The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Hunger Games

stawns

That review makes a very good point about Cinna. Although he isn't featured in the majority of the actual story, the effect he has on Katniss and Panem as a whole wasn't nearly as significant as it should have been in the movie.

Also, why did Ross want to make it seem like Cinna snuck the Mockingjay pin into the arena with Katniss? Another needless change. One that will probably bite him in the behind when the it's time to film the 2nd movie. How is the symbol supposed to catch on if nobody can see the pin?

edit: just fixing a spelling error...

for the bolded part: she's wearing it at the end when she's being crowned, and the old guy (president? dictator?) talks about it, so it would have been on the broadcast and everyone would have seen it.

I watched the movie and I thought it was fantastic! Funny, I think Don Cherry's wardrobe would fit right in to The Hunger Games

DonCherry.jpg

Two things I did not like

When Cato and the others have Katniss trapped in the tree and they decide to wait her out...why didn't they just start a fire? She would have had to come down or possibly die in the process. Also, in the same vein, why didn't Cato's group have a sentry rotation so that if Katniss tried to do something (like the trackerjack's nest) they would warn the others?

I watched the movie and I thought it was fantastic! Funny, I think Don Cherry's wardrobe would fit right in to The Hunger Games

DonCherry.jpg

Two things I did not like

When Cato and the others have Katniss trapped in the tree and they decide to wait her out...why didn't they just start a fire? She would have had to come down or possibly die in the process. Also, in the same vein, why didn't Cato's group have a sentry rotation so that if Katniss tried to do something (like the trackerjack's nest) they would warn the others?

Just saw the movie, and thought it was one of the better book-to-screen movies out there.

Must be really hard to go from 1st person to 3rd person though, since they'll have to imply a lot of things. To me, some things may not have made any sense if you didn't read the book first.

Also...

Isn't District 8 the one who rebelled in the second book, rather than 11?

Just watched it...

Honestly, it had wayyy too many cheesy hollywood type scenes. I really thought audiences were smarter now but I guess not.

Typical cheesy hollywood ending as well.

Over all it was soso, not worth spending $12.50 in the theatres imo. Maybe if you have kids that are into the books then go see it.

PG ruines a movie like this, they hardly had any death scenes and when there was one it was for a split second. They tried to make the movie have as little blood as possible, and when there was blood it looked like jelly.

Just watched it...

Honestly, it had wayyy too many cheesy hollywood type scenes. I really thought audiences were smarter now but I guess not.

Over all it was soso, not worth spending $12.50 in the theatres imo. Maybe if you have kids that are into the books then go see it.

PG ruines a movie like this, they hardly had any death scenes and when there was one it was for a split second. They tried to make the movie have as little blood as possible, and when there was blood it looked like jelly.

Just watched it...

Just watched it...

Archived