558 replies to this topic

#511 Fanuck

Fanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:46 PM

How does Dale Tallon still have a job in Florida? This trade doesn't make any sense for the Panthers. While the Canucks have limited cap space, Florida doesn't have to worry about that at all. While the Canucks are a cup contender this season and are looking to get better right now, Florida should be looking to set up their future, because in all likelihood they will struggle to even squeak into the playoffs this year. Instead, Tallon is giving away a solid young forward and a third round draft pick for two veterans who's contracts expire at the end of the season.

Your mistake is thinking like a Canucks fan whose mantra is, "WIN NOW". From all reports Tallon has been given direction from ownership to cut the payroll immediately! He did that in a big way by getting essentially two rental players (Sturm/Samuelsson) whose contracts will be off the books no matter what at the end of the season - in exchange for the second highest player on the payroll for the next 4 years with a limited NTC attached. If you look at it financially from Florida's ownership perspective, you win this trade. Next year Tallon will be working with over 24mil in cap space.

You think he's going to be working from a position of strength or not?

#512 captainjerk

captainjerk

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:10 PM

Your mistake is thinking like a Canucks fan whose mantra is, "WIN NOW". From all reports Tallon has been given direction from ownership to cut the payroll immediately! He did that in a big way by getting essentially two rental players (Sturm/Samuelsson) whose contracts will be off the books no matter what at the end of the season - in exchange for the second highest player on the payroll for the next 4 years with a limited NTC attached. If you look at it financially from Florida's ownership perspective, you win this trade. Next year Tallon will be working with over 24mil in cap space.

You think he's going to be working from a position of strength or not?

Financially it has the potential to be a strong trade for Florida. They save $2M and have some trade bait in Samuelsson (even Sturm if he manages to pick it up, as he's got no pressure in Florida).

Looks like Florida is going to be rebuilding in earnest (ie blowing this season).
ESAD
Posted Image

#513 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:30 PM

Financially it has the potential to be a strong trade for Florida. They save $2M and have some trade bait in Samuelsson (even Sturm if he manages to pick it up, as he's got no pressure in Florida).

Looks like Florida is going to be rebuilding in earnest (ie blowing this season).

Just wait until their first PP unit is:

Dadonov - Huberdeau - Yakupov
Kulikov - Gudbranson

And their first PK unit:

Howden - Huberdeau
Gudbranson - Somebody else amazing

Tallon could be on his way to a real good rebuild. Especially with all the cap space now at the end of the season. He could afford to sign a young superstar like Parise or Suter.

#514 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:50 PM

Get to know what David Booth believes in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6WGPxlxVWs&feature=player_embedded

Edited by Dave Bolland, 23 October 2011 - 10:08 PM.

vykJJ.jpgk5COD.jpgxd8CQ.jpg

#515 winthecup

winthecup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:03 PM

get to know Jesus?
as a fan this is a good thing. we dont have to worry about him partying it up at the roxy all night.

#516 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:06 PM

get to know Jesus?
as a fan this is a good thing. we dont have to worry about him partying it up at the roxy all night.

That, and he seems like a very likeable guy, and he should have no problem fitting in with the Canucks. He's relious, but he won't let it get in the way like a Rocco Grimaldi. ;)

It's also nice to know him on a more personal level.

#517 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:12 PM

"There's more to life than hockey."

Uh oh.

:P

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#518 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:19 PM

That, and he seems like a very likeable guy, and he should have no problem fitting in with the Canucks. He's relious, but he won't let it get in the way like a Rocco Grimaldi. ;)

It's also nice to know him on a more personal level.

He and Hamhuis can talk about the Lord on the bus.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#519 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:19 PM

"There's more to life than hockey."

Uh oh.

