The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wanted: One big bad defenceman

J.I.A.H.N

i don't care i just thought it was funny, ya i thought it was from you, i just thought why would some one minus me for stating that we already had him...

i would have loved to keep willie. i really like willie as a player and i had no problems with him... but they went out and got ballard. i guess they figured he was an improvement over willie... decisions is still out on that one.

What about Mike Commodore?

6'4, 230lbs. Hits, fights, has a little bit of offensive flair. Not worth the massive contract he signed with CBJ but serviceable at 1 million per year. He has gone toe-to-toe with guys like Koci, McCormick, Orr.

Philips could be a good pick up. I think Ottawa might trade him too. His cap hit is a little hefty, but I think we could manage it.

He's not as big and mean as someone like Volchenkov, but he's a great shutdown d-man.

And he's not going to slow the D down.

It's like having another Hamhuis back there. You might not notice him, but his presence would be valuable.

But I think Gillis knows what he's doing.

I thought Chara put that "good Canadian toughness" garbage to rest. You sure sound old.

Rome is not the answer to our physical problems. I don't think you made your point clear as to WHY he is the answer. He is not big, he does not have much of a mean streak (maybe as mean as Ballard), and his raw ability isn't that great. Work ethic and injuries gave him a chance to be a regular here, but he is really NOT the answer.

*cough* Bieksa *cough*

Assuming you don't believe he only tries in contract years, he's probably the only guy on our team that other players are physically scared of.

Ballard and Hamhuis can throw hip-checks but Bieksa is mean.

not going to happen. i don't know why every one thinks this will happen....weber makes 7.5mil... let me do the math for ya... that is 3 mil MORE than any of our d make... and again let me do the math... we are close to the cap limit... ssooooooooo that would mean we would have to lose not one but 2 of our d to get him...so by getting webber we would lose 2 good dmen... and have to have a league minimum player which these days means they are fringe players well really they are ahl players.. so we would have a guy who can't really play in the nhl to make minimum just so you could have webber...

good call..

Are you posting from Korea? Obviously you are out of touch with what this team needs. The OP has been watching this team and has been a fan of the great Canadian game longer than you have been alive. He sure as hell does not have to answer to a smart ass Johnny come lately like you.

Stick to your ping pong and soccer.

Archived