blazers improved their WHL preseason record to 4-0-0-0 as the beat the Vancouver Giants 5-4 in overtime on Friday night in Ladner. The Giants held the lead for most of the game and opened the scoring in the first period. John Neibrandt opened the scoring for the Giants at 11:39 of the first period. The Giants built on that lead as Nathan Burns was sent in alone and beat goaltender Cole Cheveldave to make it 2-0. The Blazers cut the lead to 2-1 as Mitch Friesen snapped a shot in on the power play with 20 seconds left in the period. It was the 16-year-old’s first goal of the WHL preseason.
The Blazers seemed to have a bit more jump in the second period but Giants starter Liam Liston was solid in goal. He stopped 18 of 19 shots as 16-year-old Payton Lee replaced him half way through the second period. Lee was sharp early stopping Matt Needham on a breakaway. The Giants turned it up a notch in the last few minutes of the second period. They extended their lead when Riley Kieser banged home a rebound to make it 3-1 Giants going into the third period.
In the third period, the Giants extended their lead as Taylor Makin tipped home a shot from Wes Vannieuwenhuizen to make it 4-1. It looked as though the game was over, but the Blazers chipped away. Cole Ully responded with a goal less than a minute later as Needham stole a puck and fed Ully for his second goal of the preseason. The Blazers made it 4-3 with just under five minutes left as Ully gave a pass to Rob Trzonkowski who scored his second goal of the preseason. The Blazers completed the comeback as Colin Smith tied it up with 56 seconds left in the game as the Blazers had an extra attacker on the ice.
The Blazers were terrific in the overtime. They carried the play and were given a power play with just over 17 seconds left to play. JC Lipon converted a goal as his shot from the top of the circles with 1.8 seconds left gave the Blazers a 5-4 win.
The Blazers finished the game going 2-for-4 on the power play, while the Giants were 0-for-7. Cole Cheveldave earned the win making 32 saves while Payton Lee took the loss stopping 10 of 14 shots.
The Blazers will play one final preseason game as they host the Prince George Cougars on Friday, September 14th at the Interior Savings Centre starting at 7:00pm.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#332 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

Comeback... now where have I seen that before?

Posted Image

#333 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:56 PM

Ahh please don't mention game 6! I had moved to Calgary, and wasn't able to go to the game..I was even planning on calling in sick that day to fly home for the game, and didnt! I REALLY wish I would have :(

But anyways, Blazers are 4-0 in the preseason. It is just preseason, but this team looks stellar.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#334 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:30 AM

pretty good pre season. looks like bozon put on some muscle

Posted Image

#335 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:04 PM

pretty good pre season. looks like bozon put on some muscle

Glad to hear, I went to a Cougars pre season game vs The oil kings last night, Oil kings were all over them, and without their top line.

Looks like another year of kamloops dominating PG

Posted Image

#336 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

Glad to hear, I went to a Cougars pre season game vs The oil kings last night, Oil kings were all over them, and without their top line.

Looks like another year of kamloops dominating PG

booooyah, gota get some home tix when the cougz come to the loops

Posted Image

#337 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

You guys ready for this season! starts on friday!! Me thinks i'll get one of those new 3rd jerseys, I have always been a fan of the dark blue and white colour scheme.

Posted Image

#338 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

You guys ready for this season! starts on friday!! Me thinks i'll get one of those new 3rd jerseys, I have always been a fan of the dark blue and white colour scheme.

Going to be a fantastic season opener! Can't buy tickets until Friday evening, so hopefully there will be some left!!!

As for the third jerseys, they look slick...just gorgeous. I'm thinking of getting one myself.

Buckle up, Blazers fans! It's going to be an unreal season! Go Blazers!
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#339 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

Great game tonight, I literally jumped about two feet in the air when Bozon scored in overtime. then threw my hat on the ice about a full minute late when the announcer said it was his third of the night lol. Damn it's nice to have hockey back.

Sucks that both Bell and Cheveldave went down with injury. Hope Chevy's isn't serious, but I'm worried Bell's might be, he was on the ice for quite a while and didn't come back. Also, it was scary to see Smith go down from boarding, glad he got back into the game.

edit: also, was a pretty packed house, only about 400 short of a sellout. though it should have sold out on a home opener when raising a banner

Edited by GodzillaDeuce, 21 September 2012 - 10:27 PM.

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#340 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

Bring on the rematch maybe Kelowna will get the PP's tonight.

Hard to win when they're 11 to 5 in favour of a team as strong as the Blazers.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#341 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

If Chevy is out.... which I am very sure of, we will have a really tough time winning. Kozun looked very shaky.

My prediction: 5-3 rockets, I hope im wrong

Posted Image

#342 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

Rockets need to learn how to hit.

Huska was going nuts at how many penalties the Blazers were getting, but each and every one of them were deserved.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#343 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

Great game tonight, I literally jumped about two feet in the air when Bozon scored in overtime. then threw my hat on the ice about a full minute late when the announcer said it was his third of the night lol. Damn it's nice to have hockey back.

Sucks that both Bell and Cheveldave went down with injury. Hope Chevy's isn't serious, but I'm worried Bell's might be, he was on the ice for quite a while and didn't come back. Also, it was scary to see Smith go down from boarding, glad he got back into the game.

edit: also, was a pretty packed house, only about 400 short of a sellout. though it should have sold out on a home opener when raising a banner

Banner raising was fantastic, they did a really good job!!! Hope Chevy is back soon!

Fans were fantastic, team played well...it was a great opening night.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#344 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

Well I hope the Rockets can play more disciplined tonight! If they can I see no reason why they can't win this one in Regulation and take the home and home series ;)

Who do you guys think will win the BC division this year? Or what will be the final BC div rankings?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#345 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

Who do you guys think will win the BC division this year?