:P

Scares me as well, he'll get 40 goals for us and realize that he wants to be a priest instead. :emot-parrot:

He seems to say all the right things, has an upbeat mood to him, a guy you welcome with open arms, and one that's fun to be around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTJByJQ704A&feature=player_embedded

This video, for me, shows he's a guy that likes to be in the community, and is a very outgoing, funny kind of guy. I like what I see in terms of attitude and such, translate it on ice, and we have a gem of a steal here. :towel:

He and Hamhuis can talk about the Lord on the bus.

Is Malhotra religious as well? Thought I've heard he was, can't remember exactly though if he is or not. I knew Dan was. Booth has a lot of things going for him already in Vancouver. :)

Edited by Dave Bolland, 23 October 2011 - 10:21 PM.

#520 Slick McGiggits

Slick McGiggits

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:24 PM

Soooooooooo happy!!!! I love booth!

I don't even think this trade would have gone down in NHL12 :P

LOL I tried it once I heard about it. Turns out Florida thought I was on roofies or something :P

#521 Try Again

Try Again

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

does he talk kinda slow or is that just a slight accent at work?
Posted Image

#522 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,050 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:49 PM

does he talk kinda slow or is that just a slight accent at work?

No, I noticed that too.

He was probably just nervous, he seemed to be stuttering a bit.

Hopefully Booth can help get god on our side, and we can finally win a cup. :towel:

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#523 pghockeyguy

pghockeyguy

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:50 PM

Tired of listening to constant posts and threats about Kyle turris untaped potential because he was the 3rd overall pick. He should have never been the third overall pick that was a major blunder by Wayne and the Yotes scouting department. Have any of you guys watched this kid play or done any research to see where he came from? He was completely misevaluated playing in bchl (junior A). Sure 121 points in 53 games is solid production but when you are playing against an entire league of players that can't make the WHL its a little misleading. Case in point Turris' next season he only managed 36 points in 35 games in the NCAA for the Wisconsin Badgers.

I don't think there is any upside to inserting Turris into the line up over Coho. At this point we have a very solid top 3 lines and Turris does not fit on any of them. For the people that think trading Tanev straight up for him is a good idea? Really? Tanev is the depth we need a D, do any of you remember what happened last year? At the same time assuming he returns from his injury we will have Raymond returning which is another player in the same mold.

Realistically other then the fact that Turris is from New West and people seen to think thats pretty "NEAT" we have absolutely no need for him on a one way contract.

#524 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:55 PM

Thanks for posting this.

Posted Image

#525 Bieksa's Quote

Bieksa's Quote

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:56 PM

No, I noticed that too.

He was probably just nervous, he seemed to be stuttering a bit.

Hopefully Booth can help get god on our side, and we can finally win a cup. :towel:

It will take more than getting god on our side to win a cup. AHAH JK! Posted Image

(FTR .. if you ask me, god would have to be against us for us to NOT win the cup...)

"If a 6-foot-8 guy who can't skate asks to fight, you say no, then skate around him and score a goal."

#526 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:56 PM

Tired of listening to constant posts and threats about Kyle turris untaped potential because he was the 3rd overall pick. He should have never been the third overall pick that was a major blunder by Wayne and the Yotes scouting department. Have any of you guys watched this kid play or done any research to see where he came from? He was completely misevaluated playing in bchl (junior A). Sure 121 points in 53 games is solid production but when you are playing against an entire league of players that can't make the WHL its a little misleading. Case in point Turris' next season he only managed 36 points in 35 games in the NCAA for the Wisconsin Badgers.

I don't think there is any upside to inserting Turris into the line up over Coho. At this point we have a very solid top 3 lines and Turris does not fit on any of them. For the people that think trading Tanev straight up for him is a good idea? Really? Tanev is the depth we need a D, do any of you remember what happened last year? At the same time assuming he returns from his injury we will have Raymond returning which is another player in the same mold.

Realistically other then the fact that Turris is from New West and people seen to think thats pretty "NEAT" we have absolutely no need for him on a one way contract.

Don't think you realize what are considered good college numbers.

Are you unable to put into context that Turris had 5 more points than the 2nd highest scorer on his team, and that guy had played 4 more games.

