The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen

Slegr

You are one of the most clueless people I have ever heard speak with regard to hockey. There are people who refer to goals as "baskets" who have more sense than you.

There are about 15 hardcore Hansen puck bunnies on this forum. JamJam, you are one!

Are you seriously not done with this charade? He's proven himself useful. Grow up and stop attention whoring.

Useful? Post season, he disappears. For that amount of money, the team could benefit more from a Maxim Lapierre, or Raffi Torres, or dozens of other third liners who can fight, and not just agitate. Our top 6 already has no fighters (apart from Kassian, if he sticks, and Booth). It's not about what Hansen can do, it's about what he can't do. He doesn't have a real purpose on the team outside from being a fan favourite plug.

There's no charade here. Just an opinion, which is what CDC is all about, so deal with it.

Useful? Post season, he disappears. For that amount of money, the team could benefit more from a Maxim Lapierre, or Raffi Torres, or dozens of other third liners who can fight, and not just agitate. Our top 6 already has no fighters (apart from Kassian, if he sticks, and Booth). It's not about what Hansen can do, it's about what he can't do. He doesn't have a real purpose on the team outside from being a fan favourite plug.

There's no charade here. Just an opinion, which is what CDC is all about, so deal with it.

So your entire problem with Hansen is that he isn't a goon or the next Lucic? Maybe you should go cheer for the Bruins, champ.

So your entire problem with Hansen is that he isn't a goon or the next Lucic? Maybe you should go cheer for the Bruins, champ.

That's not my entire problem, no. But looking at what the needs of the team are, and what he is, I think it would be better to trade him. To be honest, I'd prefer Raymond over Hansen, Mr. Everybody-Hates-Raymond, and he comes at half the expense of a Hansen now. At least he has a distinct role and is a natural goal scorer. Hansen isn't a natural scorer, he isn't a hard checker, he doesn't fight, he has no distinctive qualities, other than 'hard worker, good PK killer,' and whatever else you could say that could easily describe any number of AHLers.

That's not my entire problem, no. But looking at what the needs of the team are, and what he is, I think it would be better to trade him. To be honest, I'd prefer Raymond over Hansen, Mr. Everybody-Hates-Raymond, and he comes at half the expense of a Hansen now. At least he has a distinct role and is a natural goal scorer. Hansen isn't a natural scorer, he isn't a hard checker, he doesn't fight, he has no distinctive qualities, other than 'hard worker, good PK killer,' and whatever else you could say that could easily describe any number of AHLers.

Show me any number of AHLers that will hit 50 points this year. And yes, Hansen does have a distinct role - but you belittle it by trying to make it seem like it's not a valuable quality for him to have. A hardworking, 50 points per season that kills penalties for $2.5m per season? Teams would kill to have Hansen. He's invaluable.

Show me any number of AHLers that will hit 50 points this year. And yes, Hansen does have a distinct role - but you belittle it by trying to make it seem like it's not a valuable quality for him to have. A hardworking, 50 points per season that kills penalties for $2.5m per season? Teams would kill to have Hansen. He's invaluable.

Hansen is a Matt Cooke in the making. In a year or two, we'll be wishing we can ship him out.

Lappierre. You've got to be kidding. "Oh...it's a tie game, I better go out and get a penalty." Always a (-) player who has only once put up more that 20 pts in a season. So glad he's gone.

And who exactly are on Chicago's top 6 that drop the gloves? Kane? Hossa? Toews? Sharp? How 'bout Frolic? Handzus? Maybe Bickell will drop the gloves, I don't know. The guy averages about 45 pims a season. How the heck did these guys win the SCF anyways? :shock:

If you see Hansen as being a plug, then you aren't watching the games. Perhaps boxing would be more up your alley.

When I started this thread, I was virtually the only one who saw that Hansen is extremely frustrating, and despite strong work ethic and speed, would be better suited elsewhere. We need more size and intimidation on 3rd and 4th lines, not another poor man's Burrows. Now on Hansen threads, it is good to see some others coming around. This 4 yr contract extension for Hansen has a NTC, which will end up handcuffing the Canucks.

A line of Hodgson, Malhotra, and Raymond really interests me, and I think would give the Canucks the extra bit of offense they need in order to score first and win some games.

Raymond and Hodgson add more more "size and intimidation on 3rd and 4th lines"?

Thank god you were wrong about not liking the new contract!

Yup - never so happy to be wrong! I was fearing that talks would drag on until next year and Gillis would be forced to hand out a 3 yr/ $9 million contract or something to that effect.

I'm feeling a big year from Hansen - very glad he's a Canuck for another 4 years after this one.

To be fair to Slegr - even though I completely disagree with him on this topic he's stuck by his guns since day 1.

When I started this thread, I was virtually the only one who saw that Hansen is extremely frustrating, and despite strong work ethic and speed, would be better suited elsewhere. We need more size and intimidation on 3rd and 4th lines, not another poor man's Burrows. Now on Hansen threads, it is good to see some others coming around. This 4 yr contract extension for Hansen has a NTC, which will end up handcuffing the Canucks.

I dunno. It's a limited NTC and a still very reasonable cap hit. If it were in the $3 million range I might reconsider but, for the moment, I'm happy to be a Hansen "puck bunny".

Whatever that is.

Torts is going to eat Hansen alive. "You don't fight?" "No, I hurt my hand doing it once." "You don't throw bone-crushing hits?" "No, but I'm speedy!" "You have hands of stone and frustrate the heck out of fans and teammates?" "That's my specialty. Can I play with the Sedins please?"

Torts on Hansen - "He’s impressed me because I know I can use him in a lot of different spots. PP, PK - he's versatile."

https://twitter.com/VanCanucks

New coach John Tortorella, who bills himself as a situational coach and is known for being highly demanding, also likes the different dimensions that Hansen can bring to a game.

"From what I know of him, he's a utility guy in my eyes," said Tortorella. "I can put him in a lot of different spots. (He can) play up and down the lineup in a lot of different roles. I think he needs to understand a little bit how we play defence. But he's had a good (training) camp.

"He impresses me. So I think (his new contract) is a good thing."

Offering praise that was rarely heard on other players' performances in the pre-season, Tortorella said Hansen played "very well." The coach also likes his ability to handle special-teams duties.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=433036

Glad to see this signing.

The term and the cap hit are good. I don't see a LTC as being too much of a problem. If in the future the team is in a position (good or bad) where Hansen no longer has a place, then I suspect he would be happy to leave rather than stay around here and sit in the press box. His playing ability, combined with this good contract would make him a valuable asset to another team and would (likely) return a good selection of picks/prospects/roster player.

regards,

G.

Archived