Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Try Again

[Trade] - Canucks- Florida

559 posts in this topic

So, we got a top 6 forward for Kesler without giving up Schneider. Nice.

I figure Tallon got what he needed out this deal.

1.) He likely didn't care for Booth's contract, in length or cap hit. I believe Booth had a limited NTC which kicked in next year (similar to Kesler's), and therefore Tallon moved him while he could.

2.) Booth's defensive play is suspect. Whether that is merely because of the team on which he played, or a lack of attention to that aspect of his game remains to be seen.

3.) Samuelsson and Sturm will likely be good for the Panthers. They will provide a veteran presence and are good team mates.

4.) Samuelsson and Sturm both have contracts that run out after this year. What does this mean? Well, if they suck, then the Panthers don't have to worry about them being around for another year. If they do well, they may be shopped at the trade deadline to a team which needs a veteran forward. Depending upon the desperation of the other GM, Tallon could get back a couple of decent picks for these guys.

regards,

G.

For those of you who are saying this is a steal, AGAIN, this is really our second steal from florida after luongo. If you remember, the canucks got the short end of the bargain on the ballard deal.... so maybe tallon felt bad for how ballard is performing.

Yes, we won this trade.

But in my opinion, Ballard has been our second best D man behind Salo.

Awesome trade.

We got ourselves a top 6 forward while trading away two older players.

Sturm wasn't fitting in at all (can't believe we got rid of his contract).

I liked Samuelsson (great point production) but I found him annoying (puck hog, bad decisions on the PP, trying to go top shelf everytime).

Hopefully Booth can stay healthy and rake up some points (still hate his contract term and cap hit).

Can Reinpecht be signed to a cheaper cap hit or will he be buryed in the minors (Europe).

For those of you who are saying this is a steal, AGAIN, this is really our second steal from florida after luongo. If you remember, the canucks got the short end of the bargain on the ballard deal.... so maybe tallon felt bad for how ballard is performing.

ZOMG gillis-gasm!!! hopefully his concussion problems are behind him, and i hope this doesn't mean mace isn't coming back this year :( Maybe reinprecht will impress and fill in for the forth line.This is what i want:

sedins-burrows

booth-kesler-hodgson

higgins-malholtra-hansen

volpatti-lapierre-weise/bitz

On deadline day im pretty sure we will ba able to acquire either a bonafide d man star(weber) , or a solid forth line forward(kopecky, from the panthers :D)

I'm daydreaming but if it was booth and kopecky and a 3rd for sammy, sturm, and a 2nd rounder i would crap myself with awe.

Please keep Hodgson on the second line.

Booth-Kesler-Hodgson <3333333

This might as well be the David Booth fan-club thread, so I realize this won't be popular but....while I think Booth is an upgrade from Samuelsson/Sturm, I think for his salary he is overpaid, a lot. His limited NTC contract makes 8 of those for this team beyond this season in some form or another. He had one 31-goal season (with 60pts total), and is averaging about 0.5pts/game in his career (significantly less than that without that 60pt season).

Again, I think it's an upgrade over Samuelsson/Sturm, but Booth is overpaid IMO. I don't see enough quality ice time to go around between Sedin,Sedin/Burrows/Kesler/Higgins(who's playing superbly btw) for him to reach 30 goals again. And 4.25 million is a lot to pay a guy to get 20 something goals/season with a NTC. As others have said, I suppose this means Raymond's time is over here unfortunately.

ZOMG gillis-gasm!!! hopefully his concussion problems are behind him, and i hope this doesn't mean mace isn't coming back this year :( Maybe reinprecht will impress and fill in for the forth line.This is what i want:

sedins-burrows

booth-kesler-hodgson

higgins-malholtra-hansen

volpatti-lapierre-weise/bitz

On deadline day im pretty sure we will ba able to acquire either a bonafide d man star(weber) , or a solid forth line forward(kopecky, from the panthers :D)

I'm daydreaming but if it was booth and kopecky and a 3rd for sammy, sturm, and a 2nd rounder i would crap myself with awe.

This is what went through my mind:

1. BOOTH!

2. Samuelson Leaving:(

3. BOOTTTHHH!

4. Booth has a concussion history and is struggling a little

5. BOOOOTH!

The only Canuck that doesn't like this trade is Hodgson