The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Arena's Have You Watched The Canucks Play In?

Five For Fighting

The Rink on Renfrew, GM Place/Rogers Arena, and Air Canada Centre. By the way be wary of upper bowl tickets on the west side of ACC. They have a bar/restaurant that juts out into the stands so you can have your vision obstructed by not being able to see the opposite corner of the rink.

How they could build an arena with obstructed views boggles my mind.

Saw them in the Pacific Coliseum, GM Place, and the Credit Union Center, previously Sask Place. Regular season game between the Oilers and Canucks. Greg Adams to Bure just inside the blue line. Howitzer of the post and the crowd erupts ... It was awesome. :towel:

Only GM place and Rogers Arena, I live in Brazil so it's hard to watch games on Arenas lol, went against the Stars, Ducks and Blue Jackets, won against Stars, OT win against Blue Jackets and lost to Ducks

The Rink on Renfrew, GM Place/Rogers Arena, and Air Canada Centre. By the way be wary of upper bowl tickets on the west side of ACC. They have a bar/restaurant that juts out into the stands so you can have your vision obstructed by not being able to see the opposite corner of the rink.

How they could build an arena with obstructed views boggles my mind.

Pacific Coliseum, GM Place, Rogers Arena,

San Jose HP pavilion

Anaheim - Honda Center

LA - Staples Center

San Jose and Anaheim are really nice arenas and have great fans but LA /staples arena is odd the fans are goons and its like they go to party more than to watch the game.

I would like to hit all 30

Just curious where everyone has watched the Canucks play? I have been to GM Place (3-0), Honda Center (0-1), excel Energy Center (1-1) and tonight to the Saddledome (1-0). I am hoping to get to Rexall before the end of the year. I want to visit all 30 cities someday.

I have been lucky enough to see the boys in:

EDMONTON - great music, lots of energy

TORONTO - great hype (it was Sundin's return). middle of the road music. the Leafs did an extraordinary video tribute to Mats - which brought tears, and a couple minute delay as the crowd and both teams gave him a standing ovation.

MONTREAL - (both). they've done a nice job moving the tradition and "experience" from the old Forum to the new Bell Centre. great music - perfectly placed and timed. Unfortunately, it was Auger reffing and Burr got tossed early FOR NO REASON (this was pre-Nashville).

BUFFALO - great classic rock mix with new rock. HUUUUUUUGGGGEEEE building. very far away from the action, but loyal and great fans. trememdous amount of goodies in the press area - i mean: donuts, ice cream, popcorn, hot dogs, and on and on....

LOS ANGELES - I've seen a few games there, but nothing comes close to last March. there was, conservatively, about 10,000 MAD CRAZY CANUCK FANS! it was ridiculous. felt bad for the Kings faithful.. I've seen Leaf and Hab fans invade Rogers Arena, but nothing like this. Dieter - the organist/DJ there - is probably the best pro sports organist in the world. seriously.

ANAHEIM - big box of an arena. hard rockin' tunes, okay crowd.

PHOENIX - hard to describe, except for the color of the seats. the fans that were there were knowledgeable and respectful. distinct Canadian ex-pat flavour.

OTTAWA - just weird. middle of nowhere. freezing cold. standard stuff. the announcer there - Stu Schwartz - is a great guy! worked with him during the Olympics.

PHILADELPHIA - Saw them years ago there in the old Spectrum. just make sure you don't wear any Canuck colors in there, and if you're late getting to your seats, sit down in a HURRY! ruthless fans there. and smart.

CHICAGO - the original Chicago Stadium. well before the current rivalry. incredible atmosphere. those were the dull days of the squad there, but the fans still supported them fiercly.

DETROIT - good ol' Joe Louis Arena. aside from being in a scary part of town, amazing old school traditional vibe. the DJ there is all over the board, with funny, sarcastic stuff often played. great times in the seats. awesome fans.

and i do also recall seeing the boys in an old rundown arena called THE PACIFIC COLISEUM. never did get to DJ there (it was my childhood fantasy) as I started in then GM Place circa 2000. if you guys did ever see some games there (as the Giants currently as well) it was very intimate. almost a mirror of the old Northlands in Edmonton. great 1970's fans, amazing soft ice cream, and still - to this day - the finest popcorn in any north american arena.

my 2 cents.

DJDave

Rogers Arena

Honda Center

HP Pavillion

Staples Center

Bell Center

Nassau Memorial Colliseum

Madison Square Garden

I'm a student from Vancouver studying in Montreal, so I've seen them play in a few different rinks out east. I'm hoping to grab tickets for the game in Montreal and the game in Ottawa this year too.

Archived