The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen

Slegr

When I think of Hansen, I get a little wet. And I'm a guy. I think.

It is depressing that if he just had the hands to finish that empty net goal, this entire series would be so much different.

Guest Gumballthechewy

While he doesn't have the best hands to call him stone hands is unfair, after all he was fourth in team scoring this year (third if you don't count Roy) and forth in goal scoring. He is a hard working player and for his price tag who do you suggest we get to replace him? For the same price that is.

I'm not upset with Hansen for missing the empty net, I'm upset with the rest of the team (with a few exceptions) for not playing like they wanted to be there and for not keeping the puck out of their own net for one more minute.

I'm not upset with Hansen for missing the empty net, I'm upset with the rest of the team ....

I don't understand why Hansen always gets the get-out-of-jail free card. Is it because of his low cap hit? Nobody expects anything out of him, so when he does zilch, it's okay, because it's just Jannik Hansen. So you get 27 points in the regular season and it's OKAY that you get zero in the playoffs? Not only that, but you miss a key empty net goal that would even the series against the Sharks at a game a piece? It was a sad day when Jannik Hansen was awarded the most exciting player award this year. That award has gone to the likes of Pavel Bure, Todd Bertuzzi, Trevor Linden, Toni Tanti, Tiger Williams, Markus Naslund, and Alexander Mogilny. Hansen is not exciting. He is frustrating as fudge! The guy gets a million scoring chances and finishes on a very small handful. He is a glorified Todd Marchant, very fast, but hands that will NEVER catch up to his feet. People on this thread have argued about how great Hansen is, and how important he is on a playoff team. Well he was useless out there. He was useless on the power play, useless when thrown on the Sedin's line, and useless in his usual third line plug role. If he truly is this team's most EXCITING player, I think that speaks VOLUMES about the real problems on this team.

I don't understand why Hansen always gets the get-out-of-jail free card. Is it because of his low cap hit? Nobody expects anything out of him, so when he does zilch, it's okay, because it's just Jannik Hansen. So you get 27 points in the regular season and it's OKAY that you get zero in the playoffs? Not only that, but you miss a key empty net goal that would even the series against the Sharks at a game a piece? It was a sad day when Jannik Hansen was awarded the most exciting player award this year. That award has gone to the likes of Pavel Bure, Todd Bertuzzi, Trevor Linden, Toni Tanti, Tiger Williams, Markus Naslund, and Alexander Mogilny. Hansen is not exciting. He is frustrating as fudge! The guy gets a million scoring chances and finishes on a very small handful. He is a glorified Todd Marchant, very fast, but hands that will NEVER catch up to his feet. People on this thread have argued about how great Hansen is, and how important he is on a playoff team. Well he was useless out there. He was useless on the power play, useless when thrown on the Sedin's line, and useless in his usual third line plug role. If he truly is this team's most EXCITING player, I think that speaks VOLUMES about the real problems on this team.

Just give it up. You're clueless on your assessment of the most consistently hard working player on this team.

Just give it up. You're clueless on your assessment of the most consistently hard working player on this team.

Clueless? Hansen is part of the problem with why this team gets abused by referees. He doesn't fight, he has hands of stone, and he plays dirty. At least guys like Lapierre - a true third/fourth liner - are backing up their physical play with fighting when need be.

Clueless? Hansen is part of the problem with why this team gets abused by referees. He doesn't fight, he has hands of stone, and he plays dirty. At least guys like Lapierre - a true third/fourth liner - are backing up their physical play with fighting when need be.

Don't you have a bridge to look after?

how did that dude get a -98? lol...i dont see a dislike button

There used to be a minus button on CDC but it was taken away a while ago...Have you checked the legendary "Burrows, do we really need him" thread? The OP has over -1000 if I remember correctly

Wow, that surprised me, he's dirtier then I thought but in his defense most of those were against boston so I mean respect

Guest Gumballthechewy

28528_zps729d7c78.jpg?t=1368076352

Hansen is good trade bait IMO. Yes, he is extremely fast and responsible on the PK but he isnt physical or strong enough to be a 3rd liner and regularly go up against the opposition 2nd/4th lines. As it stands, Hansen has clearly the worst hands in the top 9 and when not sore from fighting, I'd rate Weise to have better hands than Hansen too. He is fast and hardworking but in the playoffs, where there is less room, he is not going to win puck battles or do much with his shot.

