The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen

Slegr

I'm not arguing that Hansen doesn't provide speed and good work ethic. And I'm glad to see he's producing more than usual this year. With the number of injuries this year, Hansen's presence has been welcome on the team. But he's still a plugger in my estimation. He's like a Todd Marchant - very fast, but hands that will annoy the heck out of you, when you consider how many scoring chances he could be finishing. He bobbles the puck far too much, and while he has his "break-out" points this season, much of that is due to the skill of Sedins and Kesler.

Love this thread - let's keep it going!

Much of that is due to the skill of Kesler and the Sedins? I didnt realize they were finishing for him. Hansen is progressing much at the same pace as Kesler did, and if it wasnt for the injuries he would likely be much farther ahead in his development. I dont see any reason why he wont develop into exactly the same type of player as Kesler. Remember his hands?

He is on pace for about 25 goals and 20 ass, and thats not taking into account the horrible start he had going 7 games with only 1 assist. Since that ended he hasnt gone more than 2 games without getting at least a point.

You are also grading him as if he is much more than he currently is. He far out plays his pay scale, and has a measly 1.35 cap hit. You need to give the guy more credit for improving his game. Obviously playing with better linemates will help anyone produce more. Isnt that one of the reasons Kesler, and Burrows started producing more? Kesler and the Sedins dont put the puck in the net for him. Honestly any points Hansen gets is just gravy, its the rest of his game that interests most. Blazing speed, physicality, defence, and forchecking.

The Canucks coaching staff has my appreciation for developing very good defensive forwards. Burrows, Kesler, Raymond, Hanson...and bringing in the likes of Higgins , Manny and Lapierre. Hopefully they get some of that through to Booth.

Jannick fricking Hansen one of the fastest skaters in the NHL proving that when you work hard enough good things happen. I love how Hansen cuts in on Phaneuf, takes the puck to the net and finishes the play all at top speed. Awesome goal! When the Canucks are healthy they boast five very fast forwards in Burrows, Raymond, Hansen, Kesler, and Booth. Super proud of Jannick having his break out season finally. If he gets twenty goals this season im going to buy his jersey. Go Hansen go!

Jannick fricking Hansen one of the fastest skaters in the NHL proving that when you work hard enough good things happen. I love how Hansen cuts in on Phaneuf, takes the puck to the net and finishes the play all at top speed. Awesome goal! When the Canucks are healthy they boast five very fast forwards in Burrows, Raymond, Hansen, Kesler, and Booth. Super proud of Jannick having his break out season finally. If he gets twenty goals this season im going to buy his jersey. Go Hansen go!

lol I already bought his jersey before the season started knowing that he will be having a breakout year after watching him in training camp :)

Also love how the Burr thread and this thread are active at the same time. Who's next? A Weise, do we really want him thread? :lol:

Before, I thought of you as the next "Clutch". But now I know I am wrong. Clutch was smart enough to know he made a huge mistake in judgement and stopped posting in the thread. However, you are dumb enough to keep on bashing Hansen while he is clearly having a break out season lol.

I now understand why your name is Slegr. You think as fast as Slegr skated.

I respect Jannik Hansen in that he's a hard working player. His passion is usually pretty evident, and he has wheels.

But I get so frustrated seeing his offensive inabilities... those hands of stone, which neutralizes an otherwise potentially exciting third line with Cody Hodgson and Manny Malhotra.

I know Hansen will always have his fans and followers because he has a low cap hit and high work ethic, but I'd argue that if the Canucks want to continue to be considered an elite team, they need to re-evaluate his worth. He's a plugger, and on most mediocre teams he fits the bill, but upon Raymond's return, Hansen is one of those guys who I'd omit from the lineup before Hodgson or anyone else.

You might suggest that Hansen provides that hard forchecking or sandpaper edge the Canucks lack, but he's not a true 'Raffi Torres' type, and we have a whole fourth line dedicated to the bumping and bruising. A line of Hodgson, Malhotra, and Raymond really interests me, and I think would give the Canucks the extra bit of offense they need in order to score first and win some games.

This.

Archived