The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen

Slegr

I really don't mind him this season, but I'm having too much fun with his fan club in this thread to show it.

Nine pages, beauty. Let's keep this thread going! (and for goodness sake, hit the minuses, you lazy fans)

we tend to need more negative threads..they seem to be working....example raymond and hansen both doing well

yeah what's up with this 'Daniel Sedin' guy anyway?

wannabe copycat is what he is. "ooh big bro you got yourself a trophy I should have one too gimme gimme gimme!" psssht, lame!

Chronology of an epic fail:

Here is the OP:

I respect Jannik Hansen in that he's a hard working player. His passion is usually pretty evident, and he has wheels.

But I get so frustrated seeing his offensive inabilities... those hands of stone, which neutralizes an otherwise potentially exciting third line with Cody Hodgson and Manny Malhotra.

I know Hansen will always have his fans and followers because he has a low cap hit and high work ethic, but I'd argue that if the Canucks want to continue to be considered an elite team, they need to re-evaluate his worth. He's a plugger, and on most mediocre teams he fits the bill, but upon Raymond's return, Hansen is one of those guys who I'd omit from the lineup before Hodgson or anyone else.

You might suggest that Hansen provides that hard forchecking or sandpaper edge the Canucks lack, but he's not a true 'Raffi Torres' type, and we have a whole fourth line dedicated to the bumping and bruising. A line of Hodgson, Malhotra, and Raymond really interests me, and I think would give the Canucks the extra bit of offense they need in order to score first and win some games.

After many minuses and comparisons to the Clutch thread, the OP changes his/her tune:

I really don't mind him this season, but I'm having too much fun with his fan club in this thread to show it.

Nine pages, beauty. Let's keep this thread going! (and for goodness sake, hit the minuses, you lazy fans)

To cap it off, the OP is also changed, to further bury the fail:

I don't respect Jannik Hansen in that he's not a very hard working player. His passion isn't usually pretty evident, and he is slow.

But I get so excited seeing his offensive abilities... those hands of magic, which electrify an otherwise potentially dull third line with Cody Hodgson and Manny Malhotra.

I know Hansen will always have his haters because he has a low cap hit and low work ethic, but I'd argue that if the Canucks want to continue to be considered an elite team, they need to re-evaluate his worth. He's a first liner, and on most mediocre teams you wouldn't find him, but upon Raymond's return, Hansen is one of those guys who I'd keep on the firt line before the Sedins or anyone else.

Well done Slegr! towel.gif

Let's be honest, if he played like he had in his career up until this season, he wouldn't have continued to be in the line-up. Glad to see, for his sake, that he managed to keep himself in there for now.

I still think we should trade him. His value has never been higher. When Booth returns, Hansen might have to go to our fourth line. And he's not an ideal great crasher/banger.

I still wouldn't trust Hansen in the playoffs. He played like Nathan Lafayette in last season's playoffs (nearly same amount of points, and rings the cross bar when we needed a goal).

And let's not forget what his actions caused in 2007 (first couple of seconds)

HAHAHAHA ... Babych, bring it :) Let's keep it alive!

"And let's not forget what his actions caused in 2007 (first couple of seconds)

"

Yeah real tough of you bringing something up that happened 4 years ago. I'm sure he is the only player in the history of Vancouver, "making a mistake"

Douche.

Sure buddy, you made this thread.

I bet you would say the same thing if he won a Selke, Art Ross and Conn Smyth this season. I really don't mind him this season, blah..blah..blah

People must have such a sad life that they get a kick out of trolling.

Let's be honest, if he played like he had in his career up until this season, he wouldn't have continued to be in the line-up. Glad to see, for his sake, that he managed to keep himself in there for now.

I still think we should trade him. His value has never been higher. When Booth returns, Hansen might have to go to our fourth line. And he's not an ideal great crasher/banger.

I still wouldn't trust Hansen in the playoffs. He played like Nathan Lafayette in last season's playoffs (nearly same amount of points, and rings the cross bar when we needed a goal).

And let's not forget what his actions caused in 2007 (first couple of seconds)

HAHAHAHA ... Babych, bring it :) Let's keep it alive!

:picard: lol

I don't respect Jannik Hansen in that he's not a very hard working player. His passion isn't usually pretty evident, and he is slow.

But I get so excited seeing his offensive abilities... those hands of magic, which electrify an otherwise potentially dull third line with Cody Hodgson and Manny Malhotra.

I know Hansen will always have his haters because he has a low cap hit and low work ethic, but I'd argue that if the Canucks want to continue to be considered an elite team, they need to re-evaluate his worth. He's a first liner, and on most mediocre teams you wouldn't find him, but upon Raymond's return, Hansen is one of those guys who I'd keep on the firt line before the Sedins or anyone else.

I didn't notice the edit. So now you're saying he's not hard working and has hands of magic, instead of the opposite?

Face it. He's hardworking, AND he's picking up some decent hands now. Keep trying to act all cool, but you're still gonna get ridiculed

Slegr and Clutch threads are shining examples of rampant idiocy, ignorance and knee-jerk reactions that go on daily in the CDC forum. Not everyone is like these two idiots but it is a lesson to people who keep spewing crap about things they don't know. We hope that at least Slegr and Clutch learn a little bit of lesson here but I know that is wishful thinking.

I didn't notice the edit. So now you're saying he's not hard working and has hands of magic, instead of the opposite?

Face it. He's hardworking, AND he's picking up some decent hands now. Keep trying to act all cool, but you're still gonna get ridiculed

This guy flip flops worse than John Kerry.

Archived