And then he came 2nd on San Antonio when he put up 63 points in 76 games.

AND THEN he was on pace for 30+ points playing on DAVE TIPPET's team ON THE FOURTH LINE.

AND THEN HE WAS ON DOAN'S LINE FOR 4 PLAYOFF GAMES AND PUT UP 3 POINTS.

RYAN KESLER'S HIGHEST COLLEGE SEASON WAS 31 POINTS IN 40 GAMES.

Why does it matter if he is on a one way contract? Did the Aquilinis suddenly become bankrupt?

Have you ever EVER watched him play?

If the Canucks DO acquire him, they don't need to place him in the line-up OVER Coho, they could BOTH be in the line-up.

#527 bure-shirokov

bure-shirokov

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:58 PM

A guy projected to be a joe sakic like player with amazing vision and you wouldn't trade a depth d-man for him? alrighty then.

#528 TheRocket#10

TheRocket#10

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:59 PM

Your views on the BCHL are very misguided. Some kids wanna play college believe it or not. Pierro Zabotel played in the bc for years and went to the dub and lead the league in points. Some high quality players int hat league

#529 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:00 PM

Well since we're posting videos, I thought this one was worth sharing.

"Noooo, you don't wanna be a goalie." :lol:
Posted Image

#530 JoeyBats

JoeyBats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:00 PM

People on here are grossly overrating him. He has done almost nothing in his career.
Names like Hodgson, Schneider, Ballard, and "1st round pick" shouldn't even be in the discussion for this guy.
Just look at what Nikita Filatov went for, exactly.

Something like Jordan Schroeder and a 3rd/2nd rounder should do,

Your stupid
Your dum

#531 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:01 PM

Turris is a player with huge potential yet. His playoff performance was no fluke, by any means. His college numbers, are no fluke by any means. Not all top 5 draft picks develop at the rate most do. Besides, PHX took a good route anyways with him, to not rush him into a top 6 roll as soon as he was drafted. But now Turris wants out, and they want him in.

If you've actually seen him play, you'd change your mind about him.

EDIT: Why was the Turris thread merged into the Booth thread? :mellow:

Edited by Dave Bolland, 23 October 2011 - 11:04 PM.

#532 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:09 PM

What are we talking about?

Posted Image

#533 Intoewsables

Intoewsables

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,599 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:12 PM

What are we talking about?

Acquiring Booth and potentially acquiring Turris... all mashed together into one thread! Yippee!

#534 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:16 PM

Acquiring Booth and potentially acquiring Turris... all mashed together into one thread! Yippee!

Makes sense. :blink: oh CDC.

Posted Image

#535 Rhinogator

Rhinogator

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:30 PM

isn't this a booth thread....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#536 Stick-in-Rink

Stick-in-Rink

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,555 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:45 PM

Well since we're posting videos, I thought this one was worth sharing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF1fMxp4W_E

"Noooo, you don't wanna be a goalie." :lol:

Haha, he seems like such a quality well-rounded character. Probably a great guy to have around the locker-room. We may just have found our next heart and soul guy of the team. (Aside from Kesler, Bieksa)

Edited by Stick-in-Rink, 23 October 2011 - 11:45 PM.

#537 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

isn't this a booth thread....

A mod screwed up and merged a newly made Turris thread into this one.

#538 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:52 PM

I'm all for getting Turris.

And I think is absolutely hilarious how some on here think Turris isn't worth giving up a depth dman or prospects.

What's even better is the intimation that if you're for acquiring him, you don't know what you're talking about.

Edited by Sharpshooter, 23 October 2011 - 11:56 PM.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#539 georgeparrosesmustache

georgeparrosesmustache

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:02 AM

Turris would be a great investment

Posted Image

Pleasejustwin.

#540 georgeparrosesmustache

georgeparrosesmustache

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:03 AM

wait...wtf thread am I in!?

:blink:

Posted Image

Pleasejustwin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.