The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen

Slegr

Oh Babych, where is your faith?? I thought YOU were a Hansen fan, having defended him this whole time, and bumping this thread. Yet, you're predicting he will do worse this year, going from .47 points per game last season to .41 points per game this year?

Has mighty Hansen reached his peek? Are you afraid that without CoHo around, he'll be more useless out there?

I wouldn't diagree with your point prediction. Twenty points might be a tad optimistic, but very doable. Unfortunately, Hansen will also get countless other opportunities that he won't be able to finish because of his lack of finish and lousy hands. He also won't fight out there, a waste of a third liner, particularly when most of our first and second line doesn't fight. In other words, he's a perfect P-L-U-G-G-E-R.

At first I thought you were being sarcastic, but now, I think this is just ridiculous.

I don't respect Jannik Hansen in that he's not a very hard working player. His passion isn't usually pretty evident, and he is slow.

But I get so excited seeing his offensive abilities... those hands of magic, which electrify an otherwise potentially dull third line with Cody Hodgson and Manny Malhotra.

I know Hansen will always have his haters because he has a low cap hit and low work ethic, but I'd argue that if the Canucks want to continue to be considered an elite team, they need to re-evaluate his worth. He's a first liner, and on most mediocre teams you wouldn't find him, but upon Raymond's return, Hansen is one of those guys who I'd keep on the firt line before the Sedins or anyone else.

Obviously a troll post!. lol

• 2 weeks later...

2 points last night.

Babych, why aren't you bumping this thread very often? Hansen has three whole assists, you know! He sure is the offensive machine after his big break-through last season. Looks like we now know how CoHo got all that points last season, riding on the honeybadger's coattails. At least those stone-cold hands were sloppy enough to unintentionally slash Bolland out of the Chicago game.

Maybe we should put Hansen back on the power play?

Hansen is a smart forechecker if I remember correctly. He seems to steal the puck on the forecheck more often than any of the others. I wouldn't say he has stone cold hands but he doesn't have much special to create his own chances either, but he's usually not bad at give and go's down low and getting open for a decent shot. He just looks bad sometimes because, like Raymond, he has a tendency to speed down the wing and take a useless bad angle shot to the logo.

I'm surprised this topic wasn't brought back to talk about his recent "international violent behavior", and crosscheckng the ref, and something to do with taking out Bolland's legs tonight?

I have never been down on Hansen, but I always thought he was a solid 3rd liner or an amazing 4th. This season so far my expectations for him are rising. I always thought Higgy was great and it irked me when I saw Hansen playing on lines ahead of him like with the Sedins occasionally. Now it seems that I don't know as much as the expertly trained management and coaching staff that run this team. Just don't tell anybody ok? I don't want to be the only one on these boards that has figured that out.

Babych, why aren't you bumping this thread very often? Hansen has three whole assists, you know! He sure is the offensive machine after his big break-through last season. Looks like we now know how CoHo got all that points last season, riding on the honeybadger's coattails. At least those stone-cold hands were sloppy enough to unintentionally slash Bolland out of the Chicago game.

Maybe we should put Hansen back on the power play?

I plussed that.

You're right in that Hansen hasn't been putting big numbers and seemingly has lost his spot on the PP.

That being said, he did a decent job when out on the PK and I thought he looked okay otherwise. And, he's on pace for 18 points which is pretty close to the 20 that I had initially predicted.

Look, if his role on the team was to put the puck in the back of the net or rack up huge points then yes, he would be a huge disappointment. Fortunately that's not what his job is and that's not how he's getting paid.

I still like him and you can be sure I'll bump the thread again when he gets his next point!

:)

Hansen's trade value = never higher. Package him with Lu, MG!

Beautiful goal by Hansen - it certainly wasn't a pass attempt. And beautiful second assist on the Raymond failed wrap-around that popped out to Bieksa.

First star indeed!

Beautiful goal by Hansen - it certainly wasn't a pass attempt. And beautiful second assist on the Raymond failed wrap-around that popped out to Bieksa.

First star indeed!

Whatever man give up its clear you have a Hockey IQ in the negative so just stop.

First star indeed!

Ah. So your argument is that Hansen's points tonight came not from his effort, but from luck. And as such the GM's of professional hockey teams will be blind to that and desperately make offers for him.

You seem to be proposing trades only to fans as blind and retarded as yourself. Stop.

People seem to forget that Hansen only has two full seasons under his belt. His numbers are very similar to Burrows' first two seasons (when Burrows was on the 3rd line). As a 3rd line player, Jannik is very comparable to Alex. His speed, puck control and defensive play are very good. Last year, he had 16g and 23a, which is 10 more points than the year before. He is only 26, so I expect he will continue to improve. I don't think he will come close to what Burrow's has acheived, but he certainly will continue to be a valuable asset to the team. It is interesting that the Sedin's requested that Hansen join them on the power play. But I guess Slegr would know better.

Good looking goal last night - can't wait to see how Slegr spins it.

Maybe "Hansen was trying to do a drop pass and because he is so inept and has no hockey skills actually sent it in the opposite direction and it luckily found the back of the net."

:lol:

Archived