The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Blazers thread [WHL]

pwnstar

Well, we're back where we started, when it comes to this thread.

Blazers (4-0-0-1) host Medicine Hat (3-2-1-0) tonight.

Hunter Shinkaruk looks like the guy to watch on the Tiger side of the ice, with 8 points through his first six games. Neither of the Med. Hat goalies look all that sharp as both guys have a save % under .890 and a GAA of at least 2.98.

Last night the Tigers were hammered 6-1 by the lowly Giants, and from what I've heard were very physical in the opening 20. They'll be coming out hard tonight.

Going to be another good'n tonight! Let's go Blazers!! :towel:

Well, we're back where we started, when it comes to this thread.

Blazers (4-0-0-1) host Medicine Hat (3-2-1-0) tonight.

Hunter Shinkaruk looks like the guy to watch on the Tiger side of the ice, with 8 points through his first six games. Neither of the Med. Hat goalies look all that sharp as both guys have a save % under .890 and a GAA of at least 2.98.

Last night the Tigers were hammered 6-1 by the lowly Giants, and from what I've heard were very physical in the opening 20. They'll be coming out hard tonight.

Going to be another good'n tonight! Let's go Blazers!! :towel:

if we can keep shinkaruk in check it should be a win, with that said,, nothing is ever forsure

if we can keep shinkaruk in check it should be a win, with that said,, nothing is ever forsure

Two rookie goalies who have looked anything but sharp in their respective starts, a young defensive line-up, and some unproven, undisciplined forwards...by all accounts its going to be a Blazer runaway. But, like you said, nothing is ever for sure.

awesome game, Chevy was great again, made some huge, key saves in the third

also, you guys might be interested to know that I partook in my first wave tonight lol. was with a buddy and he was like "hey, why aren't you doing the wave?" and so I was like "ok", then did the wave

it was awkward

awesome game, Chevy was great again, made some huge, key saves in the third

also, you guys might be interested to know that I partook in my first wave tonight lol. was with a buddy and he was like "hey, why aren't you doing the wave?" and so I was like "ok", then did the wave

it was awkward

Right on! Waves are awesome!

Lipon, Smith, and Bozon were on fire tonight! 9 pts. combined! This team looks almost unstoppable!

HK4L7038%20copy%2011149.jpg

BLAZERS EARN 4-1 HOME ICE VICTORY

The Blazers played a great game in a 4-1 home ice victory over the Medicine Hat Tigers on Saturday night. The line of Colin Smith, Tim Bozon, and JC Lipon were terrific combining for nine points in the victory.

The first period was scoreless, but the Blazers controlled the period. They outshot the Tigers 16-8 and spent most of the period in the offensive zone. When the Tigers had chances, goaltender Cole Cheveldave was steady in goal.

The Blazers got on the scoreboard in the second period. JC Lipon set up Tim Bozon for his 5th goal of the season to make it 1-0 2:23 into the period. The Blazers continued their strong play in the second period and were rewarded as the period carried on. 16-year-old defenseman Jordan Thomson scored a nifty goal. He had the puck just below the Tigers goal line and made goaltender Dawson MacAuley move as he snuck a puck underneath him to give the Blazers a 2-0 lead with 3:15 left to play in the period. The Tigers worked hard all night and scored a goal with 1:32 to play in the period. Miles Koules got to a puck immediately off a face-off and fired it on net to make it 2-1 going into the third period.

The Tigers did not stop working as they continued to try and tie the game up. The Blazers continued to be a step ahead and were rewarded with a power play midway through the period. Brendan Ranford gave it to Colin Smith in the slot, Smith dished it to Bozon at the side of the net and Bozon fed JC Lipon for a wide open net to make it 3-1. Goaltender Dawson MacAuley did not have a chance on the play, as the Blazers continued to improve their power play percentage. The Tigers fought to get back into it, but Lipon iced it with an empty net goal with 1:22 to play.

Cole Cheveldave improved to 3-0-0-0 making 21 saves. The Blazers were 1-for-2 on the power play and 4-for-4 on the penalty kill. The Blazers outshot the Tigers 37-22 in the game.

wow, sounded like a grrreat performance! I forget where i read it, but i read somewhere that columbus only wanted to keep madaisky in springfield if he was gonna be top 5 dman it is not looking like that is gonna happen, i belive that the blazers will have a great problem on their hands. i belive depape is our most movable piece and hopefully we could get a good player bak for him

wow, sounded like a grrreat performance! I forget where i read it, but i read somewhere that columbus only wanted to keep madaisky in springfield if he was gonna be top 5 dman it is not looking like that is gonna happen, i belive that the blazers will have a great problem on their hands. i belive depape is our most movable piece and hopefully we could get a good player bak for him

Doubt we'll get anyone good - any opposing GM will know that Bonner will be forced to get rid of DePape, therefore everyone will low-ball him to the max. I could see him going for a 4th or 5th bantam pick.

