Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:05 AM

POPULAR

>Hansen not good in the playoffs

You're kidding right? Hansen is one of our best playoff performers and came through and made the pass or scored the goal when we needed it. Even when the Bruins were beating up on us, and no one would play tough, he'd be in there slashing Ference in the leg or giving their forwards a hard shift. Hansen is the definition of what every team wants for their third line, and that was last season, when he didn't have the hands that he has now; Hansen is on track for a 20+ goal, 40+ point season and ultimately playing like a top six player while on our bottom six without any power play time. You're bogus, your opinion of Hansen is bogus, this thread is bogus.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#182 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:45 AM

Guess who had 2 points tonight?
(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

#183 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,596 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:51 AM

Guess who had 2 points tonight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

#184 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:54 AM

Holy crap, Clutch changed his name

RIP LB RR PD

#185 cammy

cammy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:57 AM

Let's be honest, if he played like he had in his career up until this season, he wouldn't have continued to be in the line-up. Glad to see, for his sake, that he managed to keep himself in there for now.

I still think we should trade him. His value has never been higher. When Booth returns, Hansen might have to go to our fourth line. And he's not an ideal great crasher/banger.

I still wouldn't trust Hansen in the playoffs. He played like Nathan Lafayette in last season's playoffs (nearly same amount of points, and rings the cross bar when we needed a goal).

And let's not forget what his actions caused in 2007 (first couple of seconds)

HAHAHAHA ... Babych, bring it :) Let's keep it alive!

Wouldnt trust him in theplayoffs- a few seasons ago the shutdown line of Hansen, Kesler and Burrows was what was keeping us in the playoffs stoppeing us getting blown out the water. He is a brilliant shutdown player and will develop along the same lines as his previous 2 line mates- i could see it then and its now even more evident. Hansen is not a player you want to trade. Great value, great work ethic, can slot in up and down the lines, and now his hands have caught up he can also contribute offensively.

I would still say if we were in game 7 of a playoff 1 goal up i would throw out Hanson, Kesler and Burrows to see out the game. Not just that the line would also be able to contribute offensivly if needed.

Also that hit was an elbow and the puck crossed the blue line, it was bad officiating and lu calling for the penalty that caused thatgoal

Edited by cammy, 22 December 2011 - 07:58 AM.

#186 madrigal77

madrigal77

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:53 AM

Pathetic attempt at editing your post to make yourself look less like a dumbass.
Bring back the minus!!!

Posted Image

#187 zamboni

zamboni

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:16 PM

Pathetic attempt at editing your post to make yourself look less like a dumbass.

And he failed again.

#188 DoItForRaymond

DoItForRaymond

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:22 PM

hahahahah the OP is a bloody clown!!! Your new name is BOZO!!!

#189 Vanderbolt

Vanderbolt

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

Yeah - thats stupid and cowardly

#190 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

Another goal...

Edited by babych, 02 January 2012 - 07:06 PM.

Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

#191 fifafu

fifafu

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

Hansen is one of the most effective forecheckers and penalty killers in the league. Don't get rid of guys like that.

Burrows-Sedin-Sedin
Higgens-Kesler-Booth
Hansen-Hodgson-Raymond
Tough forward-Malhotra-Lappierre

Pk guys- Kes Hansen Burr Malhotra Lapierre. When Burr or Kes take a penalty Hansen becomes even more important to the team. I like seeing Burr and Kes out there together but one of them has to play the shift after penalty so now Hansen is in the top PK pairing and another reason not to trade him for a few more goals. Especially when your team is already leading the NHL in goals. Killing penalties is key to winning. When you have really good penalty killing you can play more aggressive on offense and defense. If te refs want to make it a penalty filled game you like that to as our power play is so dynamic. That s the strength of the Canucks the ability to roll four lines and special teams play. Don't trade away any of the top nine unless you can get Rick Nash for Mason Raymond+pick type of deal.

#192 Vanderbolt

Vanderbolt

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:27 AM

not to trade him for a few more goals.