Blazers of course :P

#346 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

Well I hope the Rockets can play more disciplined tonight! If they can I see no reason why they can't win this one in Regulation and take the home and home series ;)

Who do you guys think will win the BC division this year? Or what will be the final BC div rankings?

BC Division rankings:

Kamloops
Victoria
Kelowna
Vancouver
Prince George

You heard it here first ;)
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#347 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

BC Division rankings:

Kamloops
Victoria
Kelowna
Vancouver
Prince George

Kamloops
Victoria
Kelowna
Prince George
Vancouver

PG looks better than last year, Vancouver doesn't

Posted Image

#348 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

Kamloops
Victoria
Kelowna
Prince George
Vancouver

PG looks better than last year, Vancouver doesn't

PG looks better than last year, but never count out a Don Hay team.

Either way, I think it'll be a toss up between the Giants and Cougars for the cellar in the BC Div.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#349 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Tyler Hansen just left the game on a stretcher, Jon Keen said what is being treated as a leg or head injury, or a combination of both. Combine that with injuries to Cheveldave (who is expected back next week) and Tyler Bell, the injury bug is biting the Blazers early.

Yikes.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#350 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

Sucks to lose Hansen as well, glad the Blazers could get away with 2 wins though

#351 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:57 PM

Well Rockets outshoot the Blazers in both games and both games are close well fought hard played games so I would say the season looks bright for both clubs at this point.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#352 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

Well Rockets outshoot the Blazers in both games and both games are close well fought hard played games so I would say the season looks bright for both clubs at this point.

I am very surprised the Rockets couldn't muster more offense, Home opener and backup goalie in for the blazers.

Honestly, no lead is safe vs the Blazers. They believe they can come back in any game, almost incredible how often they do it actually. Come to think of it, thats not a good thing haha, trailing into the third can't become a habit. This team could have multiple 100 pt scorers this yr, I expect big things.

Posted Image

#353 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

BC Division rankings:

Kamloops
Victoria
Kelowna
Vancouver
Prince George

These are my thoughts as well.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#354 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

Actually, Blazers dominated the third period of last nights game, came back to outshoot the Rockets 30-29, I believe.

Rockets achilles heel will be their discipline, or lack thereof.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#355 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

These are my thoughts as well.

Kind of a toss up between Victoria, Kelowna, and PG...each of the three could finish with that 2nd spot, or 4th spot...depends on injuries more or less.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#356 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

Actually, Blazers dominated the third period of last nights game, came back to outshoot the Rockets 30-29, I believe.

Rockets achilles heel will be their discipline, or lack thereof.

whl had it listed 30-29 in favour of Kelowna. But yeah first period shots were 13-5 for Kelowna, second was like 11-10 Kelowna, then third was like first but for Kamloops. Not sure the exact totals but something like that.

The second game was better reffed for the most part except Kelowna getting called for roughing with 2 minutes to go...I mean that sucks :P Should been at least an OT game. Also you're goalie played really solid, kept Kamloops in it through two periods, could been 3 or 4-0.

In anycase I expect each game these two clubs to play to be close like this weekend was. Kamloops is definitely a little better, and a little more disciplined, but maybe Kelowna can figure it out as the season goes on.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#357 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

good start so far, dang i missed out on the home opener, gotta get sum tix asap!

Posted Image

#358 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

Jon Keen@JonKeenNLSports
Blazer F Brendan Ranford @ranford19 is headed to the Hamilton Bulldogs AHL camp this week. FA invite. Was heading to MTL before lockout.

Well without Ranford, who should be slotted into that top line spot? I think Matt Needham, who looked great all weekend, would make a good fit with Willy and DePape...hoping Ranford doesn't make the Bulldogs, so we can have him back. If not, I guess we COULD get Madaisky back.

In any event, it looks like the Lipon - Smith - Bozon line could carry this team. They're dangerous, every shift.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#359 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:29 AM

Jon Keen@JonKeenNLSports
Blazer F Brendan Ranford @ranford19 is headed to the Hamilton Bulldogs AHL camp this week. FA invite. Was heading to MTL before lockout.

Well without Ranford, who should be slotted into that top line spot? I think Matt Needham, who looked great all weekend, would make a good fit with Willy and DePape...hoping Ranford doesn't make the Bulldogs, so we can have him back. If not, I guess we COULD get Madaisky back.

In any event, it looks like the Lipon - Smith - Bozon line could carry this team. They're dangerous, every shift.

TBH, Ranford is great for us, but doesn't have the defensive game to make it there. Don't get me wrong he has improved, but he is still not there on the defensive side of the puck. As for Madaisky, if he made Springfield he would be the 10th Dman... The lockout is going to make it darn near impossible for good players like Madaisky to advance there careers. He will be an absolute stud on Defence this year in the WHL. With Madaisky and the rest of our team healthy, this team could be destined for great things.

Posted Image

#360 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

TBH, Ranford is great for us, but doesn't have the defensive game to make it there. Don't get me wrong he has improved, but he is still not there on the defensive side of the puck. As for Madaisky, if he made Springfield he would be the 10th Dman... The lockout is going to make it darn near impossible for good players like Madaisky to advance there careers. He will be an absolute stud on Defence this year in the WHL. With Madaisky and the rest of our team healthy, this team could be destined for great things.

I agree. As nice as it'd be for Madaisky to stay, and keep our three 20 year olds, Needham looks good wherever you put him, so maybe throw Needham on the Willick - Ranford line (assuming you're correct and he returns), deal DePape (Vancouver is looking for another 20 year old after releasing Makin) and bring in Gelsinger.

We're in good shape, no matter what happens.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.