The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Blazers thread [WHL]

pwnstar

I'm glad it was to a team like the Rockets and not PG or Victoria or something...rather add a little fire to the rivalry.

Good game, Blazers had cement in their boots all night.

Winning 14 games in a row probably tires ya out a little :P

That's awesome :) It's always nice when the players will interact with the young fans - there is no better feeling as a young fan than interacting with a hockey player in-game. I hope your son enjoyed the game, and hope that game was enough to sway you to "Blazer Nation"!

No doubt a great experience for him. I like the Blazers but I don't want to be a poser. My hockey compass is all screwed up. I jumped on the Royals/Marty Train when they moved to Victoria. I lived in Port Angeles back in the 80's-early 90's and would hop the boat to see the Cougars until they moved to PG. However,I now live in Puyallup(50 kilometers south of Seattle) and now regulary attend T-Birds games. I like the Blazers but can't claim to be a fan,although after Sunday's game,I'm more receptive to the idea. I was hoping to see them continue on the streak but 14 wins is very impressive.

No doubt a great experience for him. I like the Blazers but I don't want to be a poser. My hockey compass is all screwed up. I jumped on the Royals/Marty Train when they moved to Victoria. I lived in Port Angeles back in the 80's-early 90's and would hop the boat to see the Cougars until they moved to PG. However,I now live in Puyallup(50 kilometers south of Seattle) and now regulary attend T-Birds games. I like the Blazers but can't claim to be a fan,although after Sunday's game,I'm more receptive to the idea. I was hoping to see them continue on the streak but 14 wins is very impressive.

Thats cool.

I can't cheer for the Blazers since they're Kelowna's biggest rival but I have one exception. I always cheer for the WHL team that represents in the Memorial Cup.

Can't wait to be at the game tonight, driving to Kelowna this morning but making my schedule work to make sure I'm home in plenty of time for puck drop. Looking forward to cheering on the start of the next streak :)

man you are gonna get razzed today if people in kelowna know you're a Blazers fan lol

Fair enough. Glad to see you're loyal to your team, that being Victoria from what I gather.

Thats cool.

I can't cheer for the Blazers since they're Kelowna's biggest rival but I have one exception. I always cheer for the WHL team that represents in the Memorial Cup.

Then you'd better be ready to cheer for them come Mem. Cup time :P

I'm green with envy, the ISC's probably gonna be packed, P.G games are always good to watch

100 fans short of a sell out! It was a great crowd, great game!

Man even when Kamloops gets outplayed they win :P

I wouldn't say we were outplayed...looked VERY tired, was tough to get our legs going in this one, but play was relatively even. Lucky to come out with the win, for sure. But this was one of those games that builds character, as this team doesn't have enough already...

I really hope Willick is allright. Went down with a pretty nasty looking leg injury courtesy of that joke of a hockey player McNulty...

McNulty gave him a dirty crosscheck, I was very unimpressed with that. I think that the Blazers were outplayed in the first half of the game, and came on stronger in the second half, especially in the third. It seemed hard to catch a break, I had a good view of at least three posts/crossbars, and players frustrated with bad bounces. Needham's goal nearly didn't happen, he was in great position to tap the puck in the empty net, but that was after it bounced off the crossbar past a sprawling goalie.

The shootout goals our boys scored were beauts :)

Archived