The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Blazers thread [WHL]

pwnstar

Well check out this thread, It appears one thinks Kamloops isn't as good as our record.... People will be jealous of our first place team.

I see RoyalCanuck tried to say the Royals dominated the game that they won...the Royals played good, but they didn't dominate by any means. We were up 2 goals in the third period, I believe, and they got kind of lucky coming back.

The Blazers may not be invincible, but they are definitely as good as they look. They're no flash in the pan.

ALSO: You said they traded Gaudet as their "first overall pick"? Wasn't he 9th or 10th in round 1? Just a small correction :) I totally agree with your prediction, however.

I see RoyalCanuck tried to say the Royals dominated the game that they won...the Royals played good, but they didn't dominate by any means. We were up 2 goals in the third period, I believe, and they got kind of lucky coming back.

The Blazers may not be invincible, but they are definitely as good as they look. They're no flash in the pan.

ALSO: You said they traded Gaudet as their "first overall pick"? Wasn't he 9th or 10th in round 1? Just a small correction :) I totally agree with your prediction, however.

Yea, your right. 1st rounder is what I meant, I was in a tizzie haha. also have you guys seen this?

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=11687 it's a new look at player rankings for the CHL. They use a points system to determine the effect the player can have on a game

Blazers are pushing for a sellout for this Friday's game against the Brandon Wheat Kings. If the game sells out, the team is going to donate $5,464 ($1 for every ticket sold) and Dylan Willick, Colin Smith, and Cole Cheveldave are each going to donate $100 out of their own pockets.

Not only is this team unreal on ice, they're unreal in the community!

ALSO: With the top four in WHL scoring being a Blazer, the next time the Blazers show up on the WHL scoring list is at #67, Dylan Willick with 10 points. Really shows where our scoring comes from!

Blazers are pushing for a sellout for this Friday's game against the Brandon Wheat Kings. If the game sells out, the team is going to donate $5,464 ($1 for every ticket sold) and Dylan Willick, Colin Smith, and Cole Cheveldave are each going to donate $100 out of their own pockets.

Not only is this team unreal on ice, they're unreal in the community!

ALSO: With the top four in WHL scoring being a Blazer, the next time the Blazers show up on the WHL scoring list is at #67, Dylan Willick with 10 points. Really shows where our scoring comes from!

i tip my hat to this classy organization

i tip my hat to this classy organization

Amen. It's going to be a really good night - very charitable, even without the sellout.

I guess they only need to sell about 1750 more tickets until it becomes a sellout, and it's only Wednesday! I'm getting my ticket today, for sure. Don't want to risk not getting one.

SMITH AND LIPON ON TEAM WHL

Kamloops, BC – Two Blazers, Colin Smith and JC Lipon, have been selected to represent Team WHL in the Subway Super Series on November 14th and 15th in Vancouver and Victoria against Team Russia

Smith, a 19-year-old from Edmonton, is currently 2nd in WHL scoring with 9 goals, 19 assists and 28 points in 13 games this season. The 7th round pick of the Colorado Avalanche will be participating in the Subway Super Series for the second straight year. The 5’11” 175lb center put up 35 goals and 85 points last season.

Lipon has been selected to Team WHL for the first time in his career. The 19-year-old Regina native is currently leading the WHL in scoring with 13 goals, 19 assists and 32 points in 13 games this season. The 6’0” 180lb forward had 65 points in 69 games last season. Lipon has been passed on through two NHL drafts.

Lipon and Smith will both suit up for Team WHL on Thursday, November 15th in Victoria.

The SUBWAY® Super Series features regional teams of CHL All-Stars competing against the Russian National Junior Team in a six-game event serving as an integral part of the identification process for Team Canada prior to the IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship. The OHL hosts the middle leg of the six-game series with the first two games hosted by the QMJHL, and the final two games played in the WHL. Last season the CHL prevailed with their eighth series win in nine years of this event earning a 10-8 victory in points which included three regulation wins, two losses, and one defeat by shootout. Team Canada later captured bronze at the 2012 World Junior Championship in Calgary and Edmonton, AB.

When I first read the article on WHL.ca, I didn't see Smith or Lipon on the roster...then I realized each game was split into two different rosters. Glad to see they're on the team! Very surpised Cheveldave wasn't added to one of the rosters though!

Gregg Drinnan@gdrinnan

Columbus Blue Jackets assign D Austin Madaisky, 20, from AHL-Springfield Falcons to ECHL - Evansville Icemen.

Chances are good that Madaisky will get playing time, and substantial playing time at that, in Evansville. Would be nice to have him back, but at risk of messing with chemistry right now...

Anyone else going to "Pink in the Rink" tonight?! Great game for a great cause! :towel:

Wish I could, livin 5.5 hours away sucks. But when the boys come up to Prince George, i'll be there, and Ill have my own section!

Last 2 Cougars games have had under 1400 people in attendance.

Also, Madaisky is sent down to the ECHL! seems odd to me, why would they want a playe to play in a league full of players who don't care, while you have an option for him to be on a championship caliber team.

Wish I could, livin 5.5 hours away sucks. But when the boys come up to Prince George, i'll be there, and Ill have my own section!

Last 2 Cougars games have had under 1400 people in attendance.

Also, Madaisky is sent down to the ECHL! seems odd to me, why would they want a playe to play in a league full of players who don't care, while you have an option for him to be on a championship caliber team.

WOW! I remember a few years ago when the ISC got down to about 2500 fans a few years ago (in the playoffs, to boot!) and it seemed really empty! I can only imagine what less 1400 would be.

Only 885 more tickets need to be sold for a SELL OUT tonight! Boy, would I love one of those!

WOW! I remember a few years ago when the ISC got down to about 2500 fans a few years ago (in the playoffs, to boot!) and it seemed really empty! I can only imagine what less 1400 would be.

Only 885 more tickets need to be sold for a SELL OUT tonight! Boy, would I love one of those!

make that 884 B)

It would be unreal to sell out! and like you said, for a great cause!

Haven't seen a Blazers sellout since '07. But I went to that Canada-Russia Super Series game in Kamloops a couple years back and it was sold out, and the atmosphere was AMAZING. Really hoping it happens!

Seriously? They're winning this much and there's still tickets available?

I lived in Kamloops for one winter a few years back (when the Blazers had Iginla, Doan, Tucker, Domenichelli, and Baumgartner on the roster) and it was nearly impossible to get tickets. I could only ever get standing room tickets. Those were good times!

Seriously? They're winning this much and there's still tickets available?

I lived in Kamloops for one winter a few years back (when the Blazers had Iginla, Doan, Tucker, Domenichelli, and Baumgartner on the roster) and it was nearly impossible to get tickets. I could only ever get standing room tickets. Those were good times!

I can only imagine! I wish there was old tape of some of those games, available to the public!

I know last year that one reg. season game against Portland was supposedly standing room only. But I'm REALLY surprised that neither game 4 nor 6 were sell outs during that magical playoff series!

I know last year that one reg. season game against Portland was supposedly standing room only. But I'm REALLY surprised that neither game 4 nor 6 were sell outs during that magical playoff series!

It used to be like that every night. They even had to cap seasons tickets so that casual fans could see a game from time to time. They would release the single game tickets at the start of each month for the games that were that month.

There was even a wait list for advertising. I tried to get board advertising for the restaurant I had just opened and they were sold out on the boards too.

But given the roster, and the fact they were chasing back-to-back Memorial Cups (they were the host team), those were good times to be a Blazers fan.

Archived