• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Try Again

[Trade] - Canucks- Florida

With everyone healthy and going well, I'd like to see this:

Sedins Burr

Booth Kesler Higgins

Raymond Hodgson Hansen

Malhotra Laps Whoever

Obviously, the notable thing about this is Manny on the 4th line. Of course, he would still get to take big defensive zone face-offs and kill penalties. But, yes, his 5-on-5 ice-time decrease, and so would his offensive role. This might not be the best option (I guess it depends on how everyone's going), but I do really like the look of those top 3 lines.

Not many people seem to realize the risk involved in this deal. Booth is not a slam dunk to be the top 6 guy that we need. Samuelsson has had back-to-back 50 point seasons. Booth has a total of 56 points of the last two years (albeit he played only 26 games in '09/'10). And so far this year he has only 1 point and is a -6 in 6 games. Furthermore, there's obviously risk given Booth's hefty contract - 4.25M per until 2015. Right now, he is overpaid. He needs to pick up his game to make the deal a success.

However, I am optimistic. I'm cautiously optimistic. Despite his production, Samuelsson has been inconsistent. And he hasn't looked good to start this year. Furthermore, he's pretty old and likely would not have been back next year anyhow. So we traded two oldies for a young, potential star. In the end, we may have gotten what we wanted while only giving up superfluous assets. The deal could be a huge success, and I'm hopeful.

I was watching one of his interviews and he said last year he didn't train full out in the summer because of his Concussion symptoms.

His main goal was just to play 82 games. Now that he's done that he's ready to train full out again.

So I guess Gillis listens to CDC. He went for the Top 6 winger everyone was bitching for. towel.gif

Anyways. WOO. I liked Samuelsson, and Sturm too in his short time here, but I suppose it's just business. Good luck to both.

I agree with most of your points, but not point 6. If Booth struggles, nobody will want him. He already played his way out of Florida (they couldn't afford that contract without getting 50+ points out of him annually). If he struggles here, nobody will want him for 4.25M per through 2015.

He's not off to a great start though...

How does Gillis trade two aging past their prime players for a premier power forward? :emot-parrot:

Is he gonna job Turris from Phoenix next? :emot-parrot:

I'd be reluctant to put Malhotra onto the 4th line as a winger and play Hodgson as 3rd line center. If anything, Hansen is moved down and Hodgson gets 3rd line wing time.

regards,

G.

PS - that Whoever guy. Isn't he that little known player the Canucks got for that guy with the attitude problems named, Whatever?

Booth plays alot like Kesler, always goes in a straight line and hes fast. Good defensively and blocks shots, hard worker.

Him and Kesler would be off the hizzy, fo shizzy

I fail to see how Florida was "fleeced" in this deal as some posters are suggesting.

Florida gets:

-two experienced potential 20 goal scorers with 2 way and PP ability

-players who could fetch decent draft picks at the deadline should they fall out of the playoff picture

-4.75 million dollars in cap relief at the end of the season

Vancouver gets:

-A potential 30 goal scoring second line winger with a history of concussion problems and poor defensive abilities (with four years left on his contract)

-A 2 million dollar AHL contract

-500 k in cap relief

Seems to me like there is far less risk for the Florida Panthers in this trade.

I like the trade (don't get me wrong) and I am hopeful that Booth meets or exceeds his potential but we definitely didn't "fleece" the Panthers.

I also hope AV and the fans here don't give Booth the Ballard treatment.

I fail to see how Florida was "fleeced" in this deal as some posters are suggesting.

Florida gets:

-two experienced potential 20 goal scorers with 2 way and PP ability

-players who could fetch decent draft picks at the deadline should they fall out of the playoff picture

-4.75 million dollars in cap relief at the end of the season

Vancouver gets:

-A potential 30 goal scoring second line winger with a history of concussion problems and poor defensive abilities (with four years left on his contract)

-A 2 million dollar AHL contract

-500 k in cap relief

Seems to me like there is far less risk for the Florida Panthers in this trade.

I like the trade (don't get me wrong) and I am hopeful that Booth meets or exceeds his potential but we definitely didn't "fleece" the Panthers.

I also hope AV and the fans here don't give Booth the Ballard treatment.

It's going to be funny going to the proposal pages now with a bunch of people making hypotheticals that now make just a little more sense. How many people said things like "no one is going to accept a trade with Sammy and Sturm... who wants our plugs for their quality players? It's not going to happen!"? Answer: Lot's of people. Mike Gillis has seemingly done the impossible.

Love live GMMG :)

As a female fan, let it be known - with the addition of Booth, the Nucks are officially the best looking team in the league :towel:

6536e.jpg

On another note, what do people think about his transition from non-hockey to a large hockey market, especially to a team who just played in the SCF. Seems like that would add another dimension of pressure ...

I don't know why everyone is riding Booth's dick.

He is a POTENTIAL top 6 player with the POTENTIAL to score 30 goals. Both of these descriptions can be applied to Sturm or Sammuelsson.

Through 6 games, Booth has 1 point and a -6 +/- rating. If we are dumping Sammuelsson because he is under-performing, what guarantee do you have that a concussion-prone player like Booth will meet the high expectations?

This trade isn't as lopsided as everyone thinks it is. Nevertheless, I wish for Booth to have a breakout year now that he's playing with legitimate line mates.