Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

The Canucks Will End Up Regretting Trading Samuelson

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
189 replies to this topic

#181 BleedBlueAndGreen

BleedBlueAndGreen

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

This trade got Marco Sturm out of Vancouver, therefore, it is a Win.

14o6bli.jpg
Credit to -VintageCanuck for the sig

#182 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

One thing about CDC that I've always found funny is this tendency for people to lament the loss of any former Canuck the second he does something remotely noteworthy, or when his replacement doesn't light it up.

Cooke, Mitchell, Ehrhoff, Ohlie, Torres, Jovo...the list goes on and on. I doesn't matter if the player was signed for far more than he was worth, the Canucks were "fools" for letting him go...

Heck, there were even people saying we should have hung on to perrennial Canuck whipping boy, Taylor Pyatt when the 'yotes were still playing last season and we weren't.

Next year it'll be Aaron Rome...

The Cooke trade was pretty damn stupid. Where is the other Matt (Pettinger) right now anyways?

Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#183 Buttock

Buttock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

One thing about CDC that I've always found funny is this tendency for people to lament the loss of any former Canuck the second he does something remotely noteworthy, or when his replacement doesn't light it up.

Cooke, Mitchell, Ehrhoff, Ohlie, Torres, Jovo...the list goes on and on. I doesn't matter if the player was signed for far more than he was worth, the Canucks were "fools" for letting him go...

Heck, there were even people saying we should have hung on to perrennial Canuck whipping boy, Taylor Pyatt when the 'yotes were still playing last season and we weren't.

Next year it'll be Aaron Rome...

Nah it'll be Sami Salo. I miss Aaron Rome already!

#184 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:10 AM

Lets get all the pace on the top line eh?................oh and you hate Burrows THAT much?

Not really a coherent thought there....

As for Burrows, who said anything about hating him? Him and Samuelsson plays a different style with the Sedins. Burrows is more of the crash the net, dig pucks out type player. Samuelsson is a bit more of being in better position for a tap-in (being a right-handed player and was actually the biggest forward on the team) and a quick wrist shot. One is not better than the other for the Sedins, just gives them more variety.

Plus Burrows has good chemistry with Kesler.

#185 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,462 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

The Cooke trade was pretty damn stupid. Where is the other Matt (Pettinger) right now anyways?

Disagree.

At the time, Cooke was asking for more money than he was worth, so the Canucks got what they could for him, rather than lose him for nothing in free-agency.

People look at his last couple of years and think that this is the player we let go several years ago, but that isn't the case. It took multiple suspensions and a severe black eye for the Penguins' franchise, for Matt Cooke to wake up and realize that he needed to rededicate himself to playing the game the right way, if he wanted to keep his career alive.

Personally, I was glad to see him take his cheap-shot antics out of town and I don't miss him at all.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#186 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

To the OP

No they won't

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#187 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

Booth is useless unless we get a good playmaker,or put him with sedins
Posted Image
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

#188 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,329 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

Think before you post

#189 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

Think before you post

so we should pre-think instead of post-think? are we counting how many times we hit the post?

#190 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

Last November (WHEN THIS THREAD WAS CREATED) :picard:

Don't you facepalm me! I MADE YOU.

/=S=/

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.