The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen

Slegr

I've been even more disappointed with Hansen over the past couple of weeks. His goal last night, as called by shorty, "Hansen fumbles the puck.. scores", nice fluke goal, but good to see the Canucks get one.

You know one of the things that bothers me about Hansen? He refuses to fight now, ever since he broke his hand fighting in a preseason game. He's a third liner who has hands of stone, and he refuses them use them to stick up for himself and his teammates once in awhile. Honestly, aside from a good work ethic and speed, he's not the god a lot of the puck bunnies in the thread are making him to be.

But let's keep this thread rolling. The responses are hilarious.

tumblr_lx7afn78jG1qi5qu5o1_500.jpg

Oh please, Hansen is one of AV's pet projects, and as such, he lands on the first line with the Sedins. It's not that hard to start racking up points with the Sedins - even Wade Brookbank scored when thrown on a line with them.

Hmm... Rome gets power play time over guys like Ballard, and Rome manages to score two whole goals. Another pet project of AV's... it's enough to make the lesser fan delusional.

Except that I'd love to continue seeing this thread up, no matter what the month, over the past three years. Hansen is still the exact same player, except that he's been placed on the first line and is benefiting, just as Anson Carter did. It's pretty concerning, to be honest. I'm pretty sure that on 29 other NHL teams, Hansen is not a first liner. It's no wonder we're fallening from our record season last year to a .500 hockey club.

Look at me! I'm turning into a minus player... like Jannik Hansen!

I'm getting minuses for Hansen compliments. Oh boy. No wonder other fans can't stand us.

I'm not arguing that Hansen doesn't provide speed and good work ethic. And I'm glad to see he's producing more than usual this year. With the number of injuries this year, Hansen's presence has been welcome on the team. But he's still a plugger in my estimation. He's like a Todd Marchant - very fast, but hands that will annoy the heck out of you, when you consider how many scoring chances he could be finishing. He bobbles the puck far too much, and while he has his "break-out" points this season, much of that is due to the skill of Sedins and Kesler.

Love this thread - let's keep it going!

Hansen scores his 10th goal of the season, and arguably is nicest goal. Let's trade him while his value is at an all-time high!

Let's be honest, if he played like he had in his career up until this season, he wouldn't have continued to be in the line-up. Glad to see, for his sake, that he managed to keep himself in there for now.

I still think we should trade him. His value has never been higher. When Booth returns, Hansen might have to go to our fourth line. And he's not an ideal great crasher/banger.

I still wouldn't trust Hansen in the playoffs. He played like Nathan Lafayette in last season's playoffs (nearly same amount of points, and rings the cross bar when we needed a goal).

And let's not forget what his actions caused in 2007 (first couple of seconds)

HAHAHAHA ... Babych, bring it :) Let's keep it alive!

:lol: :D

Thanks for the LULZ!

Okay, last five games, Hansen gets one point. In today's game against Boston, one of the biggest games of the year, Hansen looks so out of place out there. He's not doing anything offensively, he isn't tough or putting the hurt on the Bruins, he refuses to drop the gloves when challenged...

Why can't people see that, if the Canucks had a fully healthy roster - including some key 4th liners out - that he doesn't deserve to be in the line-up, on an elite team?

Sure, he's "speedy" and is good at killing penalties, and has a low cap hit. Sure, he's got his 12 goals.. big 'break through' year. But please. Even Taylor Pyatt had 23 goals for the Canucks one season... maybe we should bring him back for the third line?!

The original message in this thread stays the same - Hansen is a solid player. The Canucks, when fully healthy, have an incredible team. An Elite team! Hansen, ultimately is a plugger. Up against teams like Boston, he was non-existent. He still doesn't deserve a roster spot when this team is healthy.

Okay, last five games, Hansen gets one point. In today's game against Boston, one of the biggest games of the year, Hansen looks so out of place out there. He's not doing anything offensively, he isn't tough or putting the hurt on the Bruins, he refuses to drop the gloves when challenged...

Why can't people see that, if the Canucks had a fully healthy roster - including some key 4th liners out - that he doesn't deserve to be in the line-up, on an elite team?

Sure, he's "speedy" and is good at killing penalties, and has a low cap hit. Sure, he's got his 12 goals.. big 'break through' year. But please. Even Taylor Pyatt had 23 goals for the Canucks one season... maybe we should bring him back for the third line?!

The original message in this thread stays the same - Hansen is a solid player. The Canucks, when fully healthy, have an incredible team. An Elite team! Hansen, ultimately is a plugger. Up against teams like Boston, he was non-existent. He still doesn't deserve a roster spot when this team is healthy.

you're a worse judge of talent than Canucklelion

Another dud game by Hansen. Over 17 minutes of playing time, helped do nothing but neutralize linemates. He fumbled the puck 'a plenty, ran into his own teammates...

BREAK OUT SEASON BABY!

Why aren't all the Hansen lovers bringing this thread back to life on all these great performances of late?

Oh yeah, he has to get his fluke goal or second assist to Cody Hodgson to muster up all the stir.

Another dud game by Hansen. Over 17 minutes of playing time, helped do nothing but neutralize linemates. He fumbled the puck 'a plenty, ran into his own teammates...

BREAK OUT SEASON BABY!

Why aren't all the Hansen lovers bringing this thread back to life on all these great performances of late?

Oh yeah, he has to get his fluke goal or second assist to Cody Hodgson to muster up all the stir.

Huh? The SEDINS had a dud game, but you bring up Hansen? Is this real life?

BREAK OUT SEASON BABY!

Do you miss attention to your stupidity?

Archived