The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen

Slegr

He is versatile, for sure, just as any good plug is. But PP is one of the most frustrating places to watch Hansen, so I hope that notion gets killed before too long. He gets his points by working extra hard, not because of natural offensive abilities.

You just basically described Brandon Dubinsky and Ryan Callahan to a tee. Want to take a guess as to how much powerplay icetime each of them earned under Tortorella?

He is versatile, for sure, just as any good plug is. But PP is one of the most frustrating places to watch Hansen, so I hope that notion gets killed before too long. He gets his points by working extra hard, not because of natural offensive abilities.

Added to ignore list. Oh the sweet, sweet silence of rationality.

Have we been watching the same games? Manny (love the guy, but..) has been the offense killer. Hansen may not score goals, but he regularly sends the puck to the exact right place with no one to finish.

I'd advocate balancing things by putting Hodgson back on the RW 2nd line so he can set up Kes and Booth, and a 3rd line of Higgins-Manny-Hansen. They were great at the start of the season and Higgins is often cruising right through the crease which is where Hansen loves to fire the puck unexpectedly.

I'd also take Lapierre over Manny in that slot - Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen would be a very dangerous 3rd line, but that's another argument.

I like the line of Higgins-Kesler-Hansen. It would be maybe the best shut-down in the NHL -- certainlty one of the best -- and will provide solid secondary scoring as well.

Granted it's game one and the whole team looked a step behind the Sharks in the second and third period, but I really hope that they get Hansen off the second unit Power Play. He is such a buzz kill out there, fumbling the puck. -2 tonight. Yet if he got a second assist on something, Babych would bump this thread, so let's bump it tonight.

Invisible tonight, I think a 3rd line checking role with opportunistic offence suits him better than a purely skilled goal scorer/playmaker role does. Would rather see this for the next game:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Hansen - Santorelli - Richardson

Weise - Dalpe - Sestito (honestly doesn't matter who plays on this line)

Babych, even you could have scored the two goals he has - set up perfectly by Sedins in the slot. Let's not fool ourselves. Playing on first and second lines and power play. I see Torts was getting frustrated towards the end of the game, and tried Booth with Sedins instead. Hurry back Burrows.

That's not my entire problem, no. But looking at what the needs of the team are, and what he is, I think it would be better to trade him. To be honest, I'd prefer Raymond over Hansen, Mr. Everybody-Hates-Raymond, and he comes at half the expense of a Hansen now. At least he has a distinct role and is a natural goal scorer. Hansen isn't a natural scorer, he isn't a hard checker, he doesn't fight, he has no distinctive qualities, other than 'hard worker, good PK killer,' and whatever else you could say that could easily describe any number of AHLers.

Raymond are you kidding me a guy who disappears after the start of the season when guys start waking up and get going.Raymond had one good season thanks to Kesler after that nothing, especially down the stretch when he disappears and plays his peremiter game. Hansen atleast plays hard and has improved every year. Now is his time and he should be primed as where Raymond has declined every year period. Hansen either takes a step forward this year or will be a solid bottom 6 for this team. Raymond however will have a good start in TO this year and then cool off as normal this is his last shoot so he better play his ass off this year if he wants a job next year.

Raymond are you kidding me a guy who disappears after the start of the season when guys start waking up and get going.Raymond had one good season thanks to Kesler after that nothing, especially down the stretch when he disappears and plays his peremiter game. Hansen atleast plays hard and has improved every year. Now is his time and he should be primed as where Raymond has declined every year period. Hansen either takes a step forward this year or will be a solid bottom 6 for this team. Raymond however will have a good start in TO this year and then cool off as normal this is his last shoot so he better play his ass off this year if he wants a job next year.

My guess is that both players put up 20+ goals and 50+ points this year. Hansen will see a fair bit of time in the top 6 and is starting to show that he can handle those type of minutes. I think peoples views are a little skewed due to last year being cut short but Hansen was on pace for a 17 goal/47 point season which is more than adequate production from any 2nd line winger in the NHL. I think he will build on that even more under Torts' system and eclipse the 50 point mark this year.

Raymond on the other hand simply had no place left on this Canucks team. He wasn't going to beat out Sedin, Burrows, Kassian, Booth, Hansen or Higgins for a spot on the top 3 lines and it simply made more sense to give Jensen, Shinkaruk and Schroeder a shot at the lineup instead. That said, I fully expect Raymond will put up 50+ points in Toronto and hope he does. The only downside will be the media and certain fans complaining about how we let him get away. In reality, his game is more suited towards the wide open eastern style play which should see him pot 20+ goals.

Babych, even you could have scored the two goals he has - set up perfectly by Sedins in the slot. Let's not fool ourselves. Playing on first and second lines and power play. I see Torts was getting frustrated towards the end of the game, and tried Booth with Sedins instead. Hurry back Burrows.

Burrows scores THE EXACT SAME WAY and still misses a whole bunch of easy tap-ins. I don't see why everyone praises Burrows.

To be fair, I have some pretty soft hands.

Raymond has badly outplayed Hansen already this season. Hansen two easy goals from saucer Sedin passes, but continues to hurt the team with unnecessary / untimely penalties, agitates the opposition but refuses to fight, so makes his line-mates vulnerable to retribution, he is eating up top line minutes with just the two tap-ins to show for it, had a partial shot-block against the Flames that sent the puck in top corner past Lack, and is a Minus 2 (-2), despite playing with Sedins and Kesler line.

Raymond, 2 goals, 2 assists, shootout goal, Plus one, costs less than Hansen, and doesn't have all-star Sedins setting him up.

Burrows scores THE EXACT SAME WAY and still misses a whole bunch of easy tap-ins. I don't see why everyone praises Burrows.

Burrows has scored 109 5v5 goals since 2008/9 when he started playing with the Sedins. I'd wager a hefty sum that ~90 of those goals were of the variety that Hansen has scored so far this season. It takes skill to finish off those passes, only a hater would say otherwise.

Burrows has scored 109 5v5 goals since 2008/9 when he started playing with the Sedins. I'd wager a hefty sum that ~90 of those goals were of the variety that Hansen has scored so far this season. It takes skill to finish off those passes, only a hater would say otherwise.

Are people suggesting Hansen is as good as Alex Burrows? That's what it sounds like.

Guess what, Anson Carter scored goals like that. A bunch of other tryouts. Burrows cycles the puck with the Sedins. He scores unbelievable goals on his own. Give your heads a shake if you're putting Hansen on the same level as Burrows.

Are people suggesting Hansen is as good as Alex Burrows? That's what it sounds like.

Guess what, Anson Carter scored goals like that. A bunch of other tryouts. Burrows cycles the puck with the Sedins. He scores unbelievable goals on his own. Give your heads a shake if you're putting Hansen on the same level as Burrows.

Does your ass ever get jealous of the crap that comes out of your mouth?

WHEN HANSEN HAS AN OFF GAME:

"HURR HANSEN IS TERRIBLE HE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING"

WHEN HANSEN HAS A GOOD GAME:

"HURR HANSEN IS ONLY A PRODUCT OF THE OTHER PLAYERS ON THE TEAM AND NOT ACTUALLY GOOD HURR"

I'll take what I see him doing on the ice as my own evidence he's doing fine, and I'll definitely take that he's up there as a sign he's earned it from Torts.

Your posts are cringeworthy and physically embarrass me to read. I'm sorry that you have such a grudge against a Canucks player, and can only wonder what he did to you to bring this treatment.

And no, it can be your opinion, but that's a mediocre as hell retort and it's getting old. Your opinion is objectively wrong.

Archived