The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen

Slegr

On pace for 20 goals and 40 points.

This guy will be a game changer in the playoffs. Last year he wasn't quite ready, this year I feel he and Hodgson will score some big goals when our top-2 lines are being checked to death. Something we lacked last season with streaky Torres, Malhotra and a much worse Hansen.

On pace for 20 goals and 40 points. This guy will be a game changer in the playoffs. Last year he wasn't quite ready, this year I feel he and Hodgson will score some big goals when our top-2 lines are being checked to death. Something we lacked last season with streaky Torres, Malhotra and a much worse Hansen.

BS - he was a beast in the playoff last year

One of my best friends is a self-professed Hansen hater. I love Hansen, and have for several years. We have had many arguments about him, but now, even he has to admit that I was right all along.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that "Slegr" (who ironically takes the name of an awful, inconsistent, and lazy player) will ever admit that he was, and is, dead wrong. Hansen is 25 years old, comes with a $1.3 million price-tag, and is among our hardest workers and most improved this season. He has loads of potential, and that is a fact that most hockey fans can see. It is tough to admit you are wrong, but, this is one of those circumstances where you should...

I remember people saying how wonderful Brent Sopel was too. He had his share of puck bunnies, like those on this thread. All NHL players have talent. But players on an elite team need to be of a certain quality, and I'm sorry, but Hansen would fit better on a team like the Oilers, or join the has-been Canucks on the Coyotes. We could and God-willing by the trade deadline SHOULD do better.

Never seperate Hodgson and Hansen ever again, AV

Rrrright. Most of Hansen's points this season are because of Hodgson. But Hodgson can produce with any teammates, unlike Hansen.

Asdfman, I notice you've replied a lot on this thread. You seem to have a particular fondness for Hansen. Did I see you in the crowd a little while ago?

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=%22marry+me+hansen%22+canucks&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1440&bih=719&tbm=isch&tbnid=QB7CLbYV6zLeFM:&imgrefurl=http://forum.canucks.com/topic/320562-gdt-canucks-vs-sharks/page__st__260&docid=tmxNakau6ylXgM&imgurl=http://link.trekcubed.com/cdc_imgs/cdc_wtfz.jpg&w=639&h=357&ei=Pus9T-SqOKqpiQLGj-mnAQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=94&sig=116509615517066516365&page=1&tbnh=116&tbnw=207&start=0&ndsp=8&ved=0CEYQrQMwAQ&tx=95&ty=45

man readin through this thread makes you look pretty dumb truth be told.. say whatever you like about hansen or the "puck bunnies".. the joke is still on you Im afraid.

particularly seeing posts when hansen was not doing as well, and then no posts at all when he was lol. one person said it right earlier in the thread. At least clutch was smart enough to get the hell outta dodge. the fact that you hang around and try to bang this drum is actually 'pitiful'.

Hansen has had his inconsistant periods this year, but having a consistant "role" on the team is all he really needs .. he has been stretching his wings and trying new things .. not all have worked, but he has tested himself and know's now what he needs to works on .. keep him on the right side with Cody, and add a consistant LW, and he WILL be there when we need him .. oh, and Slegr .. he has a contract to play in the NHL .. what do you have besides a laptop?? .. :sadno:

I remember people saying how wonderful Brent Sopel was too. He had his share of puck bunnies, like those on this thread. All NHL players have talent. But players on an elite team need to be of a certain quality, and I'm sorry, but Hansen would fit better on a team like the Oilers, or join the has-been Canucks on the Coyotes. We could and God-willing by the trade deadline SHOULD do better.

I don't remember anyone saying how wonderful Brent Sopel was. IIRC, everyone was saying he was the primary reason that Ohlund was never nominated for the Norris.

Okay Slegr, you don't like the player and/or his game - I get that. You have a right to your opinion.

What I don't get is your failure to see Hansens' usefulness to this team. Your argument seems to be that, because Hansen isn't an elite player (which I agree with, btw), he doesn't belong on this team.

Here's how I see Hansen: a solid two-way 3rd liner that can play up or down the roster as needed (i.e. - he could fit in and do a reasonable job on the 1st or 2nd lines on a temporary basis). He hits, has a very reasonable cap, and is showing that he can be counted on to score 15 - 20 goals.

Again, I'm not saying that he is an elite player, but in terms of 3rd line role players he seems to be a pretty good deal.

For arguments sake, who would you replace Hansen with (either a current Canuck or via trade)? I know that you've mentioned players in your OP, but how about as of right now?

Wait, who are the Hansen puck bunnies here? I'm a dude, but I don't really think he'd attract a lot of the opposite sex, just saying...this guy is making 1.35m playing an checking role and putting up 15-20 goals. He is a perfect fit for us, sorry to burst your bubble

Rrrright. Most of Hansen's points this season are because of Hodgson. But Hodgson can produce with any teammates, unlike Hansen.

Asdfman, I notice you've replied a lot on this thread. You seem to have a particular fondness for Hansen. Did I see you in the crowd a little while ago?

http://www.google.ca...wAQ&tx=95&ty=45

Hansen is equally effective even without putting points. See: last year. Him and Malhotra were a great PK unit. Oh, and sorry I hurt your feelings by roasting you every time you post your useless thoughts. You mad?

You really need a new set of glasses or something. Claiming anyone who doesn't share your opinion about Hansen as "puck bunnies" isn't exactly making yourself look better. I feel sorry for whoever has to listen to you talk

• 2 weeks later...

MG WHY oh WHY didn't you trade Jannick Hansen when you had the chance?

That guy is such dead weight out there. We hadn't reached our max on the cap - we could have upgraded for something better.

He is not producing any offense these days, looks mentally and physically challenged whenever he's in a scoring position, and offers nothing tangible to this team right now. A minus 1 tonight, blown gimme scoring opportunities a couple of games in a row.

Hansen bunnies, there is your cue... remind me again how great of a penalty killer he is, and low cap hit, blah blah.

MG WHY oh WHY didn't you trade Jannick Hansen when you had the chance?

That guy is such dead weight out there. We hadn't reached our max on the cap - we could have upgraded for something better.

He is not producing any offense these days, looks mentally and physically challenged whenever he's in a scoring position, and offers nothing tangible to this team right now. A minus 1 tonight, blown gimme scoring opportunities a couple of games in a row.

Hansen bunnies, there is your cue... remind me again how great of a penalty killer he is, and low cap hit, blah blah.

I'm assuming you like Raymond more? lol

Archived