Quite difficult I would say. He is 16th in the NHL in EvS goals.....

#193 fifafu

fifafu

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

You are correct that should have read "for a few more percieved goals".

#194 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,795 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

Hansen the odd man out? Really?

This guy can play on any line, in any situation, and can score goals. There are very few players that can do this.
Posted Image

#195 MistaT

MistaT

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

Honestly, I'd rather trade any one of Raymond, Booth and Higgins (maybe not) ahead of Hansen.

Huge part of this team....and a good guy.
Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Canucks, baby!

#196 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • 8,735 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

Wow.... This is deffs the new "burrows, do we really want him?" thread....

Bring back the minus so we can bring it to -1000!

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#197 iLLmAtlc

iLLmAtlc

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

Man what a cop-out to edit the main post in December. It doesn't help TC it just makes you look like a _____.

Edited by iLLmAtlc, 03 January 2012 - 05:03 PM.

Posted Image

#198 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

Here's a nice TSN article:

My link

#199 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

I've been even more disappointed with Hansen over the past couple of weeks. His goal last night, as called by shorty, "Hansen fumbles the puck.. scores", nice fluke goal, but good to see the Canucks get one.

You know one of the things that bothers me about Hansen? He refuses to fight now, ever since he broke his hand fighting in a preseason game. He's a third liner who has hands of stone, and he refuses them use them to stick up for himself and his teammates once in awhile. Honestly, aside from a good work ethic and speed, he's not the god a lot of the puck bunnies in the thread are making him to be.

But let's keep this thread rolling. The responses are hilarious.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#200 InSoM-

InSoM-

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

I've been even more disappointed with Hansen over the past couple of weeks. His goal last night, as called by shorty, "Hansen fumbles the puck.. scores", nice fluke goal, but good to see the Canucks get one.

You know one of the things that bothers me about Hansen? He refuses to fight now, ever since he broke his hand fighting in a preseason game. He's a third liner who has hands of stone, and he refuses them use them to stick up for himself and his teammates once in awhile. Honestly, aside from a good work ethic and speed, he's not the god a lot of the puck bunnies in the thread are making him to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPNtmfyF3sc&feature=g-hist&context=G2f5deebAHTwMpjQAlAA

Posted Image
X-360 Gamertag: InSoMnIaK604

NHL 12 Sim League Boston Bruins GM
VHL Montreal Canadiens GM

#201 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,775 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:50 AM

Posted Image

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#202 doraemonBlue

doraemonBlue

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:52 AM

Hansen's a terrific utility player. He does a little bit of everything....:emot-parrot:

#203 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:42 AM

Hansen's a terrific utility player. He does a little bit of everything....:emot-parrot:

A little bit of Jannik Hansen?
The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#204 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:11 AM

Oh please, Hansen is one of AV's pet projects, and as such, he lands on the first line with the Sedins. It's not that hard to start racking up points with the Sedins - even Wade Brookbank scored when thrown on a line with them.

Hmm... Rome gets power play time over guys like Ballard, and Rome manages to score two whole goals. Another pet project of AV's... it's enough to make the lesser fan delusional.

Except that I'd love to continue seeing this thread up, no matter what the month, over the past three years. Hansen is still the exact same player, except that he's been placed on the first line and is benefiting, just as Anson Carter did. It's pretty concerning, to be honest. I'm pretty sure that on 29 other NHL teams, Hansen is not a first liner. It's no wonder we're fallening from our record season last year to a .500 hockey club.

Look at me! I'm turning into a minus player... like Jannik Hansen!

I'm getting minuses for Hansen compliments. Oh boy. No wonder other fans can't stand us.

I'm not arguing that Hansen doesn't provide speed and good work ethic. And I'm glad to see he's producing more than usual this year. With the number of injuries this year, Hansen's presence has been welcome on the team. But he's still a plugger in my estimation. He's like a Todd Marchant - very fast, but hands that will annoy the heck out of you, when you consider how many scoring chances he could be finishing. He bobbles the puck far too much, and while he has his "break-out" points this season, much of that is due to the skill of Sedins and Kesler.

