The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen

Slegr

>Hansen not good in the playoffs

You're kidding right? Hansen is one of our best playoff performers and came through and made the pass or scored the goal when we needed it. Even when the Bruins were beating up on us, and no one would play tough, he'd be in there slashing Ference in the leg or giving their forwards a hard shift. Hansen is the definition of what every team wants for their third line, and that was last season, when he didn't have the hands that he has now; Hansen is on track for a 20+ goal, 40+ point season and ultimately playing like a top six player while on our bottom six without any power play time. You're bogus, your opinion of Hansen is bogus, this thread is bogus.

Let's be honest, if he played like he had in his career up until this season, he wouldn't have continued to be in the line-up. Glad to see, for his sake, that he managed to keep himself in there for now.

I still think we should trade him. His value has never been higher. When Booth returns, Hansen might have to go to our fourth line. And he's not an ideal great crasher/banger.

I still wouldn't trust Hansen in the playoffs. He played like Nathan Lafayette in last season's playoffs (nearly same amount of points, and rings the cross bar when we needed a goal).

And let's not forget what his actions caused in 2007 (first couple of seconds)

HAHAHAHA ... Babych, bring it :) Let's keep it alive!

Wouldnt trust him in theplayoffs- a few seasons ago the shutdown line of Hansen, Kesler and Burrows was what was keeping us in the playoffs stoppeing us getting blown out the water. He is a brilliant shutdown player and will develop along the same lines as his previous 2 line mates- i could see it then and its now even more evident. Hansen is not a player you want to trade. Great value, great work ethic, can slot in up and down the lines, and now his hands have caught up he can also contribute offensively.

I would still say if we were in game 7 of a playoff 1 goal up i would throw out Hanson, Kesler and Burrows to see out the game. Not just that the line would also be able to contribute offensivly if needed.

Also that hit was an elbow and the puck crossed the blue line, it was bad officiating and lu calling for the penalty that caused thatgoal

• 2 weeks later...

Hansen is one of the most effective forecheckers and penalty killers in the league. Don't get rid of guys like that.

Burrows-Sedin-Sedin

Higgens-Kesler-Booth

Hansen-Hodgson-Raymond

Tough forward-Malhotra-Lappierre

Pk guys- Kes Hansen Burr Malhotra Lapierre. When Burr or Kes take a penalty Hansen becomes even more important to the team. I like seeing Burr and Kes out there together but one of them has to play the shift after penalty so now Hansen is in the top PK pairing and another reason not to trade him for a few more goals. Especially when your team is already leading the NHL in goals. Killing penalties is key to winning. When you have really good penalty killing you can play more aggressive on offense and defense. If te refs want to make it a penalty filled game you like that to as our power play is so dynamic. That s the strength of the Canucks the ability to roll four lines and special teams play. Don't trade away any of the top nine unless you can get Rick Nash for Mason Raymond+pick type of deal.

I've been even more disappointed with Hansen over the past couple of weeks. His goal last night, as called by shorty, "Hansen fumbles the puck.. scores", nice fluke goal, but good to see the Canucks get one.

You know one of the things that bothers me about Hansen? He refuses to fight now, ever since he broke his hand fighting in a preseason game. He's a third liner who has hands of stone, and he refuses them use them to stick up for himself and his teammates once in awhile. Honestly, aside from a good work ethic and speed, he's not the god a lot of the puck bunnies in the thread are making him to be.

But let's keep this thread rolling. The responses are hilarious.

I've been even more disappointed with Hansen over the past couple of weeks. His goal last night, as called by shorty, "Hansen fumbles the puck.. scores", nice fluke goal, but good to see the Canucks get one.

You know one of the things that bothers me about Hansen? He refuses to fight now, ever since he broke his hand fighting in a preseason game. He's a third liner who has hands of stone, and he refuses them use them to stick up for himself and his teammates once in awhile. Honestly, aside from a good work ethic and speed, he's not the god a lot of the puck bunnies in the thread are making him to be.

But let's keep this thread rolling. The responses are hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPNtmfyF3sc&feature=g-hist&context=G2f5deebAHTwMpjQAlAA

Archived