The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Hunger Games

stawns

The first movie of this very popular series is set to come out in March of 2012. I very much enjoyed the books and look forward to the movie.

Here is the IMDb page for the cast and crew. I'm pretty happy with the cast, for the most part. A little baffled by Lenny Kravitz, but looking forward to Woody playing Haymitch.

If you've read the books, what d you think of the casting?

I have the same expectations for the Hunger Games as I have for every other book-movie adaption: extremely low.

I hope it turns out well though. Amazing series, I finished the whole trilogy in one day since i was so hooked.

• 4 months later...

The movie comes out in a week? Anyone counting down? If you are particularly nerdy you can go to www.thecapitol.pn and get yourself a panem id and find out what district you would be in :)

I just finished re-reading "The Hunger Games" Now I am on "Catching Fire" Again :) Good series!

Oh I am in district one and my job is a furrier.

The first movie of this very popular series is set to come out in March of 2012. I very much enjoyed the books and look forward to the movie.

Here is the IMDb page for the cast and crew. I'm pretty happy with the cast, for the most part. A little baffled by Lenny Kravitz, but looking forward to Woody playing Haymitch.

If you've read the books, what d you think of the casting?

Chicklets I thought the end of the last book could have had more to it. My brother thought the end sucked tho.

Spoiler alert

he was mad because prim dies in book three and he felt that the whole point of katniss volunteering was to save prim. I saw it differently. There was a shift in the story, you could say at the end of the games in one I say 2. But yeah.

The Hunger Games trilogy, particularly the first book, is entirely plot-based. The writing and editing are extremely poor, but you don't care as much once you get hooked by the plot. As soon as I finished the first one I thought "this is one of the few books that will be a better movie than a book" - it's short, plot-based and a visual representation could make the love story less forced.

For those of you debating the qualities of Harry Potter, The Hunger Games and Twilight, I think that debate can be accurately distilled down into this:

1. Hunger Games - poor writing, good plot

2. Harry Potter - quality writing, great plot

3. Twilight - miserable writing, poor plot

Archived