The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Blazers thread [WHL]

pwnstar

GAME 6!!!, i sure hope kamloops shows up this time. ill be at work, but listening on the radio. we gotta force a game 7, and show the winterhawks that we got the heart and drive. i guess the rose garden helped us B)

GAME 6!!!, i sure hope kamloops shows up this time. ill be at work, but listening on the radio. we gotta force a game 7, and show the winterhawks that we got the heart and drive. i guess the rose garden helped us B)

Could be! do you guys have big ice at home or is it smaller than NHL? I heard people next to me saying that the hawks play better on smaller ice... i hadn't noticed.

Did anyone pay for the Feed? was it way better?

Could be! do you guys have big ice at home or is it smaller than NHL? I heard people next to me saying that the hawks play better on smaller ice... i hadn't noticed.

Did anyone pay for the Feed? was it way better?

Feed was way better than Game 1. And yes the ISC is NHL size ice.

via whl.ca

CALGARY, AB. - The Western Hockey League announced today that Kamloops Blazers forward Brendan Ranford is the WHL Player of the Week.

Ranford picked up six points, scoring three goals and three assists in three games over the past week, helping the Blazers bounced back in their Kal Tire WHL Western Conference semi-final against the Portland Winterhawks.

On Tuesday, April 10th, the Kal Tire WHL Western Conference semi-final shifted back to Kamloops with the Winterhawks leading the series 2-0. In game three, Ranford scored one goal and one assist in a game that saw the Winterhawks take a 3-0 series lead downing the Blazers 5-2. The next night, Wednesday, April 11th, Ranford scored one goal, added two assists and was named the games 3rd Star as the Blazers staved off elimination with a 5-4 comeback win. On Saturday, April 14th, at the Rose Garden in Portland, the Winterhawks hosted the Blazers in game five, leading the series 3-1. Ranford scored one goal in the Blazers 7-2 triumph over the Winterhawks.

With the series now 3-2 in favor of the Portland Winterhawks, the Kal Tire WHL Western Conference semi-final heads back to Kamloops for game six on Monday, April 16th - 7:00pm at the Interior Savings Centre.

A 19-year-old from Edmonton, AB, Ranford is in his fourth full season with the Kamloops Blazers. He was a 15th overall selection in the 2007 WHL Draft and was a 7th round pick by the Philadelphia Flyers in the 2010 NHL Draft.

I thought Kamloops was gone....I missed a few days and just checked what happened. Amazingly now back in it and down only 3-2 instead of 3-0.

If they can do it the Canucks can do it.

Fills me with confidence it does.

What a game, the ISC was just going nuts from 15mins left in the 3rd when the Blazers made it 5-3. I am so glad I was at the game, just unreal.

Portland has got to be worried now. That's two times they've given up big leads and they got destroyed in their barn in Game 5. Kamloops has all the momentum heading into Game 7, anything can happen.

LET'S GO BLAZERS!!!!

One of the best games I have ever seen, this team doesn't quit. The fans were going nuts in the 3rd period, and the Blazers outshot the Hawks 21 - 9 and outscored them 5 to 1. Be afraid Portland, very afraid. Hopefully the Canucks can do the same against the LA Kings.

:emot-parrot::):towel:B)::D:lol::bigblush:

One of the best games I have ever seen, this team doesn't quit. The fans were going nuts in the 3rd period, and the Blazers outshot the Hawks 21 - 9 and outscored them 5 to 1. Be afraid Portland, very afraid. Hopefully the Canucks can do the same against the LA Kings.

Hope someone sends this game film to the Canucks for motivation . Never give up !

Archived