Love this thread - let's keep it going!

Hansen scores his 10th goal of the season, and arguably is nicest goal. Let's trade him while his value is at an all-time high!

Let's be honest, if he played like he had in his career up until this season, he wouldn't have continued to be in the line-up. Glad to see, for his sake, that he managed to keep himself in there for now.

I still think we should trade him. His value has never been higher. When Booth returns, Hansen might have to go to our fourth line. And he's not an ideal great crasher/banger.

I still wouldn't trust Hansen in the playoffs. He played like Nathan Lafayette in last season's playoffs (nearly same amount of points, and rings the cross bar when we needed a goal).

And let's not forget what his actions caused in 2007 (first couple of seconds)

HAHAHAHA ... Babych, bring it :) Let's keep it alive!

:lol: :D

Thanks for the LULZ!

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#205 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

A little bit of Jannik Hansen?

I think I saw one of you Hansen bunnies in the crowd recently, sporting a "Marry me Hansen" sign... mwhaha!

Edited by Slegr, 04 January 2012 - 08:05 PM.

"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#206 CaNuCkSLoUiE23

CaNuCkSLoUiE23

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,394 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

I think I saw one of you Hansen bunnies in the crowd recently, sporting a "Marry me Hansen" sign... mwhaha!

Everyone knows that was you.

Edited by CaNuCkSLoUiE23, 04 January 2012 - 09:01 PM.

#207 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

Okay, last five games, Hansen gets one point. In today's game against Boston, one of the biggest games of the year, Hansen looks so out of place out there. He's not doing anything offensively, he isn't tough or putting the hurt on the Bruins, he refuses to drop the gloves when challenged...

Why can't people see that, if the Canucks had a fully healthy roster - including some key 4th liners out - that he doesn't deserve to be in the line-up, on an elite team?

Sure, he's "speedy" and is good at killing penalties, and has a low cap hit. Sure, he's got his 12 goals.. big 'break through' year. But please. Even Taylor Pyatt had 23 goals for the Canucks one season... maybe we should bring him back for the third line?!

The original message in this thread stays the same - Hansen is a solid player. The Canucks, when fully healthy, have an incredible team. An Elite team! Hansen, ultimately is a plugger. Up against teams like Boston, he was non-existent. He still doesn't deserve a roster spot when this team is healthy.

Edited by Slegr, 07 January 2012 - 05:09 PM.

-Jiri Slegr

#208 MRI

MRI

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

his contribution today

at the 13 sec mark, you can see hansen on the bench telling the ref bruins have 6 skaters on the ice. he looked like he was counting before this

#209 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,596 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

Okay, last five games, Hansen gets one point. In today's game against Boston, one of the biggest games of the year, Hansen looks so out of place out there. He's not doing anything offensively, he isn't tough or putting the hurt on the Bruins, he refuses to drop the gloves when challenged...

Why can't people see that, if the Canucks had a fully healthy roster - including some key 4th liners out - that he doesn't deserve to be in the line-up, on an elite team?

Sure, he's "speedy" and is good at killing penalties, and has a low cap hit. Sure, he's got his 12 goals.. big 'break through' year. But please. Even Taylor Pyatt had 23 goals for the Canucks one season... maybe we should bring him back for the third line?!

The original message in this thread stays the same - Hansen is a solid player. The Canucks, when fully healthy, have an incredible team. An Elite team! Hansen, ultimately is a plugger. Up against teams like Boston, he was non-existent. He still doesn't deserve a roster spot when this team is healthy.

you're a worse judge of talent than Canucklelion

#210 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:07 PM

Another dud game by Hansen. Over 17 minutes of playing time, helped do nothing but neutralize linemates. He fumbled the puck 'a plenty, ran into his own teammates...
BREAK OUT SEASON BABY!
Why aren't all the Hansen lovers bringing this thread back to life on all these great performances of late?
Oh yeah, he has to get his fluke goal or second assist to Cody Hodgson to muster up all the stir.
-Jiri Slegr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.