Either that, or a fringe roster player. (Which we have enough of with all of our rooks).

Ranford and Willick are basically untouchable. I'm thinking Madaisky may be pretty expendable as well as DePape. He's a great d-man, there's no doubt about it, but we've got a pretty good d-line already. I'm surprised Rehill hasn't played more, he looked fantastic back there tonight!

With Hansen back in the line up, we may not need Madaisky as much as we think. Just my opinion :)

I hear what you are

Doubt we'll get anyone good - any opposing GM will know that Bonner will be forced to get rid of DePape, therefore everyone will low-ball him to the max. I could see him going for a 4th or 5th bantam pick.

Either that, or a fringe roster player. (Which we have enough of with all of our rooks).

Ranford and Willick are basically untouchable. I'm thinking Madaisky may be pretty expendable as well as DePape. He's a great d-man, there's no doubt about it, but we've got a pretty good d-line already. I'm surprised Rehill hasn't played more, he looked fantastic back there tonight!

With Hansen back in the line up, we may not need Madaisky as much as we think. Just my opinion :)

I think if were gonna make a deep run we need Madaisky, or rather, we need a big stud defenceman. We have a great d-core right now, but no big stud dman.

Also, with Depape, don't rule out the ability to play other teams against each other, there will no doubt be a few teams interested in Depape, and with the possibility of putting him on waivers, teams might be willing to give something up.

I hear what you are

I think if were gonna make a deep run we need Madaisky, or rather, we need a big stud defenceman. We have a great d-core right now, but no big stud dman.

Also, with Depape, don't rule out the ability to play other teams against each other, there will no doubt be a few teams interested in Depape, and with the possibility of putting him on waivers, teams might be willing to give something up.

True. But if it so happens that Madaisky stays with Springfield, at least we have Hansen. Who, by all accounts, is our best defenseman (in a Madaisky-less roster). I've learned to put my faith in GM Bonner and I know he'll make the right move.

For now, I'm going to thoroughly enjoy this 5-0-0-1 record. Wasn't too long ago we were opposite of that.

Just as were talking about trading, The Blazers bolster our D a little more

Jon Keen@JonKeenNLSports

Blazers acquire D Sam Grist from Tri-City for a 3rd & 5th rd draft picks. 19 yr old gritty defenseman at 6'4 200lbs. Hard to play against.

Very interesting, Not sure what this all means but Jon says there will likely be some roster movement. Blazers now have 9 dmen on roster, 10 w/ Madaisky

Just as were talking about trading, The Blazers bolster our D a little more

Jon Keen@JonKeenNLSports

Blazers acquire D Sam Grist from Tri-City for a 3rd & 5th rd draft picks. 19 yr old gritty defenseman at 6'4 200lbs. Hard to play against.

Very interesting, Not sure what this all means but Jon says there will likely be some roster movement. Blazers now have 9 dmen on roster, 10 w/ Madaisky

He doesn't add too much offensively, but pair him with Hansen or Bell and WOW, what a shutdown pair!!

He doesn't add too much offensively, but pair him with Hansen or Bell and WOW, what a shutdown pair!!

Yep! Had a good back n forth on Twitter with Jon yesterday, Not related to Madaisky's possibility of coming back. I think the Blazers are loading up on D for a long playoff run, there are always injuries.

Blazers Host Royals in Divisional Clash

The Kamloops Blazers continue their homestand tonight as they host the Victoria Royals. Game time is 7:00pm. The Royals are currently in first place in the B.C. Division and Western Conference with a 6-2-0-0 record. The Blazers are trailing the Royals by a point as they are 5-0-0-1 on the season. The Blazers only loss this season came via the shootout in Victoria on September 28th.

Going to be a great game! Victoria looks like they could be the real deal, and the entire league already knows we are. It's gonna be a hard fought tilt tonight!

Blazers rank 3rd on the latest BMO MasterCard CHL Top 10.

1. Quebec Remparts (7-1-0-0)
  2. Blainville-Broissband Armada (6-1-0-1)
  3. Kamloops Blazers (5-0-0-1)
  4. Oshawa Generals (6-1-0-0)
  5. Halifax Mooseheads (6-1-0-0)
  6. Prince Albert Raiders (7-0-0-1)
  7. London Knights (4-2-0-0)
  8. Portland WinterHawks (4-3-1-0)
  9. Edmonton Oil Kings (4-2-1-0)
  10. Owen Sound Attack (5-1-0-1)

Hon. Mentions:

Rimouski Oceanic (6-1-0-1)
    Barrie Colts (5-2-0-0)
    Victoria Royals (6-2-0-0)