The other thing to consider, is that Hansen is *currently* a low cap hit but his contract is up next year and he's taken us to arbitration before for value- chances are, he will want more than what we should pay for him (IMO, he is not worth more than 1.5-1.7 million) and would likely fetch a 2.5-3 million in the free market. As such, we should trade him when his value is high. he might even fetch us a 2nd round draft pick or a decent prospect.

But if Hansen hangs around one more season, he will not do much in the post season and then walk.

Lol whoever made that video is seriously desperate. Hansen knew all the crap Boston were throwing out and he was sticking up for his teammates. The only thing I really don't like on that video was when he got his stick in the Red Wings player's skates, he shouldn't have done that.

Hansen belongs on the 4th line if we are going to build a playoff team.

Someone above says he's a hard worker. Yes he is just like every guy in the Sharks team, every guy in the Blues team.......Wow! how low the CDC standards must be if being a hard worker and a fast skater with hands of stone get you into Vancouver Canucks fans dream team 1st/2nd line.

Mason Raymond is a hard worker, ok he doesn't go around cheap shotting opposition players and "enhancing" the Canucks rep like Hansen but he scored and stood out in the playoffs with the 4th highest number of points, the highest +/- in the team and the 6th highest number of shots on the roster despite not playing on the PP (almost double the number from Higgins )

Lol whoever made that video is seriously desperate. Hansen knew all the crap Boston were throwing out and he was sticking up for his teammates. The only thing I really don't like on that video was when he got his stick in the Red Wings player's skates, he shouldn't have done that.

That's not sticking up for your team mates you hypocrite.

If that was a player on another team doing that to Canucks players CDC would go into meltdown. He needs to man up and drop the gloves if he has a beef, otherwise stop killing this teams rep.

Mason Raymond had his back badly injured by the same play he put on that Danish player............do you remember CDC after Raymond was hit.

It's a good job the Canucks medics were so incompetent because if Raymond had gone off the ice on a gurney as he should have been the Vancouver riots would probably happened a game earlier.

If that was a player on another team doing that to Canucks players CDC would go into meltdown. He needs to man up and drop the gloves if he has a beef, otherwise stop killing this teams rep.

Mason Raymond had his back badly injured by the same play he put on that Danish player............do you remember CDC after Raymond was hit.

It's a good job the Canucks medics were so incompetent because if Raymond had gone off the ice on a gurney as he should have been the Vancouver riots would probably happened a game earlier.

What the hell are you??? A Boston fan?? Anybody can take any single player in the NHL, make a video of them and make them look either like angels or dirty rats. Why the hell would Hansen start fighting against Boston bullies? He did the right thing in getting them pissed off, so they don't focus on their game. Who would not want them to do that. The commentators just wants a fight on the ice, so the3 Bruins could do what they do best. Hell if you want to pick and choose you could even make Sedins look like scum... I find it astonishing that you would start to pick on the cheapest players on the team for this pathetic playoff performance. How about moaning about someone who actually gets paid lots to actually win the games instead of players who's job primarily is to defend. Defenders paid over 5 million, who couldn't defend a fish supper 1st liners paid 5-6 million who cant score etc... And you choose to vent your anger at a player who is paid 1 million and actually far ecceded what was expected of him while half the team was out with injuries. Typical CDC crap... Then its Hansen, then Its Mason etc etc etc Yes he missed an empty netter, but we lost series 4-0 so it was hardly the end all be all...

Actually Seidenberg was chopping the Sedins legs much worse than what Hansen was doing there.

That hit was nothing like the Raymond hit. That guy had the puck and turned his back just before the hit, neither of those things happened on the Raymond hit. I agree Raymond wasn't treated very well by the medical staff.

Archived