The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Blazers thread [WHL]

pwnstar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay, so as far as I see it this is how our roster stands for next year.

Ranford - Smith - Depape

Bozon - Needham - Lipon

Hanes - Sterzer - Willick

Balson - ???? - Trzonkowski

Madaisky - Hrbas

Hansen - Bell

Cross - Gaudet

Cheveldave

Lanigan

Kozun

This roster means that none of our players stay in the NHL (which they probably won't)

What do you guys think, Where do we need to improve?

• 1 month later...

Hanes needs to go.

If you're gonna bother dressing a scrappy 4th line winger, why dress the leagues smallest? He was a punching bag. Role players should be the best available. Also, the Blazers are on the small side as it is.

Looking forward to seeing what Neeham can do this year as well as that Turner kid.

I really hope Bonner finds a big, rough top 6 forward.

Not sure who I'd give the C to this year. Willick.

The first game last season was on a beauty 30 degree night. What about this year...

Hanes needs to go.

If you're gonna bother dressing a scrappy 4th line winger, why dress the leagues smallest? He was a punching bag. Role players should be the best available. Also, the Blazers are on the small side as it is.

Looking forward to seeing what Neeham can do this year as well as that Turner kid.

I really hope Bonner finds a big, rough top 6 forward.

Not sure who I'd give the C to this year. Willick.

The first game last season was on a beauty 30 degree night. What about this year...

I agree with everything you said. I would give Willick the C, I don't remember a time where he wasn't workin hard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, so as far as I see it this is how our roster stands for next year.

Ranford - Smith - Depape

Bozon - Needham - Lipon

Hanes - Sterzer - Willick

Balson - ???? - Trzonkowski

Madaisky - Hrbas

Hansen - Bell

Cross - Gaudet

Cheveldave

Lanigan

Kozun

This roster means that none of our players stay in the NHL (which they probably won't)

What do you guys think, Where do we need to improve?

Couple of tweaks to your roster.

Lanigan has been traded to Portland, so all eyes are on Taran Kozun to back up Cheveldave.

Hanes was a great role player a couple years ago, but kind of lost it last year. Going in to his 20 year old year, I really don't think it would serve the team well to keep him...not when we can have an offensively skilled 20 year old fill that spot.

Jordan Thomson could also make a push for that sixth defensive spot. He's a tremendous skater and his ability to see up ice and pass the puck is remarkable.

We'll see how the roster fills out after the Rookie Camp this week. GO BLAZERS!

Couple of tweaks to your roster.

Lanigan has been traded to Portland, so all eyes are on Taran Kozun to back up Cheveldave.

Hanes was a great role player a couple years ago, but kind of lost it last year. Going in to his 20 year old year, I really don't think it would serve the team well to keep him...not when we can have an offensively skilled 20 year old fill that spot.

Jordan Thomson could also make a push for that sixth defensive spot. He's a tremendous skater and his ability to see up ice and pass the puck is remarkable.

We'll see how the roster fills out after the Rookie Camp this week. GO BLAZERS!

My biggest question is too do with our 20yr olds.

If Madaisky has a great camp at the AHL level he may stay there, and then we have no issues, but if he comes back, we have until sometime in october to get down to 3 Overage players.

Madaisky

Ranford

Depape

Willick

I dunno what I would do. We want to retain best chance to win, but we also need to get some 17-18 yr olds with good potential

My biggest question is too do with our 20yr olds.

If Madaisky has a great camp at the AHL level he may stay there, and then we have no issues, but if he comes back, we have until sometime in october to get down to 3 Overage players.

Madaisky

Ranford

Depape

Willick

I dunno what I would do. We want to retain best chance to win, but we also need to get some 17-18 yr olds with good potential

If I were GM Bonner, in the case that Madaisky returns, I'd part ways with Depape. Madaisky is one of our top two defensemen. He plays two ways, in that he is responsible in the Blazers' end as well as very skilled offensively. Hopefully he impresses at an AHL camp, but not so much that they keep him...he's probably my favorite defenseman on the team :bigblush:

Willick has been the heart and soul of the Blazers for the past two seasons. While he hasn't been our "offensive superstar", he's been Kamloops' version of "Jannik Hansen" - our own honey badger. He never takes a shift off, and plays for the name on the front of the jersey rather than the back.

Ranford pretty well speaks for himself. He was unbelievable last year, the true sniper we've lacked for the last decade or so. Hopefully he sticks around for his 20 year old year - if we're to do anything substantial this season we'll need a healthy Ranford on top of his game.

This leaves DePape as the most expendable. He played well when he returned from injury last year, but in all honesty, I don't see him sticking around. He's probably the weakest offensively of the three forwards listed, and his defensive game isn't all too sound (granted, Ranford's defensive game is absoloutely atrocious). Maybe it's just because I haven't been too fond of him since we aquired him from Brandon, but I see him being the most expendable.

Whoever goes, I've come to trust Bonner enough to know he'll make the right move. He's turned this team into a perennial contender in the Western Conference, and the whole WHL. Can't wait for Exhibition Game #1 on Thursday! Go Blazers! :towel:

If I were GM Bonner, in the case that Madaisky returns, I'd part ways with Depape. Madaisky is one of our top two defensemen. He plays two ways, in that he is responsible in the Blazers' end as well as very skilled offensively. Hopefully he impresses at an AHL camp, but not so much that they keep him...he's probably my favorite defenseman on the team :bigblush:

Willick has been the heart and soul of the Blazers for the past two seasons. While he hasn't been our "offensive superstar", he's been Kamloops' version of "Jannik Hansen" - our own honey badger. He never takes a shift off, and plays for the name on the front of the jersey rather than the back.

Ranford pretty well speaks for himself. He was unbelievable last year, the true sniper we've lacked for the last decade or so. Hopefully he sticks around for his 20 year old year - if we're to do anything substantial this season we'll need a healthy Ranford on top of his game.

This leaves DePape as the most expendable. He played well when he returned from injury last year, but in all honesty, I don't see him sticking around. He's probably the weakest offensively of the three forwards listed, and his defensive game isn't all too sound (granted, Ranford's defensive game is absoloutely atrocious). Maybe it's just because I haven't been too fond of him since we aquired him from Brandon, but I see him being the most expendable.

Whoever goes, I've come to trust Bonner enough to know he'll make the right move. He's turned this team into a perennial contender in the Western Conference, and the whole WHL. Can't wait for Exhibition Game #1 on Thursday! Go Blazers! :towel:

That's a great post. I agree with everything you said. Unfortunately, I had to move to Prince George this summer and now I am stuck watching the games on WHL live. If the prices are similar to last year it is like $30 dollars for 10 games. Only problem is trying to sync up the NL broadcast with the video (when were away) is a little tough, but its not that bad, I wish they had a way for the user to choose which broadcast to listen to. But I can' complain, this will be an interesting season, and I hope we keep this thread active. It could be a special season! On a sidenote, I get to watch three games up here in PG, two in January and then the last game of the season.

Have either fo you guys been to games in PG? I have not, and I am wondering where the best place to sit is, I know they don't get many people out to the games, but have heard that is because they are bad. When they do well the arena becomes quite full.

Archived