The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen

Slegr

I respect Jannik Hansen in that he's a hard working player. His passion is usually pretty evident, and he has wheels.

But I get so frustrated seeing his offensive inabilities... those hands of stone, which neutralizes an otherwise potentially exciting third line with Cody Hodgson and Manny Malhotra.

I know Hansen will always have his fans and followers because he has a low cap hit and high work ethic, but I'd argue that if the Canucks want to continue to be considered an elite team, they need to re-evaluate his worth. He's a plugger, and on most mediocre teams he fits the bill, but upon Raymond's return, Hansen is one of those guys who I'd omit from the lineup before Hodgson or anyone else.

You might suggest that Hansen provides that hard forchecking or sandpaper edge the Canucks lack, but he's not a true 'Raffi Torres' type, and we have a whole fourth line dedicated to the bumping and bruising. A line of Hodgson, Malhotra, and Raymond really interests me, and I think would give the Canucks the extra bit of offense they need in order to score first and win some games.

Hands down one of the best role players we have...Danny and Hank had a chuckle over your unecessary gripe:

xnhpcm.jpg

I'd rather keep Hansen, he works hards, is a great 2 way player, has wheels, good team member and comes relatively cheap for what he does. Raymond on the other hand has blazing speed but no consistency, good two way player as well but he needs to be a scorer not a Jannik Hansen, if he's going to do Hansen's job we might as well leave Hansen where he is and save ourselves Raymond's salary. All of this in light that we now have Booth of course.

Either way, Raymond's perimeter game frustrates the hell out of me, I mean you've got Kesler on your line buddy! use him!

When has Hansen ever produced anywhere near what Raymond has. I love Hansen, but lets not go overboard. The fact that Raymond brought his game to a point where we are comparing him defensively to Hansen, shows how hard he worked to become a two way player. At least if he is not contributing offensively, he is working his butt off out there.

Just as a reference for people. Raymond was only 5 pts off of his career mark last year, if you average his output over 82 games. Considering the injuries, I think people are a bit to hard on Raymond. And if we want of compare players and what they make. How about Kesler has a hit of 5 mill and Booth has a hit of 4.25?

Watching the games so far, I think its evident that Raymonds speed and defensive game is actually missed.

I respect Jannik Hansen in that he's a hard working player. His passion is usually pretty evident, and he has wheels.

But I get so frustrated seeing his offensive inabilities... those hands of stone, which neutralizes an otherwise potentially exciting third line with Cody Hodgson and Manny Malhotra.

I know Hansen will always have his fans and followers because he has a low cap hit and high work ethic, but I'd argue that if the Canucks want to continue to be considered an elite team, they need to re-evaluate his worth. He's a plugger, and on most mediocre teams he fits the bill, but upon Raymond's return, Hansen is one of those guys who I'd omit from the lineup before Hodgson or anyone else.

You might suggest that Hansen provides that hard forchecking or sandpaper edge the Canucks lack, but he's not a true 'Raffi Torres' type, and we have a whole fourth line dedicated to the bumping and bruising. A line of Hodgson, Malhotra, and Raymond really interests me, and I think would give the Canucks the extra bit of offense they need in order to score first and win some games.

Ur are stupid... Raymond is not suited to play grinding hockey with the heart and intensity Hansen can. Its very sad to say but Raymond may be the odd man out when he returns...

• 2 weeks later...

And that, children, is why you don't make alarmist posts after only 10 games in.

And that, children, is why you don't make alarmist posts after only 10 games in.

Oh please, Hansen is one of AV's pet projects, and as such, he lands on the first line with the Sedins. It's not that hard to start racking up points with the Sedins - even Wade Brookbank scored when thrown on a line with them.

Hmm... Rome gets power play time over guys like Ballard, and Rome manages to score two whole goals. Another pet project of AV's... it's enough to make the lesser fan delusional.

Oh please, Hansen is one of AV's pet projects, and as such, he lands on the first line with the Sedins. It's not that hard to start racking up points with the Sedins - even Wade Brookbank scored when thrown on a line with them.

Hmm... Rome gets power play time over guys like Ballard, and Rome manages to score two whole goals. Another pet project of AV's... it's enough to make the lesser fan delusional.

Yeah, because the results we're seeing are fake?

It clearly works. You're just delusional in thinking that you know better than our coaches.

As soon as Rome stops working on the PP, AV will take him off. Don't you worry about that.

In your OP you stated that Hansen had "hands of stone" and basically had no finish around the net. Now, you seem to have changed your tune. Is it that Hansen has no finish or is it that, when put in situations with elite-level players, Hansen actually can get the job done?

As to your comment regarding Rome scoring "two whole goals", you omit the fact that he's only played 3 games. And you also overlook the fact that Rome had another goal called back.

I do agree with your last statement - it is enough to make the lesser fan delusional.

What makes you think Ballard deserves PP time over Rome? With the way Ballard is playing, I also wouldn't give him PP time. Weak on defense and hasn't contributed much offensively. Yeah lets award him with PP time.

I love it when people bump threads just to prove the OP wrong afterwards. :P

Except that I'd love to continue seeing this thread up, no matter what the month, over the past three years. Hansen is still the exact same player, except that he's been placed on the first line and is benefiting, just as Anson Carter did. It's pretty concerning, to be honest. I'm pretty sure that on 29 other NHL teams, Hansen is not a first liner. It's no wonder we're fallening from our record season last year to a .500 hockey club.

now youre just mad your sensational b.s. claims are wrong and what AV has done has worked. and that goes for the ballard and rome moves. ballard had his shot, he failed, so far rome is working better. burrows is injured and hansen was given his shot and it has worked. everyone is a pet project of AV, hes the damn coach, thats his job, especially this early in the season when the whole goal is finding your best lines and getting some chemistry going. stop trying to cover your ass, accept you were wrong in spouting off at the mouth 2 weeks in to the season.

Really? Hansen has a 2 goal game the other night. One was a good tip infront of the net and one was him working his ass off infront of the net to dig the puck out of the crease and pull it to his forehand. Hate to say it, as much as you can say Sedins made it happen, Hansen did the effort and created the opportunities himself.

Archived